Can I turn on computer without cpu just mobo?

you dont

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

What? You need all parts to get it work, CPU, GPU and RAM, all put together + PSU. Lose 1 of it, you're in trouble.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

INPOSSIBLE unless your einstein

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

Why would you even want to do that?? The answer btw is no...

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

Why would you even want to do that?? The answer btw is no...

Because I just want turn all the led and fans on to see how it looks and how loud it is to order more fans and stuff

Yes, you can turn the system on without a CPU. Nothing will happen, but the system will receive power.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Because I just want turn all the led and fans on to see how it looks and how loud it is to order more fans and stuff

No, you can't, sorry. You could always try shorting the 2 power pins to see if it'd power fans

n0p3

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

You have fans and stuff, but no CPU? Get your priorities straight man :P

You have fans and stuff, but no CPU? Get your priorities straight man :P

Maybe he hasn't got it yet? No need to be a dick.

If the fans and lights are plugged into the psu, yes you can for your purpose. You need to put a paper clip in the motherboard cable from the psu. Look up water cooling jumper and I think you'll find it

G3258 @ 4.5 | 8GB Team Vulcan RAM | 128GB Kingston V300 SSD (I didn't know what I was doing when I bought it) | MSI H81I Motherboard | Corsair H55 with Noctua NF-P12 | EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB | OCZ 550W Fully Modular PSU with Noctua NF-A14 | Cooler Master Elite 130 (Soon to be something cool)

Maybe he hasn't got it yet? No need to be a dick.

Really? Nobody has a sense of humor anymore? Do I need to ruin a joke by stating it is a joke every time? Or was the smiley not enough? Now I am being a dick lol

Really? Nobody has a sense of humor anymore? Do I need to ruin a joke by stating it is a joke every time? Or was the smiley not enough? Now I am being a dick lol

Usually on forums, you put /jk after the joke, otherwise people will take it the wrong way, especially in a serious sub category.

If the fans and lights are plugged into the psu, yes you can for your purpose. You need to put a paper clip in the motherboard cable from the psu. Look up water cooling jumper and I think you'll find it

It will also work if the fans are plugged into the motherboard and he shorted the 2 power pins

Usually on forums, you put /jk after the joke, otherwise people will take it the wrong way, especially in a serious sub category.

To be brutally honest, I would not consider this thread all that serious :P But also, it was already quite obvious it was just a joke ;)

What? You need all parts to get it work, CPU, GPU and RAM, all put together + PSU. Lose 1 of it, you're in trouble.

Actually, GPU isn't required unless there is no iGPU on the processor or motherboard has no video out ports.

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

Actually, GPU isn't required unless there is no iGPU on the processor or motherboard has no video out ports.

Yeah, as long as the CPU has integrated graphics it loads fine. CPUs like FX don't have integrated GPU so it won't load without dedicated GPU.

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

Yeah, as long as the CPU has integrated graphics it loads fine. CPUs like FX don't have integrated GPU so it won't load without dedicated GPU.

Nerp. Some AM3+ motherboards have graphics in the chipset.

Take a look at the M5A78L-M/USB3. That has integrated ATI HD 3000 graphics.

Sig under construction.

Nerp. Some AM3+ motherboards have graphics in the chipset.

Take a look at the M5A78L-M/USB3. That has integrated ATI HD 3000 graphics.

That's the motherboard, if CPU, none. But at least some of the motherboards have integrated graphics.

PC Specs

Indonesia

Australia 

You can't do it with mobo. But you can jump start just PSU by shorting two of the pins in 24pin connector. That will sart PSU fan (which in modern PSUs will then shutdown) and PSU will provide power to all devices connected to it. Like fans. You can use either molex or 3pin connectors. Or even do it with fan controller.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

you can't turn on your computer without processor because your computer needs to load the IPL into the RAM then start the POST of every HW component.

I Speak Spanish And Italian my english isn't good because im learning italian , Excuse me!!

you can't turn on your computer without processor because your computer needs to load the IPL into the RAM then start the POST of every HW component.

You can turn it on. You just won't get anywhere, but the system will power everything.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Power will go to the board and it will turn on, but you'll not get any POST.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Can I toast bread without any bread?

Z77A-G43 LGA 1155, Intel I5 3450s, Radeon R9 290 (non-X), Cooler Master V750 Gold (750W) PSU, 2x4GB Ripjaws X 1866 MHz, 1x4 Crucial 1866 MHz, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, Thor V2 Full-tower Case, Acer 1920x1080 Monitor