How do you deal with your upgrade itch?

EpIcPoNaGe

Just as the titles says, how do you deal with your upgrade itch? I'm constantly getting the itch and want to know how you all deal with it. 

Desktop: The Bluez | CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.5 ghz 1.296V | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: P8Z77 M-Pro | Memory: 16 GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX  

GPU: Asus GTX 780ti DirectCu II | HDD: Some Random Hitachi 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, 850 EVO 500GB | PSU: Rosewill Hive 750W | Case: Enermax Ostrog GT (Blue Ver.) 

Laptop: Razer Blade 14 2013 256GB

I never had it. I don'T have any  (much) money to upgrade :P

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Just as the titles says, how do you deal with your upgrade itch? I'm constantly getting the itch and want to know how you all deal with it. 

I just buy whatever I'm itching for.

CPU: Intel i5-4690k                                                               RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengance Pro DDR3-2400                                                                     Case: NZXT S340

Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo                                                  Storage: Intel 730 SSD                                                                                                            PSU: EVGA 850G2

Mobo: Asus Z97-A 3.1                                                          GPU: 980ti G1                                                                                                                          OS: Windows 10 Pro

by changing details about my rig, like rerouting some cables, changing fan setup, etc.

oh, and tinkering with old machines. at one point i was craving some pc building, and i completely tore apart an old DTX size system and rebuilt it to have no cable clutter.

(which was hard in the TINY form factor, and PATA cables.)

cleaning is also a big thing to get rid of that upgrading itch, because i got two frankensteined home servers going on without fan filters.

by changing details about my rig, like rerouting some cables, changing fan setup, etc.

oh, and tinkering with old machines. at one point i was craving some pc building, and i completely tore apart an old DTX size system and rebuilt it to have no cable clutter.

(which was hard in the TINY form factor, and PATA cables.)

cleaning is also a big thing to get rid of that upgrading itch, because i got two frankensteined home servers going on without fan filters.

Sadly given that I'm in college, I don't have any computers to tear apart other than mine...

shoot that reminds me i need to dust my pc.

Opening my wallet and crying.

HAHA ... yeah .... i feel you  :(

I make many newegg wish lists.

Newegg wishlists instead of pcpartpicker builds? 

Desktop: The Bluez | CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.5 ghz 1.296V | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: P8Z77 M-Pro | Memory: 16 GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX  

GPU: Asus GTX 780ti DirectCu II | HDD: Some Random Hitachi 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, 850 EVO 500GB | PSU: Rosewill Hive 750W | Case: Enermax Ostrog GT (Blue Ver.) 

Sadly given that I'm in college, I don't have any computers to tear apart other than mine...

shoot that reminds me i need to dust my pc.

most of the stuff i tinker with are freebies i got from people that were otherwise gonna throw it in the dump.

its a matter of knowing the right people

I get the same itch. I have an extensive amazon and newegg wishlist. After each upgrade I think "ok thats good for awhile" and then I take a look at the wishlists i have and start to drool again. I am going to take care of this by painting some of my parts I think. In my case, its more of me just wanting to tinker around with my PC.

Be wise...

nvm. start doing something else, i started to read actual books instead of browsing the web for new parts ;) 

i get cheap little stuff before when i had ubuntu linux i just messed around seeing how much i can cut down the boot time

I get the same itch. I have an extensive amazon and newegg wishlist. After each upgrade I think "ok thats good for awhile" and then I take a look at the wishlists i have and start to drool again. I am going to take care of this by painting some of my parts I think. In my case, its more of me just wanting to tinker around with my PC.

Same. After making pcpartpicker builds, I just start drooling... 

BTW welcome to the forums  :)

I get the itch every day, but then I realize I just spend all of my money my other upgrade itches so I can't buy anything :(

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600 Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: 32Gb DDR4  GPU(s): MSI 6800-XT Case: NZXT H440 Storage: 4x 250gb SSD + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM850x with CableMod Displays: 1 x Asus ROG Swift And 3 x 24" 1080p Cooling: H100i Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Sound: AKG 553 Operating System: Windows 10

Current PC: 

http://i.imgur.com/ubYSO3f.jpg          http://i.imgur.com/xhpDcqd.jpg

Tell myself that I am getting the absolute best performance for the price and laugh at other people who build jack crap for the same price :)

junker build in the making

I upgrade

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

Look at how many bills I have to pay and then just deal with it.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

I upgrade my gaming rig, then kick down to my wifes and sons rigs.

Newegg wishlists instead of pcpartpicker builds? 

PCPartPicker doesn't have everything listed. I am looking at it right now and it only has a few Xeon e5-2600 v3 cpus listed. Just found the option that was limiting it ("compatibility filter"). They don't have the Asus Z10PE-D8 WS mobo listed though.

I like to make some strange builds using the newegg wishlists. It's just what I am used to.

Edited by Comrade_Dave