possible AMD roadmap and a surprise

monstercameron

I hope these APUs support crossfire with a dedicated gpu

The weird kid in the corner eating glue
“People think that I must be a very strange person. This is not correct. I have the heart of a small boy. It is in a glass jar on my desk.” - Stephen King

I hope these APUs support crossfire with a dedicated gpu

They probably will, if they work sorta the same way they do now.

But I'm tired of road maps and rumors lol. Let me get something tangible AMD!

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

This will be sweet *if* it works and delivers.

I'm liking the fact that both mainstream and high performance share a common socket.

Come on AMD. Time to shine again. Bring your A(thlon 64) game!

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

I'm looking so much forward to Zen, and I hope we will get to see proper highend motherboards, with modern layouts (no more PCI non express, more M.2 connectors, etc).

I must admit though, that the 8 core Summit Ridge is a bit disappointing, as HSA should be the future of compute. If so then it might be a loss to not have built in GPU (you also miss out on a backup if your gaming card craps out). If HSA would work on discrete GPU's, then ok, that might be nice.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

"Summit"

Would be super troll if they sponsored him.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I saw in an earlier release that all Zen cores are hyperthreaded. So if that turns out to be true then that Summit Ridge is gonna be a wallop.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

I'm looking so much forward to Zen, and I hope we will get to see proper highend motherboards, with modern layouts (no more PCI non express, more M.2 connectors, etc).

I must admit though, that the 8 core Summit Ridge is a bit disappointing, as HSA should be the future of compute. If so then it might be a loss to not have built in GPU (you also miss out on a backup if your gaming card craps out). If HSA would work on discrete GPU's, then ok, that might be nice.

I personally am hoping the new FM3 motherboards for Zen will be in the same league of features, style, and quality as how most of the Haswell / Haswell-e have been.  That and we can probably expect AMD branded DDR4 :P

I sure hope those are real because it means 1 socket for both apu and cpu and OPTION to choose from pure cpu+ dedicated gpu or just apu it will be great if its true i hope their chipset is great and they dont overcharge for it,i like how amd quality boards are so cheap(real prices), intel just overcharges everything they sell,similar quality boards from amd vs intel costs half the price with quality audio,multiple pci-e etc.

They are going from 4 architectures to 1. excavator, steamroller, piledriver, puma platforms will move to the zen.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

They are going from 4 architectures to 1. excavator, steamroller, piledriver, puma platforms will move to the zen.

5 actually, there is puma and puma+

Interesting thins to note:

It will still use a GCN architecture, not its successor.

Summit Ridge is not a SoC, I suspect that there will still be a southbridge on the platform. Which the SOC's hopefully will also be able to use as well. 

Wonder when and in what time space they will arrive.

FX-8120 | ASUS Crosshair V Formula | G.Skill Sniper 8GB DDR3-1866 CL9 | Club3D Radeon R9 290 RoyalAce |Thermaltake Chaser MkIII | 128GB M4 Crucial + 2TB HDD storage | Cooler Master 850M | Scythe Mugen 3 | Corsair Strafe RGB | Logitech G500

5 actually, there is puma and puma+

Interesting thins to note:

It will still use a GCN architecture, not its successor.

Summit Ridge is not a SoC, I suspect that there will still be a southbridge on the platform. Which the SOC's hopefully will also be able to use as well. 

Wonder when and in what time space they will arrive.

GCN doesn't have a successor, just revisions/upgrades. Fiji is GCN too.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

GCN doesn't have a successor, just revisions/upgrades. Fiji is GCN too.

Wasn't there a rumor that Artic Island would have the successor. If yes, that would mean that the APUs would not get it implemented.

FX-8120 | ASUS Crosshair V Formula | G.Skill Sniper 8GB DDR3-1866 CL9 | Club3D Radeon R9 290 RoyalAce |Thermaltake Chaser MkIII | 128GB M4 Crucial + 2TB HDD storage | Cooler Master 850M | Scythe Mugen 3 | Corsair Strafe RGB | Logitech G500

I personally am hoping the new FM3 motherboards for Zen will be in the same league of features, style, and quality as how most of the Haswell / Haswell-e have been.  That and we can probably expect AMD branded DDR4 :P

Agreed im sick of the intel performance/efficiency monopoly. Given the entire idea for core was stolen from athlon 64 aguably this is incredibly ironic....

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

Wasn't there a rumor that Artic Island would have the successor. If yes, that would mean that the APUs would not get it implemented.

Not sure really. Some speculate, that there will, but most seems to just call it (Greenland) GCN or next gen GCN. It's too early to say either way, but so far, GCN gets big updates with each generation, so I guess that could just continue.

Agreed im sick of the intel performance/efficiency monopoly. Given the entire idea for core was stolen from athlon 64 aguably this is incredibly ironic....

me too, but amd needs to release something

I don't believe that is accurate. After the P4 fiasco they went back to the P3 and Pentium M system. When the early gen P4s were outperformed by the last gen P3s it got ugly. Athlon 64 was legit, but the Core series was jumping back and racing forward, not leaving their lane. At least according to Darek Mihocka:  http://emulators.com/pentium4.htm

It's nice to see Bristol Ridge using Zen instead of the speculated Excavator. 2016 is going to be a badass year for AMD. As I expected it looks like AMD is targeting the low power market for a change hitting deals on cell phones and tablets starting this year with Amur. I'm curious as to how well K12 will perform as it has a wider engine than Zen.

It's nice to see Bristol Ridge using Zen instead of the speculated Excavator. 2016 is going to be a badass year for AMD. As I expected it looks like AMD is targeting the low power market for a change hitting deals on cell phones and tablets starting this year with Amur. I'm curious as to how well K12 will perform as it has a wider engine than Zen.

Yeah Amur looks really intriguing. A ~2W ARM based SOC that's been totally redesigned by the guy behind the Apple A-series SOC's?

Fuck yeah. That sounds awesome.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

i cant wait, please be as good as skylake intel AMD please.. i want to switch back so badly, i hope my 930 sticks around for 1 more year  . i mean the system has never been turned off unless the power is out or reboot for updates/new GPU etc so how many cycles has my CPU actually done compared to the typical 930

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

The way I understood HSA was that the GPU and CPU could work on something in memory without having to copy it around..so there shouldn't be much of a difference between using a discreet gpu or igpu...someone correct me if my interpretation is wrong  :)

The way I understood HSA was that the GPU and CPU could work on something in memory without having to copy it around..so there shouldn't be much of a difference between using a discreet gpu or igpu...someone correct me if my interpretation is wrong  :)

With HSA, you can move heavy floating point threads from the CPU's pipeline/FPU, onto the iGPU, and use that as a massive parallel compute unit. SO yes, they share memory pools, but it also allows the APU to offload threads to the igpu. I don't think it can do that with a discrete GPU.

Zen topping out at 8 cores is going to be really interesting.  If it does have hyperthreading or some equivalent, we're looking at 8C/16T.  

Bristol Ridge could be cool too.  I'm really looking forward to seeing how APU's perform with access to DDR4 memory speeds, considering how bottlenecked they are right now by memory.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti