What brands do you think are OVERATED

Mrbluee

Their headphones are made of cheap materials compared to others in their price range.

Cheap quality and charging a stupid amount of money, have we been here before lol

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

EVGA, Valve, Creative, Corsair, IBM and Lenovo.

Turtle Beach, Astro and Razer. Turtle Beach and Astro because of the console community. Razer because they've had a couple hit products but more flops than anything. Their products are also way overpriced compared to say Logitech.

Beats Audio (It definitely does NOT help my Droid DNA)

Alienware (or any "performance" PC manufacturer that charges double retail price)

And of course Apple / Macbook / iPhone

"Energy drinks don't make my mouth taste like yak buttholes like coffee does, so I'll stick with them." - Yoinkerman

Call of Duty, just because a lot of cod fanboys are saying other games are stealing ideas from cod, but it's actually the other way around.

Microsoft because they assume that people will buy Windows anyway, but actually a lot of people were unhappy about Windows 8, and though they said Windows 8.1 will be so much better, it isn't (in my opinion). 

If anything I think Linux is UNDERrated. It makes me happy to see steam pushing steam games to Linux.

And everything they did with the XBONE wasn't that good either.

And of course:

Apple,

Beats,

Samsung phones,

Skype,

McDonalds,

Abercrombie,

FIFA,

Tim Cook (Muahahah),

After Earth (In my opinion),

Nike,

Skype isnt a brand, fifa isnt a brand, tim cook isnt a brand

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

Razer (was great before the 2013 shits), Apple, Beats, Alienware, Nvidia (sometimes)

I got beats because all my Logitech, Skullcandy, Bose broke within the month...

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

Apple, Beats, Alienware, Skullcandy, Corsair.

Don't get me wrong, Corsair makes great products but some of their stuff is overrated. The others, meh. Canon cameras are pretty overrated too, I would buy a Sony before a Canon camera.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4.0GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 RAM: 12GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 Storage: Samsung 120GB 840 SSD Cooling: Corsair H100 with Noctuas Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2

SpeedTest: http://www.speedtest.net/result/3243874809.png

My Definition of overrated: I used or own the products because I various positive info and or impression on them... but a HUGE letdown when I started using/own them.

Sennheiser:   Overrated for sound quality.  Comfortable,  yes.  Material ... "feel like it's going to shatter if you drop on floor" plastic.  Sound... like a IPS monitor but everything tinted yellow.  ATH-M50 is what is clear sound, though harsh highs.  Grado SR80's are clear and not harsh but lack bass kick. It's not about perfection,

Cherry MX switches:  Wobbly and inaccurate key presses...They might be durable but do not stand up to the modern "quality" in terms of fit and accuracy.  We need competition!  Give me a switch using self serviceable linear bearing/spring/contact points and I'll gladly pony up the $$.  

Apple:  specifically OSX.  Come on, awful (but pretty) UI years ago... but hasn't changed since.  I don't know how people suddenly think its great.  Don't even get started with the security lies.

My Rigs (past and present)

Apple/Samsung, Intel, Ferrari (Lamborghini is taking this place more and more)

CPU: A10-5800K, GPU: 7660D, RAM: Corsair XMS3 2x 4GB 1600Mhz, PSU: Rosewill Stallion series RD500-2SB 500W, Motherboard: MSI FM2-A75MA-E35, HDD: WD 10EZEX 1TB Blue, Case: Rosewill Line-M mAtx

I think you mean VW

Main Rig: i5 760 @ 4.0GHZ Asus p7p55d-e, 8GB Corsair Vengance @ 1600 Mhz. Samsung BX2231 X 3 (5760x1080)

EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked +150/+500, 128GB Crucial M4, 1TB WD Black

Xonar DX, AudioEngine A2, Astro Mixamp, AudioTechnica ath-m50 & ath-ad700

I think you mean VW

No not really because if you follow the world of cars, alot of douches buy Aventadors which overates the company

And it's more Audi that takes care of Lambo anyway, not VW

CPU: A10-5800K, GPU: 7660D, RAM: Corsair XMS3 2x 4GB 1600Mhz, PSU: Rosewill Stallion series RD500-2SB 500W, Motherboard: MSI FM2-A75MA-E35, HDD: WD 10EZEX 1TB Blue, Case: Rosewill Line-M mAtx

Apple, Alienware, nVidia, the i7 branding (some people think i7 is better than i5 no matter what use case), Razer, Seasonic/Corsair/XFX psus (everyone thinks that if it isn't using a Seasonic board it's a shitty psu), Noctua (don't hate me, their fans are good but they aren't that quiet and the NF-F12's perform way worse than the quieter Be Quiet! fans I bought)

Main Rig: i5-3570k | Asrock B75M-ITX | 8gb Crucial Tactical Tracer | Mushkin 60gb SSD | Seagate Momentus XT Gen. 2 750gb | Galaxy 660 ti | Superlux HD668B | Custom Built Super SFF Case | Athena Power 400w m-itx PSU | Steelseries 6Gv/2 Red Switch | Ikari Optical | QCK Heavy |

• 4 weeks later...

Logitech.

Just wondering, why?

I'm just curious because I don't usually hear people hating on Logitech since they don't make many high end products, just general mice and keyboards and stuff people  buy for <$50.

I think Logitech has good products. My c920 webcam and my G700 mice were good choices. Its true its mainstream.

Apple is overpriced and over rated and it has good products.

This thread should go away and die quietly, basically every PC brand known is mentioned somewhere on here, so according to the LTT community everything is overrated?

This community can be embarrassing sometimes.

Rosewill,razer and apple.

Rosewill? They just do rebrands, so a lot of their stuff is good, and a lot of it is terrible. I've only heard specific products praised, like their capstone power supplies, and their mechanical keyboard.

asus gigabyte intel amd nvidia Via supermicro HIS evga Google Apple LTT  .... etc

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Razer, Mac, Beats, Corsair? I don't know, they make good quality product yes, but every time I heard someone planning on build a new rig they always mention it or almost every time all of the parts are corsair, still good brand though.

This thread should go away and die quietly, basically every PC brand known is mentioned somewhere on here, so according to the LTT community everything is overrated?

This community can be embarrassing sometimes.

You missunderstood "overrated".

It's about the general conception of what is "a superior" product, and which brands get recommender above average.

Don't see why you're so butthurt about this thread.

Do you happen to have an all Asus, Corsair build featuring Nvidia and a Lamborghini? ^^

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Call of duty, alienware, Uncharted, GTA IV (I loved it for a little while but it got so boring), Beats

No not really because if you follow the world of cars, alot of douches buy Aventadors which overates the company And it's more Audi that takes care of Lambo anyway, not VW

VW owns Audi and Audi owns Lambo..in the end it's all VW :D