[Scary] Does it hurt getting Blood taken? (BloodChecking)

I felt a pinch when I had blood taken.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

It's like a little pinch when they put it in, other than that, nothing. Like getting a shot, only it takes longer.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

Yes, 90% of people dies.

R. I. P Kenny.

Jk, only a very slight pinch.

Just don't look at it when it's happening, you will feel a little pressure but other than that you will be fine. :D

Like drawing blood? Like a needle in your arm, or how diabetics do it with a prick on the finger? I've been a Type 1 diabetic my entire life and at this point I can't even feel when I check my blood sugar. Getting blood drawn from the arm really depends on the person putting the needle in. I've had some hurt like hell and others I didn't even feel.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Don't look at it and don't squirm, just relax. It won't hurt.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

Yes, 90% of people dies.

R. I. P Kenny.

Jk, only a very slight pinch.

U scare me When I looking your replies :(  really scare that, sit beside doctor/nurse and my hand ready to be Pain RIP ='(

Like drawing blood? Like a needle in your arm, or how diabetics do it with a prick on the finger? I've been a Type 1 diabetic my entire life and at this point I can't even feel when I check my blood sugar. Getting blood drawn from the arm really depends on the person stabbing the needle in. I've had some hurt like hell and others I didn't even feel.

Not the greatest choice of words.... 

Also, that reminds me of a friend who was donating blood and had to do it himself because the woman wasn't able to find a vein. 

Also, as someone who's not a huge fan of needles...the actual shot (needle penetration) is nowhere near as bad as the anxiety you get thinking about it getting a shot. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

This honestly depends on the quality of the person drawing the blood.  I know a phlebotomist, and she told me the secret to it.  They have to let the alcohol solution dry on your arm before piercing the skin.  If they don't, it burns.  If they do (and hit the vein) it's painless outside of the initial pinch.  Inexperienced ones might miss the vein and have to puncture several times before hitting it.  An experienced one will do it so fast and effortlessly that you won't know what happened before it's over.  

Case: HAF XBCPU: 4690kCPU Cooler: NH D15Motherboard: Gigabyte Gaming 7 | RAM: Hyper X FuryVideo Card: G1 Gaming 970SSD: 850 EVO |  PSU: Supernova 550 G2 | 

I have to have blood taken every 2 months as I am diabetic so it does not hurt at all been doing this for the last past 4 years now.I only had one issue one time when the nurse accidentally hit a nerve in my arm and it hurt all day where my arm and hand would be numb all day till the next mourning and had a bruise..

U scare me When I looking your replies :(  really scare that, sit beside doctor/nurse and my hand ready to be Pain RIP ='(

It was a joke :D

Calm down man.

I had a blood test when i was 5 and after the doctor took the blood i supposedly said "is he ready for the blood daddy?" Because i thought the pinching feeling was the rubber band things they put around the area

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Not the greatest choice of words.... 

Also, that reminds me of a friend who was donating blood and had to do it himself because the woman wasn't able to find a vein. 

Also, as someone who's not a huge fan of needles...the actual shot (needle penetration) is nowhere near as bad as the anxiety you get thinking about it getting a shot. 

Oops, fixed it. I should also mention that I take insulin everyday with needles, and most I barely feel. Unless I get it into scar tissue.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

At worst they will miss the vein, which means you get "pinched" a few times. Sometimes you will get a small bruise afterwards.

It hurts really badly because they're taking blood from the vein. So it'll feel like someone is pinching you and stabbing you with a clothespin. /s

It doesn't hurt, don't sweat about it.

I'm terrified of needles as well, but in all honesty it doesn't hurt at all.

MY CURRENT PC

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k COOLER: Noctua NH-D14 MOBO: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming ATX RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR3-1600 STORAGE: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM HHD GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 SLI CASE: Fractal Design R4 PSU: EVGA 1000W 80+ Gold 
PERIPHERALS - KEYBOARD: Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Cherry MX Browns MOUSE: Logitech G500/M100 MONITOR(S): Acer H236HLbid (I want an Asus PB278Q) SPEAKERS: Some Cyber Acoustics $10 speakers PICTURES AND FULL PARTS LIST @ PCPARTPICKER - http://pcpartpicker.com/b/z4Pscf  

"Don't get so caught up in trying to make a living that you forget to make a life."

I had a blood test when i was 5 and after the doctor took the blood i supposedly said "is he ready for the blood daddy?" Because i thought the pinching feeling was the rubber band things they put around the area

https://youtu.be/-fVDGu82FeQ

I Scare hurt because I either have small or shifty veins. :(

Don't worry about it.  The people that draw the blood are usually experienced and careful (at least in my case they were).

MY CURRENT PC

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k COOLER: Noctua NH-D14 MOBO: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming ATX RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR3-1600 STORAGE: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM HHD GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 SLI CASE: Fractal Design R4 PSU: EVGA 1000W 80+ Gold 
PERIPHERALS - KEYBOARD: Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Cherry MX Browns MOUSE: Logitech G500/M100 MONITOR(S): Acer H236HLbid (I want an Asus PB278Q) SPEAKERS: Some Cyber Acoustics $10 speakers PICTURES AND FULL PARTS LIST @ PCPARTPICKER - http://pcpartpicker.com/b/z4Pscf  

"Don't get so caught up in trying to make a living that you forget to make a life."

Don't worry about it.  The people that draw the blood are usually experienced and careful (at least in my case they were).

ha....ha.....*starts crying*

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.