[Scary] Does it hurt getting Blood taken? (BloodChecking)

Depends on the needle size.

I didn't mind the smaller stuff, but I once got sick and they had foot-long needles and they did prick pretty hard (could be the nursers were incompetent), especially when they miss the vein. Sometimes it bruises, too.

It won't hurt as bad as you are thinking, though.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Depends on the needle size.

I didn't mind the smaller stuff, but I once got sick and they had foot-long needles and they did prick pretty hard (could be the nursers were incompetent), especially when they miss the vein. Sometimes it bruises, too.

It won't hurt as bad as you are thinking, though.

Needle size eh? That's the worst part, ready to be injected.....

article_590_shot1.jpg

Sorry if this scares you..... But every damn syringe will look like this.....

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

No, the less you think about it the easier it is really. Just go in relaxed and accept it's going to happen. Any pain is lowered if you take the anticipation fear out of it. And honestly, it's just a small pinch. You may feel dizzy afterwards, but nothing too serious.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Needle size eh? That's the worst part, ready to be injected.....

article_590_shot1.jpg

Sorry if this scares you..... But every damn syringe will look like this.....

I'm not crippled by it, just find them very uncomfortable. Especially when in the hands of incompetent people or people who just want to hurry up tending to people's lives.

The 18s and 16s are the worst... :(

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Lol, last time they did it I didn't feel a thing

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

I just tend to console myself with the idea that at least I don't have to do it to myself and that all I really have to do is sit there, and it seems to help. :0/

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

I donate blood regularly with Canadian Blood Services, currently I'm up to 10 donations.

The needle going in isn't pleasant. Does it hurt? Yeah kinda but it's pretty quick pain. Once it's in it doesn't hurt. I would rather get a needle in my arm than bang the back of my ankle. As far as the actual extraction of blood goes, no it doesn't hurt.

My words of advice for anyone giving or having blood taken from them is to make sure you are properly hydrated and fed. Seriously, if you don't drink enough water the day of the donation (you want to drink lots of water the entire day) the donation will go slower, may be incomplete and you run the risk of having a complication.

If you get easily offended by people on the Internet there is something really wrong with you. You focus on the opinions of a few people instead of worrying about why you have a terrible taste in video games.

It kinda feels like a less painful shot then a small pressure as blood is drawn out ( like when you put a straw on your arm then start sucking on it)

The weird kid in the corner eating glue
“People think that I must be a very strange person. This is not correct. I have the heart of a small boy. It is in a glass jar on my desk.” - Stephen King

I used to have a crippling fear of needles. (Last time i went in for surgery three nurses had to restrain me... Not proud of that)

But as i've been in for about 10 blood tests in the past few months i've gotten used to it. 

Most of the time you get a small pinch sensation. and thats it. 6 of the times i went in went like that.

Sometimes it will hurt a bit while they are drawing the blood. But it's not too bad.

Even had a med student try to do it. Missed the vein 3 times. But i was joking with her and when she relaxed she managed to get it done :)

I've even started looking at my arm as it happens. It is pretty interesting

If you are really scared it might help to get yourself some numbing patches. They really work^^

Just go to a local pharmacy and ask for them to see if they have any. Not sure if you can find them in malaysia though. 

Ours look like this

emlad2.gif

And you just apply one where you suspect you might get poked. About 30 minutes before and you won't feel a thing.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

It feels like getting a thousand paper cuts and jumping into a pool of rubbing alcohol.

Seriously, you might feel a light sting, won't hurt too much.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

If they do it right, no pain.

But if they have training phlebotomists I'll say yes. Those trainees can make it hurt. So, if you're weak don't let the trainees take your blood.

Sorry for taking up This TOPIC Again.

I m Happy now, They are not doing Blood test!!!!!!!!!!!

because I m female and Vein is deep ad small, So they will pick X-Ray for easy Check up

Because this virus stay in lung, so just need to Scan to that :D  :D  :D

The feeling like - Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!! Extreme Happy hahahaha :D  :D :D  :D  

because I m female and Vein is deep ad small, So they will pick X-Ray for easy Check up

The feeling like - Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!! Extreme Happy hahahaha :D  :D :D  :D  

Good for you!

(not sarcastic)

Also, WELCOME TO THE FORUMS I HAVE NEVER SEEN YOU BEFORE

Good for you!

(not sarcastic)

Also, WELCOME TO THE FORUMS I HAVE NEVER SEEN YOU BEFORE

Yeahhhh XDD

Thank you, for help and take care for me :D

And thanks to all the member in Lenustechtips that Help me So much!! ;)

Woo party.

I don't have any beer though.

Woo party.

I know u too~! Always help me, easy to know u because of that (Pokémon Picture>?) So Cute :D

Thank you~ and Party ;)  feel free to add friend~ =D

Woo party.

*has sworn off alchohol for various reasons, mainly bad experiences with it as a child*

Wooo!!!! (Non Alchoholic) Beer!

I know u too~! Always help me, easy to know u because of that (Pokémon Picture>?) So Cute :D

Thank you~ and Party ;)  feel free to add friend~ =D

Lol, yeah, easy to recognize I guess. :P sure why not be friends.

*has sworn off alchohol for various reasons, mainly bad experiences with it as a child*

You shouldn't drink as a child....uhmm

Give me ...... MILK :lol:

A cute  & Cool CRAB , I chose u :D

Look out, I will do a Bubblebeam or a Tackle :P (Pokémon attacks)