[Scary] Does it hurt getting Blood taken? (BloodChecking)

I love syringes, no joke. 

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

I do not recall ever having my blood taken (though I am sure it has been done at some point in my 19 years on this planet). My mom has to have frequent testing done, but her veins are hard to find so she always hopes that she gets the actual doctor or a really good nurse. My younger brother can sit there and watch the nurse stick the needle into his arm and watch the blood go up into the syringe. 

As long as they hit your vein the first time you should be good, just like a shot. It might be more sore than a shot afterwards. 

Were you butchered by an inexperienced person?

What happened to make you cry?

Did the people completely botch the needle insertion?

Na, I refuse to get a blood test (even though I was supposed to get one for the last 5~ years) because I really don't like needles (although I don't have an issue during the shot....it's just the moments preceding the shot). 

But I do know a bunch of people who have had terrible people do it (although that doesn't concern me). 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Nah, it does not hurt. 

This coming Friday, I need to do a blood checking.....

But I have a fear of needles...

oh a checking isn't a big deal. Tell the doctor that you don't like needles and prefer to look away and they will usually honor that request and hide the needle from your sight as much as possible. 

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

i've donated blood like 6 times already, the only pain i get is when they poke your finger to check what's my blood category which is O btw

its all good

@kenny9170 : The last time I got blood taken or got an injection is when I was 10 I think ... It didn't really hurt once the needles is in your veins , you can feel the blood flowing into the syringe though . A very surreal feeling ... 

Edited by Delusional Phil

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

@kenny9170 : The last time I got blood taken or got an injection is when I was 10 I think ... It didn't really hurt once the needles is in your veins , you can feel the blood flowing into the syringe though . A very surreal feeling ... 

I Hope that doctor / nurse doing well , I dun wan to heard they say- aww, cant find your vein...need to try again.

I Hope that doctor / nurse doing well , I dun wan to heard they say- aww, cant find your vein...need to try again.

That's what the rubber band is for ... Don't worry . 5 seconds of blood draining isn't going to kill you , unless you goes into shock ( I don't know the correct word , maybe anaphylaxis shock ? I google translate that , sorry , my English is not as advanced as others . Maybe Analeptic shock ? ) , than you have a REAL problem here ( the needle might broke and get stuck in your arm , ... Needle tearing your veins and blood comes out at 300ml/s etc. . Have fun  :D

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

its fine no worries, trust me

That's what the rubber band is for ... Don't worry . 5 seconds of blood draining isn't going to kill you , unless you goes into shock ( I don't know the correct word , maybe anaphylaxis shock ? I google translate that , sorry , my English is not as advanced as others . Maybe Analeptic shock ? ) , than you have a REAL problem here ( the needle might broke and get stuck in your arm , ... Needle tearing your veins and blood comes out at 300ml/s etc. . Have fun  :D

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I dun wan to see that ! :(  Enjoy last 4day in scary mood.

This honestly depends on the quality of the person drawing the blood.  I know a phlebotomist, and she told me the secret to it.  They have to let the alcohol solution dry on your arm before piercing the skin.  If they don't, it burns.  If they do (and hit the vein) it's painless outside of the initial pinch.  Inexperienced ones might miss the vein and have to puncture several times before hitting it.  An experienced one will do it so fast and effortlessly that you won't know what happened before it's over.  

Like your answer ever, it relax me :(

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I dun wan to see that ! :(  Enjoy last 4day in scary mood.

Don't worry ... They have Vitamin K injections , blood clotting injections , ... Then they will pull the needle out , stick another one in to give you fluid and while you are asleep , they will take the blood then ... But don't worry , your body heals quick ... the blood can be replenish in ... about 3 months ( Depends on your health ) ...  If the Doctor is slow or fails to give you the injection . Worst case scenerio ? You lose 10-20% of your blood and now you are unafraid of needles  :D

Like your answer ever, it relax me :(

prepare to get baptise again  :P P/S : I'm a horrible person am I ?

Don't worry ... They have Vitamin K injections , blood clotting injections , ... Then they will pull the needle out , stick another one in to give you fluid and while you are asleep , they will take the blood then ... But don't worry , your body heals quick ... the blood can be replenish in ... about 3 months ( Depends on your health ) ...  If the Doctor is slow or fails to give you the injection . Worst case scenerio ? You lose 10-20% of your blood and now you are unafraid of needles  :D

But..but..... Why me are asleep :wacko: , I think they just put a (*alcohol solution dry on your arm before piercing the skin) like him say.

And straight hit to vein, no other  (Vitamin K injections , blood clotting injections) I think :(

But..but..... Why me are asleep :wacko: ( Because they will drug you for easy access of your blood ) , I think they just put a (*alcohol solution dry on your arm before piercing the skin) like him say.

And straight hit to vein, no other  (Vitamin K injections , blood clotting injections) I think :(

Oh no that's worst case scenio when you goes into Analeptic shock ... Yes you'll be fine , but be prepare for the worst ... The point is , if you get it over it , you'll be fine ... 

Yes, 90% of people dies.

R. I. P Kenny.

No it doesn't hurt, you barely feel anything, unless they break your vein, in that case trust me it hurts quite a bit.

No it doesn't hurt, you barely feel anything, unless they break your vein, in that case trust me it hurts quite a bit.

That video.... hahaaaa , Thanks ^_^

It hurts a bit (not too bad), you'll feel dizzy afterward but you'll feel fine soon, if not then...... Better consult to doctor.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

No it does not hurt at all, however my brother faints every time he come he has a blood test. Also, eat before getting a blood test

CPU AMD FX-6300 Motherboard MSI 970A-G43 RAM G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2x4GB) GPU PNY GTX 660 Case NZXT Source 210 Elite (White) Storage1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue PSU Corsair 500W Display(s)AOC and Viewsonic Cooling Enermax ETS-T40-TB Keyboard CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid with Blue Switches Dollar Store Mouse Sound Dollar Store Speaker

No it does not hurt at all, however my brother faints every time he come he has a blood test. Also, eat before getting a blood test

It's like getting bitten by an ant.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

Nah, it's not painful IMO.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Depends on the nurse my gf at the time got hers done and they missed the vein it hurt her alot and i've heard other people have the same issue. Personally never happened to me since im a pretty veiny person however last time i got a blood test i think i stressed my self out after seeing what happen to my gf that i nearly fainted while the lady was taking the blood :S