Razer releases new Tenkeyless RGB Keyboard

Razer is bringing a new keyboard onto their chroma lineup: The BlackWidow Tournament Edition Chroma. It's also priced $10 less than corsair's tenkeyless RGB K65 keyboard, at a price of $139.99. The article says:

It's pretty much a Chroma version of the original BlackWidow Tournament Edition keyboard that now includes a carrying case.

razer-blackwidow-tournament-edition-chro

I'm personally excited, because this means RGB keyboards are headed towards becoming standard on high end mechanical keyboards.

Source: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/razer-releases-new-chroma-keyboard,28943.html

Razer's interactive product page: http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-keyboards-keypads/razer-blackwidow-tournament-edition-chroma

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

Razer needs to leave now. They just bait and switch, people still think that they use cherry switches and they are still good

Except Razer fully markets their switches as, you know, their switches? Who are they baiting and switching? 

RGB, yes, but do they use Cherry MX?

Besides, how are Razer's own mechanical switches? Any good?

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

RGB, yes, but do they use Cherry MX?

Besides, how are Razer's own mechanical switches? Any good?

I own a blackwidow stealth with the equivalent of orange switches, and although the actuation characteristics are good, they are moderately wiggly.

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

Meh, I like my K65 rgb, but the colors could be better and brighter. Purple seems more like blue, and orange seems more like brown.

Could also be much brighter.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Except Razer fully markets their switches as, you know, their switches? Who are they baiting and switching?

uninformed people

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

Razer needs to leave now. They just bait and switch, people still think that they use cherry switches and they are still good

they are still good and no, they are pretty aggressive on marketing their own switches.

also they were pretty much forced to switch as corsair had some nifty contracts with cherry and their rgb switches.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Only the people that complain because they don't know how to read.

True, I shouldn't be too hard. Reading is difficult and cultivating your own sources and information is pretty difficult. Not to mention the fact that any hardware store worth its name is going to have demo units so you can try out various switches and make up your mind. 

But nah, lets circle jerk the same old tired shit. Its too hard to believe that Razer actually makes a good product that someone might prefer. 

Their products aren't terrible. Amazing build quality? Eh, no.

But I think it's just more that Razer (much like the other fad brands, TurtleBeach, Beats, etc...) have a larger public face/ad campaign than (subjectively) better peripherals that are less marketed. I've seen lots of friends go to Best Buy for a new gaming keyboard and 9 times out of 10 they come out with a Razer, which has K70's and others displayed right alongside on the shelves.

They're not bad for a first keyboard, after which (hopefully) users will learn what really makes a great, high quality peripheral, and switch back over to the light side  :D

CPU  5820k - 4.0GHz @ 1.27V  |  MOBO X99-Pro  |  RAM 16GB Ballistic @ 2133MHz  |  PSU HX750i 

COOLING  Kraken X61 - 6x NF-A14 iPPC  |  DRIVES  256GB 950 Pro - 2x 1TB Travelstar - 1x 1TB WD Black

GPU  EVGA GTX980 SC |  CASE  R5  |  OS  Win 8.1 Pro  |  MISC   Cablemod C-Series White Set

True, I shouldn't be too hard. Reading is difficult and cultivating your own sources and information is pretty difficult. Not to mention the fact that any hardware store worth its name is going to have demo units so you can try out various switches and make up your mind. 

But nah, lets circle jerk the same old tired shit. Its too hard to believe that Razer actually makes a good product that someone might prefer. 

Hell most places usually have an open box you can type on to see how if feels.

I really like this keyboard though, I want a tenkeyless just because of gaming.

after 3 months of using a blackwidow keyboard the only real complaint that I have is that Razer Synapse sucks in various areas.

Yea, honestly. I bought a Razer keyboard knowing full well what switches they were, and I haven't regretted my purchase yet (my family has, they hate how loud my typing is!).

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

this might be nice, once i go back to a desktop i would like a 10keyless keyboard, altough i hope they include one with the orange switches, these are so incredibly quiet, even when you hammer the keys down i didnt notice any sound(in store that was) which is something that is a must for keyboard IMO

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

after 3 months of using a blackwidow keyboard the only real complaint that I have is that Razer Synapse sucks in various areas.

i actually have it uninstalled, cant use the macro keys but hey i can live without them, buggiest piece of software i had installed, 

I had a good experience with razr with their mice. Bought a naga 5 years ago and its still working with no problems besides the normal wear and tear. I cannt speak for keyboards. Im just not nerdy enough to really care what switches are what. I say push the button down like a man and forget about it. Mechanical, membrane, its still a button you push down. Really over analyzing the whole thing there.

Meh, more overpriced RGB crap. All the action is on the monitor, not on the keyboard (or mouse).

only 10 bucks less than the corsair rgb ? I think they can do better than that they're saving quite a bit on their switches.

-------

Current Rig

-------

they are still good and no, they are pretty aggressive on marketing their own switches.

also they were pretty much forced to switch as corsair had some nifty contracts with cherry and their rgb switches.

they wont have trouble with the contract if they dont put the LEDs inside the switches

they wont have trouble with the contract if they dont put the LEDs inside the switches

if apple would do something like that, people would rage.

if corsair/cherry does it, it is alright.

they are using switches from kailh and my friend has a razer keyboard that broken in a year. i would forgive razer if they lower the price to what all the other kailh keyboards cost but i think they increased the price

if apple would do something like that, people would rage.

if corsair/cherry does it, it is alright.

? what does apple have to do with this