Razer releases new Tenkeyless RGB Keyboard

Regardless of brand, is it just me or is this ugly af? id take a k65 or a ducky mini over this any day!

If I could change one thing about the K70, I would make it tenkeyless.

(I would have also bought the Cherry MX Browns, but that was my fault, not the keyboard's)

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

OnePlus One, 64GB Black, Rooted, Oxygen OS 1.0.0
Moto 360, Silver Finish with 22mm Cognac Leather Band, Pascual watchface
iPad with Retina Display (3rd Generation), 16GB, Black, Wifi Only

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650

If I could change one thing about the K70, I would make it tenkeyless.

(I would have also bought the Cherry MX Browns, but that was my fault, not the keyboard's)

Corsair does have ten-keyless version of the K70: the K65. Although it only comes with Red switches.

Corsair does have ten-keyless version of the K70: the K65. Although it only comes with Red switches.

Yeah, but the red backlit K70 was cheaper than the RGB K65, and I wanted Blue switches. Are Red any good? (not that I'm buying a new keyboard at this point)

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650

Yeah, but the red backlit K70 was cheaper than the RGB K65, and I wanted Blue switches. Are Red any good? (not that I'm buying a new keyboard at this point)

Reds are good if you want as smooth as possible and as light/easy as possible to actuate switches. They don't have the bump of browns or click of blues but are very fast to type on (which can be helpful in some games where fast button smashing is required). As always though, switches are a personal preference in the end.

Reds are good if you want as smooth as possible and as light/easy as possible to actuate switches. They don't have the bump of browns or click of blues but are very fast to type on (which can be helpful in some games where fast button smashing is required). As always though, switches are a personal preference in the end.

I'll have to try those out next time I need a new keyboard. I mostly use word processors, but as a veteran touchscreen typer (I used an iPad as my main computer for 2 years, not fun) I find the blues take a bit more force than I'm used to to press down.

I personally like the RGB coloring on keyboards. I remember watching the LTT video on the Corsair K70 RGB @ CES multiple times just to watch the patterns, very cool. 

As for not knowing that Razer uses their own switches, it's printed on the box front in back, you can't miss it. (Yes I know different model)

razer-chroma-review-naga-blackwidow-krak

RGB, yes, but do they use Cherry MX?

Besides, how are Razer's own mechanical switches? Any good?

They're just fine, they just don't have as much travel before actuation...which isn't great for typing

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

they are using switches from kailh and my friend has a razer keyboard that broken in a year. i would forgive razer if they lower the price to what all the other kailh keyboards cost but i think they increased the price

So it's still under waranty. just rma that shit...

i had(and stil have, but dont use) the bwt. well what can i say its a razer keyboard and i wouldnt reccomend it as it feels cheap but whatever i got it as my first mechanical keyboard and my main problem wasnt with the kb itself but w the switches(i ended up not liking blues). 

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

only 10 bucks less than the corsair rgb ? I think they can do better than that they're saving quite a bit on their switches.

AND they use plastic instead aluminium on some parts not sure how much this affects price, but I think it's still cheap

- snip-

Still love my clean CM Storm quickfire. Wish I had the option for RGB and would have rather gotten the blues instead of browns. oh well. 

AND they use plastic instead aluminium on some parts not sure how much this affects price, but I think it's still cheap

Structurally, you usually do not need a very rugged structure: It's a wired keyboard meant to sit on a table, it doesn't needs to be drop proof, it doesn't needs to structurally support anything, etc.

However if I'm paying 130 fucking bucks I expect it to be made of fucking adamantium.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Soon, Razer Blackwidow tournament black league of legends limited edition chroma rgb mlg fps kgb unleashed cmyk. Now with Sherry XM Der and Neerg switches.

Honestly I am not that bothered that it doesnt use cherrymx

I still think this looks really cool :)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Structurally, you usually do not need a very rugged structure: It's a wired keyboard meant to sit on a table, it doesn't needs to be drop proof, it doesn't needs to structurally support anything, etc.

However if I'm paying 130 fucking bucks I expect it to be made of fucking adamantium.

I didn't mean that about the structure, just that they are cutting corners to. Make more profit

- snip-

I didn't mean that about the structure, just that they are cutting corners to. Make more profit

You don't know their profit or how much they are losing. Even xbox is barely turning a profit.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

I dont understand what razer was going for here. If you want to make a tenkeyless, than you need to make it as small as possible. So why the hell did they make a ledge so large on the sides

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

You don't know their profit or how much they are losing. Even xbox is barely turning a profit.

What I was saying is that they are effectively charging the same as competitors who use more expensive (and subjectively better) materials and switch. Also, do you mean the actual xbox itself or the division itself. Because if your talking about the actual xbox, it's not supposed to turn much, if any, profit. The profit is made on game licensing.

- snip-