Experiences with non-techies

I have completely lost faith in my school's ability to maintain anything or even work anything.

I have sent innumerous complaints to the IT department in regards to severe amounts of dust in cases, filters, broken or breaking laptops, broken and low quality peripherals, deleting my stuff selectively, fucking fire safety and being able to access the school staff network.

No replies. They even admit to sweeping shit under the rug and so there's still a lot of shit that needs sorting. Even the teachers ire at how badly handled things are. I have seen teachers trying to connect eHDDs requiring super speed USB ports into normal USB ports, teachers nearly blowing the speakers by not connecting cables properly and by blasting out the speakers whenever there's a problem and other such things.

Some of the things that the teachers do is beyond annoying. What does the school spend money on as opposed to fixing the already fucked up systems? Buying replacements of the exact same shitty Intel core 2 duo laptops that are bulky as fuck. Buying more pentium 4/Athlon 64x desktops that were designed for XP, slightly modified for Vista and made to run Windows 7 - Pirated Windows 7 Enterprise rather and renewing licenses for software that the computers aren't built to run such as various CAD apps and Adobe video editing tools.

It's not fucking funny. It really isn't. The worst part is that I could scream all day til my face is cunting purple about the severity of some of their fuck ups and it would register as "let's masturbate over the pentium 4s that we love using so much - Good thing we spent so little on the PCs so we can spend more on lube because I'm circumcised so can't fap dry".

And our government wants to do such things as teach programming at a younger age yet companies like Civica still exist to provide IT systems to schools.

Ours is Capita, not much better, everything's locked down so much you can't even change the default search engine from bing D:

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

Ours is Capita, not much better, everything's locked down so much you can't even change the default search engine from bing D:

At least it sounds like something twatting works at your school.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

At least it sounds like something twatting works at your school.

The stuff at our school works but barely...there's this one computer in the school that has a loose RAM module (it's one of the aforementioned ones) and since I don't have the key to unlock it I have to bang on it really hard to get it to start.

Wait. How old was the computer?! CMOS batteries can survive for 7 years, at least.

Note the "CAN".

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

The stuff at our school works but barely...there's this one computer in the school that has a loose RAM module (it's one of the aforementioned ones) and since I don't have the key to unlock it I have to bang on it really hard to get it to start.

Dust bunnies in the fan filter and at one point I saw a power supply crackling and sparking. That's a fucking fire hazard right there. Did they ever replace the PSU? No. Of course fucking not.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

Dust bunnies in the fan filter and at one point I saw a power supply crackling and sparking. That's a fucking fire hazard right there. Did they ever replace the PSU? No. Of course fucking not.

One time I opened up a computer and almost slammed the panel shut...there was so much dust in there

They should give the techies at the school disposable gloves so that we don't get our hands all dirty.

One time I opened up a computer and almost slammed the panel shut...there was so much dust in there

They should give the techies at the school disposable gloves so that we don't get our hands all dirty.

There are several PCs in my school whose fans no longer function due to ridiculous amounts of dust.

The day I find a school that cares for and about what computer they get, but also babies them by cleaning them every so many days will be the day I applaud a school...

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

My mom just called my gamecube controllers tv remotes...

Sadly most people would have no idea what a N64 and a gamecube is... Even though I wasn't around during the NES, SNES, etc. I still enjoyed playing them since I have an older friend with them and about four boxes of games. :D

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Sadly most people would have no idea what a N64 and a gamecube is... Even though I wasn't around during the NES, SNES, etc. I still enjoyed playing them since I have an older friend with them and about four boxes of games. :D

I use my PS3 for movies and my GC and PC for games.

I use my PS3 for movies and my GC and PC for games.

I don't have a use for my PS3 anymore... My gamecube finally died (We have another just no TV that will let me use it. The one in my room happens to have only the HDMI ports working.. Almost everything else for connecting stuff died.. How? I have no idea.) and my N64 only has a few games... :/

Spoiler

Spoiler

I don't have a use for my PS3 anymore... My gamecube finally died (We have another just no TV that will let me use it. The one in my room happens to have only the HDMI ports working.. Almost everything else for connecting stuff died.. How? I have no idea.) and my N64 only has a few games... :/

SCART to HDMI adapter. Enjoy your Gamecube, sir.

SCART to HDMI adapter. Enjoy your Gamecube, sir.

Now how am I going to get money as I just spent it all on computer parts..? Hmm...

Spoiler

Spoiler

I would think that she would at least recognize that they weren't remotes due to the fact that my dad referred to them as what they are and that there were 3 grouped together and they are wired. I'm pretty sure she can tell that they are not used to control the television. 

One of my teachers has suggested that we download a number of apps to help us in our study. None of them are available for Android. And a number of them are rather expensive for what they are.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

I have completely lost faith in my school's ability to maintain anything or even work anything.

I have sent innumerous complaints to the IT department in regards to severe amounts of dust in cases, filters, broken or breaking laptops, broken and low quality peripherals, deleting my stuff selectively, fucking fire safety and being able to access the school staff network.

No replies. They even admit to sweeping shit under the rug and so there's still a lot of shit that needs sorting. Even the teachers ire at how badly handled things are. I have seen teachers trying to connect eHDDs requiring super speed USB ports into normal USB ports, teachers nearly blowing the speakers by not connecting cables properly and by blasting out the speakers whenever there's a problem and other such things.

Some of the things that the teachers do is beyond annoying. What does the school spend money on as opposed to fixing the already fucked up systems? Buying replacements of the exact same shitty Intel core 2 duo laptops that are bulky as fuck. Buying more pentium 4/Athlon 64x desktops that were designed for XP, slightly modified for Vista and made to run Windows 7 - Pirated Windows 7 Enterprise rather and renewing licenses for software that the computers aren't built to run such as various CAD apps and Adobe video editing tools.

It's not fucking funny. It really isn't. The worst part is that I could scream all day til my face is cunting purple about the severity of some of their fuck ups and it would register as "let's masturbate over the pentium 4s that we love using so much - Good thing we spent so little on the PCs so we can spend more on lube because I'm circumcised so can't fap dry".

And our government wants to do such things as teach programming at a younger age yet companies like Civica still exist to provide IT systems to schools.

DEER GOD, how has someone not been fired over this type of shit, and who the holy fuck trained the teachers?!

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

http://www.noypigeeks.com/tech-news/report-deped-bought-windows-98-se-computers-php400k/

Oh god, a Pentium IV equipped PC with a price tag of 400,000PHP or 30,000 FREAKING DOLLARS? That's even more than my OVER 9000% powerful and LIGHT YEARS cheaper $6000 custom water cooled PC with i7-5960X and 4-way GTX Titan Z's! (Well, I don't have a PC like that of course, but you get the idea of how corrupted the price of that super duper outdated computer is... :P)

Click here to claim your free Linus plushie.

http://www.noypigeeks.com/tech-news/report-deped-bought-windows-98-se-computers-php400k/

Oh god, a Pentium IV equipped PC with a price tag of 400,000PHP or 30,000 FREAKING DOLLARS? That's even more than my OVER 9000% powerful and LIGHT YEARS cheaper $6000 custom water cooled PC with i7-5960X and 4-way GTX Titan Z's! (Well, I don't have a PC like that of course, but you get the idea of how corrupted the price of that super duper outdated computer is... :P)

Ah this one... Hahahaha... GFDI PH GOV'T!!

One of my teachers has suggested that we download a number of apps to help us in our study. None of them are available for Android. And a number of them are rather expensive for what they are.

Our school has just brought in a system called Firefly (online homework and linked to GApps accounts) and in the letter they said this 'for those of you lucky enough to own an iPhone or iPad you can go to the App Store to download Firefly on your device'.

Sorry? Lucky enough? Sure I wouldn't mind one, but I'd be equally lucky to have a HTC One M8. And AFAIK there isn't an Android version of the app so they assume that the only smartphones are made by Apple...nice try coming into the modern age, but you kinda missed something....

The Sun just published one of the worst articles I have ever read.

It was something about "trolls". It was full of stupid crap such as "could you be sitting next to a troll?" or "as many as one million britons could be trolling".

At one point they said something about a "psychologist and trolling expert". Oh, the absurdity.

Trolling is a waste of time but misguiding people by saying that "cyberbullying" (which I don't acknowledge) and trolling are the same thing just to sell newspapers is beyond retarded.

The Sun just published one of the worst articles I have ever read.

It was something about "trolls". It was full of stupid crap such as "could you be sitting next to a troll?" or "as many as one million britons could be trolling".

At one point they said something about a "psychologist and trolling expert". Oh, the absurdity.

Trolling is a waste of time but misguiding people by saying that "cyberbullying" (which I don't acknowledge) and trolling are the same thing just to sell newspapers is beyond retarded.

Have you read the article about that 63-yearold who wrote abusive messaged about the McCann family? (She's dead which us why there was an article)

Anyway, they mention her as a troll and have a psychologist/trolling expert quoted in that article. How hard is it to know the difference between trolling and cyber bullying?

My school's god awful blocking system has categorized this page as offensive ant tasteless. It must mean that the people who made it are shit w/ tech and very insecure.