Experiences with non-techies

My mom refuses to allow me to install AdBlock even though I constantly tell her that the site she watches her Asian dramas is riddled with ads and viruses, her laptop has an Ivy Bridge i7 for watching videos on an ad-riddled site, and email. While I try to edit videos on a Celeron. Fuck my life.

I got the idea off of Lemony Snicket's 'A Series of Unfortunate Events' books with all the VFD stuff (Verbal Fridge Dialogue, Very Fancy Doilies, Volunteer Fire Department etc).

And never ever forget the Vinegar Flavored Donuts.

I only ever chill on this page: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34813-experiences-with-non-techies/

If you ever spot me anywhere else, you've earned yourself an imaginary cookie  B)

And never ever forget the Vinegar Flavored Donuts.

u w0t m8

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

It Pains me when i see my friends cringing for Clash of Clans hack and other facebook games hack. Ive told them many times that theyre mostly server-sided, explained to the through Non-Techie language but still... Recently my tech savvy friend #2, has some CoC hacks, i told them not to believe it but they insisted. well i tried everything to stop them from giving their phones away. yes, they did gave their phone to Tech Savvy Friend #2... Till now it has not been returned, reason? "The Hack is hard to get it downloading and it only works with certain phones". Believe it or not Tech Savvy Friend #2 dont have any Android or iOS. Oh and the indonesian government curriculum implemented that we go to school in saturday and removed English and IT lessons.

Feels so good to be posting here again, wow 467 Pages. last time im here it was merely 200

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

My brother just tried to say you can get this adapter from Kmart or Walmart... http://www.amazon.com/Silverstone-Tek-Internal-Adapter-G11303050-RT/dp/B0098FSJ92

What kind of Grocery store sells computer parts?

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

My brother just tried to say you can get this adapter from Kmart or Walmart... http://www.amazon.com/Silverstone-Tek-Internal-Adapter-G11303050-RT/dp/B0098FSJ92

I've seen some on Walmart's website.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I've seen some on Walmart's website.

He meant actually going to the store and checking... Our Walmart has like nothing..

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

He meant actually going to the store and checking... Our Walmart has like nothing..

Oh. In that case, -_-

Lots of them. (depending on what you mean)

Small(ish) supermarket (mom and pop store, kwikEmart et all type for our leftpondian cousins) near where my mum lived was mainly a bread/milk type store with couple of shelfs of tins of soup/veg etc also had various cables (USB to miniUSB etc) on sale. and LOTS (strangely) of mobile phone cases.

Didn't have MBs, processors, graphics cards etc if that is what you meant by "computer parts".

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

Lots of them. (depending on what you mean)

Small(ish) supermarket (mom and pop store, kwikEmart et all type for our leftpondian cousins) near where my mum lived was mainly a bread/milk type store with couple of shelfs of tins of soup/veg etc also had various cables (USB to miniUSB etc) on sale. and LOTS (strangely) of mobile phone cases.

Didn't have MBs, processors, graphics cards etc if that is what you meant by "computer parts".

I meant GPUs, CPUs, Motherboards, and/or adapters (Molex adapter for an example)

Spoiler

Spoiler

Another one. Has probably been posted before, but here we go.

Insert Disk 1.

Ok *inserts disk 1*

Insert Disk 2.

Ok *inserts disk 2*

Insert Disk 3*

"I can't fit the third one in here!" 

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Another one. Has probably been posted before, but here we go.

Insert Disk 1.

Ok *inserts disk 1*

Insert Disk 2.

Ok *inserts disk 2*

Insert Disk 3*

"I can't fit the third one in here!" 

I don't understand.... Did you by any chance mean insert disk 1 at the end? Since otherwise it doesn't make sense.

A guy in chat claimed to be "very skilled with PC's" After he claimed this, this is what he said: 

post-18844-0-58259000-1407541952.png

post-18844-0-58259000-1407541952.png

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

one of our work pcs had a noisy 120mm fan that needed to be replaced.

I gave the fan to the tech to go get a new one and he came back with 1 x 140mm fan and 1x 92mm fan :blink: I mean come on I gave you the fan to match it up.

then my bosses reply was must be an old fan type might just buy a whole new pc.

they never listen to me its like talking to brick walls

I don't understand.... Did you by any chance mean insert disk 1 at the end? Since otherwise it doesn't make sense.

The non-techie would mash multiple floppy disks into the drive. He/she would fit one below the first one, but the third one wouldn't fit.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

The non-techie would mash multiple floppy disks into the drive. He/she would fit one below the first one, but the third one wouldn't fit.

Oh! I get it. That makes sense. Yet again it's my fault for misreading the post :D

I gave the fan to the tech to go get a new one and he came back with 1 x 140mm fan and 1x 92mm fan :blink: I mean come on I gave you the fan to match it up.

Then they won't get hurt when they get punched :P

Seriously though how do you manage to survive being around someone that is meant to be a techie yet is such an idiot...

"Must be an old fan type"

120mm fans are /the/ most common fans in existence for chassis fans and cpu coolers. Wow..I fail to grasp how a complete idiot can be in charge of anything to earn the title of "boss" without having some sort of grasp of anything...I guess the same goes for the "tech". Come on, even a kindergarten student could tell the basic differences between sizes and would be able to do a simple match game.

"Must be an old fan type"

120mm fans are /the/ most common fans in existence for chassis fans and cpu coolers. Wow..I fail to grasp how a complete idiot can be in charge of anything to earn the title of "boss" without having some sort of grasp of anything...I guess the same goes for the "tech". Come on, even a kindergarten student could tell the basic differences between sizes and would be able to do a simple match game.

Im fairly sure he is actually retarded and not just saying that ive asked people if he is mentally retarded and I get the answer "im not sure"

In a recent movie (not sure which one) a guy says he pulled the hard drive from the computer and he's standing there holding an optical disc drive.

Hard drives have been around as long as VCR's. Shouldn't people understand wtf a hard drive is and what it does by now?! :angry:

i7-3770K @ 4.5GHz, ASRock Z77 Extreme4, G.Skill Sniper 8GB DDR3 1866 @ CL9, ASUS GTX 780, CM HAF XM, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB, WD Black 1TB x 2, EVGA SuperNOVA G2 850W, BenQ XL2420TE 24" 144Hz @ 1080p, CM Nepton 280L, Noctua Industrial IP67 2000RPM 140mm PWM Fan x 6

Im fairly sure he is actually retarded and not just saying that ive asked people if he is mentally retarded and I get the answer "im not sure"

THEN HOW THE FRACK IS HE THE BOSS??

A guy in chat claimed to be "very skilled with PC's" After he claimed this, this is what he said: 

Wasting his money playing Minecraft, eh?

Wasting his money playing Minecraft, eh?

Yup haha, And, He said he got over 2000 FPS in a server with his 760. How about that. 

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Yup haha, And, He said he got over 2000 FPS in a server with his 760. How about that. 

What a fag.

so this one time I was hanging out with my friend who is the manager at a tech shop by where I live and a girl comes in and buys a 2tb hard drive. we let her know that we install hard drives for $1 (the cost of the sata cable we use) and she says "just because I am a woman does not mean I cant work on computers" and leaves in a huff. two days later she comes back in saying that the HDD is not working so we take the computer in to look at it, we open it and the HDD is nowhere to be seen, so we ask her where it is. and it turns out that she scanned it and put the scanned image on her desktop to install the drive. and to top that off she threw away the drive she paid almost $200 for and she wanted us to give her a new one.

Haha legit lol'd