Experiences with non-techies

That is:

A. Illegal 

B. Unsafe

C. AND INCREDIBLY STUPID.

I'm really surprised a fire didn't break out and I promptly rewired the whole room.

Insert Sarcasm / Raging / Bragging / Inspirational Crap Here.

I suppose, long story short, one day, my professor said she was having "computer issues" so she called for help.

The issue? She forgot to turn the computer on.

The amount of times i've had to look at an issue and the problem is something hasn't been turned on  :angry:

this is sad

On the other hand, what does your country's most popular browser?

how is antaetica firefox? wouldn't the penguins perfer superbird?

Nothing to see here, move along

That is:

A. Illegal 

B. Unsafe

C. AND INCREDIBLY STUPID.

not illegal, maybe against policy, but B and C are right on the money.

Nothing to see here, move along

Aged office ladies in my former workplace kept calling us for IT help. Even when it comes to backing up data into their external HDDs.  :rolleyes:

i7-6700K | MSI Z170A Gaming M5 | COOLER MASTER Hyper 212X | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 2600MHz 8GB (4GBx2 kit) | MSI GeForce GTX 970 | FSP Aurum S 600W

Wordpress

not illegal, maybe against policy, but B and C are right on the money.

It is for me here in Indiana. So, I dunno. It's still the other two.

-snipperoo-

You're in Indiana too?

Pentium G3258, R9 280X, Corsair CS600M, Gigabyte GA-H81M-H, 2 Random monitors, a no-name keyboard, a cheap $15 Logitech mouse.

LG G3 Vigor

I suppose, long story short, one day, my professor said she was having "computer issues" so she called for help.

The issue? She forgot to turn the computer on.

Nailed it

CAD doesn't really NEED a good GPU (though having one certainly helps) but it does need an amazing CPU if your model has more than 100 simple parts or only a few complicated parts unless you want to spend more time waiting for the computer to load a view change than actually modeling.

On this note, the tech guys at my school think that the engineering computers: 6-7 year old Dells running on Core 2 Duos with 4GB of RAM and are clogged with enough dust that you could make a tennis ball just by compressing the dust into a ball from ONE COMPUTER (so they are undoubtedly throttling) are quote "good enough for CAD"

I'm not positive what GPU they have, I think they use 7600GTs but I may not be remembering correctly.

im work as an IT intern at an highschool/college (does not have an english name) and we use all the versions of cad for electrical construction and stuff and they got computer that still have intel pentium e2160 and integrated gpu has been used in a woodworkshop so its full of shit and is a miracle that they are working and still they wont buy new computers because they still "work" remind you that IT here cant say anything to the ppl who buy these computers so here in IT we are destined to fix shitty old Dell optiplex 755,760,765 for eternity altough they did buy 5 new computers which had top of the line i7 and nvidia Quadros and 16gig of ram which is way too overkill for cad >.<

You're in Indiana too?

Yup

Wait.... Isn't lube conductive? Or is it not?

I think it is conductive

im work as an IT intern at an highschool/college (does not have an english name) and we use all the versions of cad for electrical construction and stuff and they got computer that still have intel pentium e2160 and integrated gpu has been used in a woodworkshop so its full of shit and is a miracle that they are working and still they wont buy new computers because they still "work" remind you that IT here cant say anything to the ppl who buy these computers so here in IT we are destined to fix shitty old Dell optiplex 755,760,765 for eternity altough they did buy 5 new computers which had top of the line i7 and nvidia Quadros and 16gig of ram which is way too overkill for cad >.<

The ones that we have are also in the woodshop but it seems like every month now another one dies. So they keep replacing them with even crappier ones that they have in storage.

When I recommended they get new computers I offered to build them (these ones were just the general use computers running pentium 4s, not CAD computers). Because they weren't going to be used for much I put a Haswell i3 on the parts list but said if they want to upgrade to an i5 they could. 

When one of my teachers ran it through administration, who know even less than our IT guys, they said that they wanted an i5 and turned me down strictly for that reason. Did I not say they could get an i5?

They ended up getting prebuilts from Asus with Sandy Bridge i5s with GT610s and no cooling fans. These computers are used in a room with no AC where all the heat is being vented through the power supply... I am waiting for one to explode at which time I will not hesitate to say "I told you so"

I've built 3 PC's, but none for myself... In fact, I'm using an iMac that my dad bought for me as my desktop. Awkward...

Please don't say "SSD drive." By doing so, you are literally saying "Solid State Drive Drive" and causing my brain cells to commit suicide. The same applies to HDD (Hard Disk Drive) and PCIe (Peripheral Component Interconnect Express).

It's been a long time since I posted here. 

Anyways When you don't have money but you have the power of imagination

post-89070-0-45770900-1431347900.jpg

#onlyinPH

closer look inside

post-89070-0-08461300-1431347927.jpg

it's a water jug/dispenser for those who don't know what it is. FWP

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

snip

Mother-of-god-meme.jpg

Dafuq did I just see?

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

attachicon.gifOnlyInPH.jpg

#onlyinPH

closer look inside

attachicon.gifOnlyInPH-InsideLook.jpg

Glorius.

Pentium G3258, R9 280X, Corsair CS600M, Gigabyte GA-H81M-H, 2 Random monitors, a no-name keyboard, a cheap $15 Logitech mouse.

LG G3 Vigor

The ones that we have are also in the woodshop but it seems like every month now another one dies. So they keep replacing them with even crappier ones that they have in storage.

When I recommended they get new computers I offered to build them (these ones were just the general use computers running pentium 4s, not CAD computers). Because they weren't going to be used for much I put a Haswell i3 on the parts list but said if they want to upgrade to an i5 they could. 

When one of my teachers ran it through administration, who know even less than our IT guys, they said that they wanted an i5 and turned me down strictly for that reason. Did I not say they could get an i5?

They ended up getting prebuilts from Asus with Sandy Bridge i5s with GT610s and no cooling fans. These computers are used in a room with no AC where all the heat is being vented through the power supply... I am waiting for one to explode at which time I will not hesitate to say "I told you so"

sound almost too familiar >.<. the amount of tech illitirate ppl you have to deal whit on an IT job especially when it at school thank god im only intern here what makes this even worse is i dont get paid for this job cause its for my school we had to get work experience cause im learning to be an ict engineer thankfully i only have 3 weeks to go yey

Well, my friend has been influenced by me to build a PC. He didn't tell me that and directly he rushed to buy the parts without me knowing, well there's a bad news..... He bought Intel Core i7-4790K and paired it with AM3+ Motherboard...... He was wondering why it didn't fit.... What a bad day......

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

Well, my friend has been influenced by me to build a PC. He didn't tell me that and directly he rushed to buy the parts without me knowing, well there's a bad news..... He bought Intel Core i7-4790K and paired it with AM3+ Motherboard...... He was wondering why it didn't fit.... What a bad day......

He was wondering why it didn't fit because he tried to fit it in? :o

What a way to either destroy a motherboard, a CPU or both!

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

He hasn't known that..... He went to me and I was like "Wat???".

PC Specs

Indonesia

Australia 

5709bb80f6c55461736e7446265a506c5b7a4b3a

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

snip

Somewhere in between?????

PC Specs

Indonesia

Australia 

None of them were probably affected. Intel CPUs have contact pads, while AMD sockets have holes for the pins. Nothing to hit the contacts, nothing to go in the socket.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

attachicon.gifOnlyInPH.jpg

#onlyinPH

closer look inside

attachicon.gifOnlyInPH-InsideLook.jpg

post-153476-0-72566300-1431348754.gif

CPU Intel Core i7-5930K @ 3.5 GHz Motherboard Asus X99 Deluxe RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @ 2800MHz GPU 2 x Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming (SLI)

Case Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 (Gray) Storage 2 x 1TB 850 Pro, 2 x 4TB WD Black PSU Corsair AX1500i (1500W) Display Asus PG348Q Ultrawide - G-Sync

Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H100i Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma Mouse Razer Mamba Sound Logitech G633 Operating System Windows 10

I agree... I'm going to be 14 this month, and all my friends will be seniors when I go to highschool. :( I can't stand 90% of the people in my school at my age level. :/

My school life in a nutshell. Only the last 2 years of high school were bearable because they started closing the mental gap. That is not to say I didn't have my own maturity problems (don't we all?) but MAN, I got to wonder if conversation subjects could even GET more braindead.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

2 Years Ago, I told my friend who was planning to build a computer that a 750Ti was good. At that time, I wasn't as knowledgeable as I am about tech today. The next day, I told him not to buy the 750Ti because I had researched on it and he was like nope already bought it. Hes also knowledgeable about tech (Though not researching and just buying stuff)(Is that counted knowledgeable?)

And then he goes around buying SSDs during school break time.

Now (by now I mean a few weeks ago), he asks me for my opinions and then decides not to listen to them. A few days ago:

This is the exact chat, Not paraphrasing

Him: I need

Him: wireless

Him: Mouse

Me: Logitech mx master OP

Him: Logitech skrub

Him: Peasant

Me: Please

Me: A lot of people say that its good

Me: Its a good office mouse okay

Him: Nah m8

Him: More like

Him: for teh weak

Me: Can you at least check it out

Him: No

Me: Fine, then you find your own stuff

-Blocks him-

Pfft.

Quote me if you want me to see your message. Like my post if it helped. Click "Show More" to see things that I use.

Desktop (2014): CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k @ 3.50GHz | GPU: MSi GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Motherboard: MSi Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x4GB G.Skill RipJaws X 1600MHz + 2x4GB HyperX Black 1600MHz | SSD: Samsung 750 Evo 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212x | PSU: Corsair VS650 | Case: Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus | OS: Windows 10 Home

Laptop (2017): Model: Asus UX310U

Peripherals: Monitor: Samsung S24D300 OC@75Hz + Viewsonic XG2401 (144Hz) | Mouse: Logitech G305 | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2 | Headset: HyperX Cloud Core | Speakers: Logitech Z333 | Additional: Logitech G29

Mobiles: Samsung Pixon (2010-2012) | Samsung Galaxy Ace (2012-2013) | Samsung Galaxy S3 (2013-2016) | Samsung Note 4 (2015)(Lost) | Samsung Galaxy S7 (2016-2019) | Samsung Galaxy S10 (2019 - Current) | Additional: ASUS Zenwatch 2 (2016)