Experiences with non-techies

Just had a call in work that a woman couldn't access the domain because she was locked out..

I unlocked her account and reset her password, and she still got it wrong 3 times.

So I changed it the password again and she still couldn't log in, she got he colleague to type the password and they successfully logged in! haha

I felt sorry for her though :P

I'm going to put a link to my PC specs which actually aren't my PC specs and I cry myself to sleep everyday so I can have these PC specs but I can't afford these PC specs so PC specs PC specs PC specs PC specs PC specs PC specs.

-snip-

How did she do that ?

I can imagine you behind the PC changing the password like :D

Cas-shake-head.gif

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

-cut cut cut snip snip snip-

I know, I had a colleague that thought someone played a prank on her and changed around the keys on the Keyboard! haha

I'm going to put a link to my PC specs which actually aren't my PC specs and I cry myself to sleep everyday so I can have these PC specs but I can't afford these PC specs so PC specs PC specs PC specs PC specs PC specs PC specs.

I know, I had a colleague that thought someone played a prank on her and changed around the keys on the Keyboard! haha

I want to change the keys to ABCD order and then make the layout DVORAK.

Pentium G3258, R9 280X, Corsair CS600M, Gigabyte GA-H81M-H, 2 Random monitors, a no-name keyboard, a cheap $15 Logitech mouse.

LG G3 Vigor

I want to change the keys to ABCD order and then make the layout DVORAK.

The funniest prank so far on the desk, rip a bit of the sticky part of a sticky note and put it under a laser mouse... The reaction is just so funny...

The funniest prank so far on the desk, rip a bit of the sticky part of a sticky note and put it under a laser mouse... The reaction is just so funny...

Or set their background to a blue screen and kill explorer.exe

Pentium G3258, R9 280X, Corsair CS600M, Gigabyte GA-H81M-H, 2 Random monitors, a no-name keyboard, a cheap $15 Logitech mouse.

LG G3 Vigor

Draw a little trollface on there while you're at it. :)

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

My friend who calls himself a techie does the following:

Thinks ram is used as storage before the hdd accesses it.. :P

Thinks the razer blade is blah because he mindlessly hates on razer just because Linus once ranted about the new peripherals.

Thinks his cpu isn't overheating when it's running @ 73C.. In the bios...

Also used vassaline as thermal compound. P

Not entirely false if there's information waiting to get written to the HDD, but still

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

I was looking at a GTX 980 Windforce while on break in construction and this guy sees my iPad.

Him: Is that a razor blade or something?

Me: What? What kind of razors do you use?

Him: What is that then.

Me: It's a graphics card.

Him and about 4 other people who over heard the conversation: What is a graphics card?

I explained to the best if my ability. One guy jokingly called me a nerd.

Funny thing is, that guy plans on becoming a construction engineer which relies on CAD for a large majority of the work.

CAD requires a decent GPU.

I told him this and he says "So it's for computers of something? Why would I need that my laptop will work."

I looked at his shitty iMac from 2002 and just ignored him.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

I was looking at a GTX 980 Windforce while on break in construction and this guy sees my iPad.

Him: Is that a razor blade or something?

Me: What? What kind of razors do you use?

Him: What is that then.

Me: It's a graphics card.

Him and about 4 other people who over heard the conversation: What is a graphics card?

I explained to the best if my ability. One guy jokingly called me a nerd.

Funny thing is, that guy plans on becoming a construction engineer which relies on CAD for a large majority of the work.

CAD requires a decent GPU.

I told him this and he says "So it's for computers of something? Why would I need that my laptop will work."

I looked at his shitty iMac from 2002 and just ignored him.

CAD doesn't really NEED a good GPU (though having one certainly helps) but it does need an amazing CPU if your model has more than 100 simple parts or only a few complicated parts unless you want to spend more time waiting for the computer to load a view change than actually modeling.

On this note, the tech guys at my school think that the engineering computers: 6-7 year old Dells running on Core 2 Duos with 4GB of RAM and are clogged with enough dust that you could make a tennis ball just by compressing the dust into a ball from ONE COMPUTER (so they are undoubtedly throttling) are quote "good enough for CAD"

I'm not positive what GPU they have, I think they use 7600GTs but I may not be remembering correctly.

I've built 3 PC's, but none for myself... In fact, I'm using an iMac that my dad bought for me as my desktop. Awkward...

Please don't say "SSD drive." By doing so, you are literally saying "Solid State Drive Drive" and causing my brain cells to commit suicide. The same applies to HDD (Hard Disk Drive) and PCIe (Peripheral Component Interconnect Express).

Yes, but you're looking at a multiple time decrease in performance for the lower-power i7s.\

Hyperthreading does help but that only makes up some of the difference.

Generally people buying mac minis for these purposes aren't going to care :lol:

As I said, it's the consumer mind. OSX is just a lot nicer to do video editing in

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

Hyperthreading won't make up for dual core when rendering.

OSX looking better than Windows is subjective. Windows is (especially 10) starting to look more modern.

See this analogy I made before commenting:

Just like getting a GTR 35 (v6 engine) compared to a HSV Maloo which sports the bigger v8. People pay more for the GTR because it looks 'better' to them, they dont care about the sacrifice to horses

They Dont care about the sacrifice in power. I would, but a consumer wouldnt.

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

even google is a grammarnazi

how-can-u-get-herpes.jpg

That's because the people starting their sentence with 'how can u' are probably less educated than the people starting with 'how can an individual', and the less educated ones will probably search for irrelevant, stupid things.

My sister broke her iPhone, again, and was forced to use my old Droid Razr M. She complained to me that it was "too complicated" as it was running Android. You have no idea how frustrated I was. Well, you probably do have an idea how frustrated I was.

CPU: Intel Core i3-4150 3.5GHz | Motherboard: MSI B85-G41 PC MATE | GPU: MSI R9 270x | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 | RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury Red | Storage: ADATA SP600 128GB / WD Blue 1TB | PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ | Monitor: Acer S220HQL Abd 21.5" | Audio: Logitech Z213 Speakers | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma | PCPartPicker Link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/v8FNmG

So say we all. I'm fourteen, doing the build in my siggy very slowly, get the same thing all the fucking time. Kids are underrated. We do great things daily. As underdeveloped as we are, we still can out think every other species on this planet. You'd think the adults would learn from when they were kids. Although, in the adults DEFENSE, if we think of them as kids who have been around longer, isn't it time they got their opinions heard, not just ignored like when they were our age? Maybe we need to all just need to disregard age completely, in terms of intelligence. Kids are just little adults and adults are just old kids. Sometimes someone who does not match your age group will know more than you. I do hate being ignored because of age though.

Disregard age? I think you'll realize when you get older. (Not saying I'm that old) Kids are often immature and their opinions are very biased and often refuse to listen to others. "The more you know, the more you start realizing you actually don't know anything at all"

Disregard age? I think you'll realize when you get older. (Not saying I'm that old) Kids are often immature and their opinions are very biased and often refuse to listen to others. "The more you know, the more you start realizing you actually don't know anything at all"

I agree... I'm going to be 14 this month, and all my friends will be seniors when I go to highschool. :( I can't stand 90% of the people in my school at my age level. :/

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

My mom complained that the printer wasn't working the other day, and when I went to have a look at it, the thing was unplugged.

Useful threads: Code of Conduct || Unofficial LTT Beginners Guide || Forum FAQ

CPU: Intel Core i5 4440 GPU: GTX 760 MOBO: Asrock Z97 Anniversary RAM: 8GB Adata @ 1600 Mhz Case: Define R4 SSD: Kingston V300 128 GB

HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda NAS: 3TB Seagate Barracudas in RAID 1 PSU: EVGA 600B (600W 80+ Bronze) Display: LG 23MP75 (1080p IPS @ 60hz) 

I believe that age and maturity are two very different things that should always be considered independent of each other.

I believe that age and maturity are two very different things that should always be considered independent of each other.

Exactly, I'm 16 and have the maturity of a 7 year old.

My sister broke her iPhone, again, and was forced to use my old Droid Razr M. She complained to me that it was "too complicated" as it was running Android. You have no idea how frustrated I was. Well, you probably do have an idea how frustrated I was.

I've had a guy say that to me before about my G S5

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

I agree... I'm going to be 14 this month, and all my friends will be seniors when I go to highschool. :( I can't stand 90% of the people in my school at my age level. :/

This is all too true.  I'm the same age as you and I'm not even joking that easily 75%+ of the kids in my school hail Beats as their god and worship Apple.  One kid in my Algebra class has a macbook air she spent about $2000 on with obviously shitty specs.  She went as far as to put a nice big beats logo sticker smack dab on the apple, and then the rest of the laptop is plastered with vineyard vines stickers (or whatever that clothing brand that everyone seems to swear by is called)

On a side note, when is your bday?  I'm the 15th.

My life is consumed by CS:GO, even though I'm not exceptionally good at it.

CPU: AMD A10-5800K | GPU: Gigabyte R9 270 2GB | RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz HyperX Blu | Storage: 120GB Samsung 850 EVO + 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Chassis: NZXT H230 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-HD3 | PSU: Corsair CX500 500W | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 EVO | OS: Windows 10
In order of priority: GTX 970 Strix, 2 good 1080p monitors, i5 4690k, MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150, a job

This is all too true.  I'm the same age as you and I'm not even joking that easily 75%+ of the kids in my school hail Beats as their god and worship Apple.  One kid in my Algebra class has a macbook air she spent about $2000 on with obviously shitty specs.  She went as far as to put a nice big beats logo sticker smack dab on the apple, and then the rest of the laptop is plastered with vineyard vines stickers (or whatever that clothing brand that everyone seems to swear by is called)

On a side note, when is your bday?  I'm the 15th.

Same here. :D One person here has Beats Studios, and the rest have Beats knock offs... Along with everyone using a iPod or iPhone... Then I pull out my M7 and they're all like, "Is that an iPhone?," "The company that made your phone copied the iPhone 6." The M7 was early 5S days...

My birthday is on the 28th. My dad's is on the 16th. :P

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Same here. :D One person here has Beats Studios, and the rest have Beats knock offs... Along with everyone using a iPod or iPhone... Then I pull out my M7 and they're all like, "Is that an iPhone?," "The company that made your phone copied the iPhone 6." The M7 was early 5S days...

My birthday is on the 28th. My dad's is on the 16th. :P

Oh god, that's terrible.  I know that my irl friend got a Pebble earlier last year, and has a carbon fiber skin on it.  People keep asking if it's the apple watch.

My life is consumed by CS:GO, even though I'm not exceptionally good at it.

CPU: AMD A10-5800K | GPU: Gigabyte R9 270 2GB | RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz HyperX Blu | Storage: 120GB Samsung 850 EVO + 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Chassis: NZXT H230 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-HD3 | PSU: Corsair CX500 500W | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 EVO | OS: Windows 10
In order of priority: GTX 970 Strix, 2 good 1080p monitors, i5 4690k, MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150, a job

CAD doesn't really NEED a good GPU (though having one certainly helps) but it does need an amazing CPU if your model has more than 100 simple parts or only a few complicated parts unless you want to spend more time waiting for the computer to load a view change than actually modeling.

On this note, the tech guys at my school think that the engineering computers: 6-7 year old Dells running on Core 2 Duos with 4GB of RAM and are clogged with enough dust that you could make a tennis ball just by compressing the dust into a ball from ONE COMPUTER (so they are undoubtedly throttling) are quote "good enough for CAD"

I'm not positive what GPU they have, I think they use 7600GTs but I may not be remembering correctly.

I said decent, not good. :P

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

I'm the only one in my house who honestly understands computers. So, ususally everyday I get "Jacob can you come and check the computer? I don't think it's working right!" But I do get access to the Wi-Fi for doing this, so it's a win win.