Paranoia Gone Wrong: Intel, Nvidia, and Others Barred From Selling to China

China should have tech company startups that rival Intel/AMD/Nvidia/IBM xD

It takes more than money and raw moxy to rival the very best technology research and production companies in the world. It takes time to build such a legacy. Tesla took time. Virgin is still taking time but is growing. IBM and Intel did not simply spring to the forefront overnight. It took IBM 2 decades and took Intel 15 years and both of them hundreds of billions of dollars.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

In before Intel and Nvidia pack their shit and move out.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

In before Intel and Nvidia pack their shit and move out.

Where do you think your tax dollars will go? To make up the difference in revenues to keep them here obviously  ;)

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Yeah, but it's not the US' job to "fix" what they don't like.

Do you even realize what you are saying. 

What you literally just said was it's not our responsibility to stop human rights violations.

"Oh, this country's population is starving? Fuck 'em, not our problem."

"Oh this country has a facist regime controlling the masses, pumping incalculable amounts of toxins into the air and water straight into their peoples front yards? Fuck em, not our problem."

"Oh thi country is literally oppressing it's people to the point of slaughtering hundreds of unarmed civilians with literal tanks? Not our problem, fuck 'em."

It's a fucking attitude like that, which allowed people like HITLER to come to power; a shear unwillingness to stop what you see is obvious wrong and horrible in the world, but being completely complacent while watching countless people die of starvation and disease, being oppressed to the point of not being able to watch foreign media. I'm not saying China is going to suddenly sprout a hitler out of the blue, but if you simply allow people in power to abuse, kill, and destroy tens of millions of lives, then you are no better than they themselves.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

This pissing contest is idiotic and really shows how infantile both countries are. On top of that it also shows how out of touch the American movers and shakers are with reality. 50 years ago these sorts of embargoes had teeth. Not any more. Where do AMD and NVidia, both fabless, get their chips made? TSMC. The largest third party chipmaker in the world. Does anyone remember what the T stands for? Yep. Taiwan. You know, the Chinese "protectorate" just off the coast of China. So yeah, don't "sell" to the very people that are making the chips. Guess where several Intel fabs are? Yep. There too. Indonesia is close by as well.

It's a joke. Told by clowns.

Sir William of Orange: Corsair 230T - Rebel Orange, 4690K, GA-97X SOC, 16gb Dom Plats 1866C9,  2 MX100 256gb, Seagate 2tb Desktop, EVGA Supernova 750-G2, Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3, DK 9008 keyboard, Pioneer BR drive. Yeah, on board graphics - deal with it!

This pissing contest is idiotic and really shows how infantile both countries are. On top of that it also shows how out of touch the American movers and shakers are with reality. 50 years ago these sorts of embargoes had teeth. Not any more. Where do AMD and NVidia, both fabless, get their chips made? TSMC. The largest third party chipmaker in the world. Does anyone remember what the T stands for? Yep. Taiwan. You know, the Chinese "protectorate" just off the coast of China. So yeah, don't "sell" to the very people that are making the chips. Guess where several Intel fabs are? Yep. There too. Indonesia is close by as well.

It's a joke. Told by clowns.

The US government got rid of their department that helped them with technological matters, which is why they are effectively going back to the stone age with their decisions. Which TBH are utterly ridiculous. China can easily source CPU's and GPU's from countries outside of the US. They don't need them shipped directly from Intel, Nvidia and AMD. Because if they go to distributors who aren't actually part of Intel, Nvidia and AMD, the US government can't do shit.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I think this says a lot about amd...

Aim high, hit low. - Oliver Guy (Me)

If you can't make it good, at least make it look good. - Bill Gates

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and im not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein

Lol, they can just sell it to another company in an asian country who will sell it to the chinease companies. Do you honestly think corporations weren't gonna find a way around it?

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

Do you even realize what you are saying. 

What you literally just said was it's not our responsibility to stop human rights violations.

"Oh, this country's population is starving? Fuck 'em, not our problem."

"Oh this country has a facist regime controlling the masses, pumping incalculable amounts of toxins into the air and water straight into their peoples front yards? Fuck em, not our problem."

"Oh thi country is literally oppressing it's people to the point of slaughtering hundreds of unarmed civilians with literal tanks? Not our problem, fuck 'em."

It's a fucking attitude like that, which allowed people like HITLER to come to power; a shear unwillingness to stop what you see is obvious wrong and horrible in the world, but being completely complacent while watching countless people die of starvation and disease, being oppressed to the point of not being able to watch foreign media. I'm not saying China is going to suddenly sprout a hitler out of the blue, but if you simply allow people in power to abuse, kill, and destroy tens of millions of lives, then you are no better than they themselves.

This is the attitude that causes a loooot of problems. Because then this country will think it's the world police. And want to "solve" everything they don't like whether or not it is actually bad or good. Stay the fuck out of someone else's country unless they ask for your help.

And in the case of Hitler, know why he came to power before shouting your mouth, because it's countries like this that created him.

What!? Someone wants to be better them Mighty 'Murica?! Embargo!

I'm  going to be watching 'Team America: World Police' tomorrow, its very appropriate after this thread.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I used to love the US. That love is starting to fade away more and more... This makes me really pissed.

America is loosing it's grip on being the most important country. This is nothing new, most things America does today is to try and maintain it's dominance. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I recently read a article about the US stopping intel exporting 80,000 Intel Xeon chips to upgrade the chinese Tianhe supercomputer due to the fact that they belive it could be used for nuclier reaserch. 

I not sure how much of this fall under tech of politics, but i know for sure that chinese are not going to be happy. The picture below is the Tianhe-2 supercomputer and in its current state it manages 33.86 petaflop/s.

post-65721-0-03270900-1428936143.png

I think it is in the interests of us national security, but at the same time this is a massive deal for intel and it denying it a massive income!

Intel has also recently signed a deal worth $200 million with the US government to build a new supercomputer for one of the country's national laboratories so it could be seen as intel selling technically 'weapons' to both sides.

post-65721-0-14777000-1428936452.jpg

The Tianhe-2 is currently one of the biggest supercomputers in the world and this is before the upgrade!

What do you think?

The original articles:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-32247532

http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/systems/us_block_intel_s_china_supercomputer_update/1

2 Words. HOLY SHIT

Imagine mining bitcoins with that......

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

- Cave Johnson, founder and CEO of Aperture Science, in Portal 2

fucking stupid from the us.

these days anything can be used to do nuclear research...china has nukes so stop being so hypocritical..

soon china is going to step into the market and leave intel without a deal like that one

2 Words. HOLY SHIT

Imagine mining bitcoins with that......

wouldnt be that good considering these are CPU's and not ASIC's

Dis. CPU's just don't do a good job at BC mining.

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

I'm not going to say much on this, other than this being massively hypocritical from the US.

"Oi don't spend money on something that may be used to further any militarization! That money could be spent better elsewhere" -From the country with massive military over-expenditure.

Dis. CPU's just don't do a good job at BC mining.

I know, but it will be better than any array of ASIC cards around now. If you have 80,000 18 core Xeons, it wouldn't be to shaby. Just with the shipment that was denied, they would have almost 1.5 million cores that are optimised for that sort of workload. That would go at mighty fast clip on its own, but add in the rest of the computer and you will be flying

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

- Cave Johnson, founder and CEO of Aperture Science, in Portal 2

Hey it is the US vs China vs everybody vs everybody.  If you don't have one agreed upon, sensible objective that is beneficial for the entire world this is what you end up with. Grats to the US for slowing down progress. However when it is financially beneficial and politically ok for them to continue building that super computer China will get what it needs.  The world is ****.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

but they have coprocessors in them which are excellent for mining

i5-4690k @ 4.2GHz | Asus Radeon R9 290 DirectCU II | Hyper 212 EVO | ASRock Z97 Extreme3 | Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866MHz, Corsair XMS 4GB | 850 EVO 250GB, random 1TB drive | Corsair 200R | EVGA SuperNOVA 750W | Rosewill RK-9000BR | Logitech G700s | Logitech G930 | ViewSonic VG2427wm, Dell S2209W, Dell S2009W

Dell Inspiron 3147

Latitude E5420, Samsung 840 EVO 250gb, 12gb RAM, 1600x900 display

Pentium G3258 @ 3.2GHz | WD Red 2TB x3 in RAID-Z, Crucial MX100 128GB(cache drive) | Fractal Design Node 304 | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB | EVGA 500B

HTC One M8 64GB, Droid Razr M

How many times are we going to have to see reposts of this?

This is seriously, like the third or fourth one now.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs