Paranoia Gone Wrong: Intel, Nvidia, and Others Barred From Selling to China

Where are the republicans/the 1% of the 1% coming to defend the companies because this hurts 'capitalism'?

Politics is nothing but a game of lies. I'm getting f*cking tired of it.

*goes to play watch doges*

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

Heh, even the US government who are totally tech illiterate know AMD cpus are a joke right now

i think its because the tech illiterate US government forgot amd exists

i think its because the tech illiterate US government forgot amd exists

Can't be that. They made sure to ban the sales of W9100 and S9150 FirePro cards.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Can't be that. They made sure to ban the sales of W9100 and S9150 FirePro cards.

It's a subtle way of telling AMD that their current CPU's suck.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Meh, fuck China. They do horrible things over there.

As fucked up as our government may be, China is still a fucked up horrible country by comparison.

http://www.hrw.org/world-report/2014/country-chapters/china

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I thought some of china's supercomputers where already using some custom Chinese deigned cpu's.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Meh, fuck China. They do horrible things over there.

As fucked up as our government may be, China is still a fucked up horrible country by comparison.

http://www.hrw.org/world-report/2014/country-chapters/china

Yeah, despite the fact this does nothing but hurt innovation and our own economy in the long run...

In the words of ultra right-wing economist and former advisor to Ronald Reagan, Arthur Laffer "Using trade embargo as a weapon only leads to damaging economies. It does nothing to change brutal regimes." And in the words of all liberals who opposed the Iraq War: "Freedom and democracy is in the blood. If the native people aren't willing to search for that future themselves, our efforts to force such a thing on them will be fruitless." Guess what? Both were right.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

I thought some of china's supercomputers where already using some custom Chinese deigned cpu's.

Huawei, which is a member of the OpenPower Alliance.

Yeah, despite the fact this does nothing but hurt innovation and our own economy in the long run...

In the words of ultra right-wing economist and former advisor to Ronald Reagan, Arthur Laffer "Using trade embargo as a weapon only leads to damaging economies. It does nothing to change brutal regimes." And in the words of all liberals who opposed the Iraq War: "Freedom and democracy is in the blood. If the native people aren't willing to search for that future themselves, our efforts to force such a thing on them will be fruitless." Guess what? Both were right.

I think the US government is forgetting that China is the country that lends the US the most amount of money. (The US doesn't actually trade gold like other countries, it prints what is effectively 'fake' money)

PMSL

I have to hand it to you, that's a good point.

Except when you consider the possibility that those nations/groups might wish to destroy us in any way possible. Or at least some percentage of them. Considering the cyber-war going on between us and China, (and I won't even go near the middle east thing) that's not a terrible assumption to make.

I think the US government is forgetting that China is the country that lends the US the most amount of money. (The US doesn't actually trade gold like other countries, it prints what is effectively 'fake' money)

Our debt is China's problem. If it tries to collect it, its biggest consumer market will collapse due to sudden tax inflation. We both have guns pointed at each other's heads. Neither will pull the trigger of defaulting or trying to collect.

I have to hand it to you, that's a good point.

Except when you consider the possibility that those nations/groups might wish to destroy us in any way possible. Or at least some percentage of them. Considering the cyber-war going on between us and China, (and I won't even go near the middle east thing) that's not a terrible assumption to make.

China, like many other nations, just doesn't want to be under our thumb. Honestly this is one place Ron Paul and I completely agree on. Get our men and women out of danger where we aren't wanted and aren't needed. Let the world be independent, and only act when there is a true imminent threat to the nation. China is not about to try to destroy our country. Not only would they lose our market and the enormous money it brings to them, they'd then have to spend what remaining cash they do have to fund a protracted war they'd most likely lose. China is not full of stupid rulers. They might be dictators with a dark human rights history (which has gotten much better mind you), but they're not stupid. Their money comes from their people's pockets which are filled by our expenditures. It's just not wise to threaten an earlier chain in the link.

The US does not need to trade gold. Also there is a good reason other counties love to buy US debt. Currently The United States holds 8,133.5 tonnes of gold. The world's number one gold holder. 2nd place is Germany with 3382.4 tonnes of gold. So let the China buy all the debt the want. So before your start on this fake money crap. The dollar is the most reliable printed currency in the WORLD. 

Test ideas by experiment and observation; build on those ideas that pass the test, reject the ones that fail; follow the evidence wherever it leads and question everything.

sorry china ``

Abigail: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.5GHz 1.170v / EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti Classified  / ASRock Z97 Extreme6 / Corsair H110i GT / 4x4Gb G.Skill Ares 1866MHz @ CAS9 / Samsung 840 EVO 250Gb SSD / Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM / NZXT H440 Blue / EVGA SuperNOVA 750w G2

Peripherals: BenQ XL2411z 24" 144hz 1080p / ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz 1080p / Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD650 / Schiit Audio Modi 2 / Magni 2 / Blue Yeti Blackout

Our debt is China's problem. If it tries to collect it, it's biggest consumer market will collapse due to sudden tax inflation. We both have guns pointed at each other's heads. Neither will pull the trigger of defaulting or trying to collect.

China, like many other nations, just doesn't want to be under our thumb. Honestly this is one place Ron Paul and I completely agree on. Get our men and women out of danger where we aren't wanted and aren't needed. Let the world be independent, and only act when there is a true imminent threat to the nation. China is not about to try to destroy our country. Not only would they lose our market and the enormous money it brings to them, they'd then have to spend what remaining cash they do have to fund a protracted war they'd most likely lose. China is not full of stupid rulers. They might be dictators with a dark human rights history (which has gotten much better mind you), but they're not stupid. Their money comes from their people's pockets which are filled by our expenditures. It's just not wise to threaten an earlier chain in the link.

All well and good, but it does make us complicit in their human rights violations, as well as other nations. We knowingly and willingly allow them to continue, and it makes us no better.

They wouldn't simply do this out of spite or pride imo

There HAS to be a proper motive for this that the government isn't making public. Come on, I mean I disagree with the US governments policies more than anyone, but the politicians (most of them) are not stupid.

Or maybe they are and they're just bullying china...

This is what I think of Pre-Ordering video games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp98SH3vW2Y

Real life follows the p2w model.

Nah just if you're in America. Most other places have 1337 hax.

It's seriously painfully true though.

All well and good, but it does make us complicit in their human rights violations, as well as other nations. We knowingly and willingly allow them to continue, and it makes us no better.

Not at all. We offer the better life and enforce these countries allow their citizens to leave their countries at will. In that we break their dictatorial rule outright, but as I and others have said: freedom and democracy is in the blood.

Not at all. We offer the better life and enforce these countries allow their citizens to leave their countries at will. In that we break their dictatorial rule outright, but as I and others have said: freedom and democracy is in the blood.

And to what of those who can't leave, but would like to? "too bad for them"?

Inaction is just that, inaction.

What...

This is just bullshit, every country should have a right to become the most powerful in a field.

North Korea should lead in nuclear stuff huh? x'D jk 

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

I'm sure this is a lot more complicated than what is being shared. On one hand I can understand why our government is concerned but on the other hand I do not like it when our government makes decisions like this based on fear.

Well...we aren't really doing anything about it now. Nothing that matters anyways. It is the same as just ignoring it.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Yeah, but it's not the US' job to "fix" what they don't like.

And to what of those who can't leave, but would like to? "too bad for them"?

Inaction is just that, inaction.

We send volunteers and agents to help them as best we can, and we offer asylum for true refugees. There is a point at which it becomes both foolhardy and morally wrong to violate the sovereignty of other states, hence why there is a clear barrier between federal and state power in our own country as well. Intervention must only come in the most dire of circumstances, otherwise it is up to the states to be independent and prosper.

China should have tech company startups that rival Intel/AMD/Nvidia/IBM xD

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

The US does not need to trade gold. Also there is a good reason other counties love to buy US debt. Currently The United States holds 8,133.5 tonnes of gold. The world's number one gold holder. 2nd place is Germany with 3382.4 tonnes of gold. So let the China buy all the debt the want. So before your start on this fake money crap. The dollar is the most reliable printed currency in the WORLD. 

So the truth is 'crap' then? Right....so in other words you don't keep up with the state of things.

PMSL