How much storage do you have?

Why ??? 

It's also 1000MB not 1000mb.

Oh don't be that mean, unless it's transfer speeds, I don't think it's important, because we all know he means megabyte and not megabit, especially if he isn't capitalizing the M and not the b (Mb) xD

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

It's not a marketing size. You are wrong. It's even taught wrong, it's a common thing not to know the reason behind this

So basically, the problem is Windows showing the size in a wrong, basically outdated format, if i understand this correctly. Why on earth would they do that? Like, Windows writes the normal terms, like GB and TB, but they actually mean GiB and TiB? As i just said, why on earth would they do that? I really dont understand that, with Windows being what it is.

CPU i7-9700K @ 5 GHz Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F RAM Corsair Vengeance 32 GB (4x8) 3000 MHz GPU ASUS RTX 2080 ROG Strix OC x2 SLI Case Corsair Graphite 780T Storage 256 GB Samsung 860 EVO, 6 TB Seagate Barracuda PSU Corsair HX1200i, 1200W Display(s) ASUS PG279Q (1440p 165 Hz), ASUS VG248QE (1080p 144 Hz) Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 radiator Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Logitech G502 Sound Logitech G35 Operating System Windows 10

Why ??? 

It's also 1000MB not 1000mb.

you know what i mean :D 

Oh don't be that mean, unless it's transfer speeds, I don't think it's important, because we all know he means megabyte and not megabit, especially if he isn't capitalizing the M and not the b (Mb) xD

:D 

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

500 gb hard drive, 250 gb ssd

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

One of my drives just died, but I plan to substitute it soon.

Counting that one, I have 2 1tb internal hdds, 2 1tb external hdds and a 120gb ssd. So about 4tb in total (minus formatting space).

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

320GB HDD and 60GB SSD.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

So basically, the problem is Windows showing the size in a wrong, basically outdated format, if i understand this correctly. Why on earth would they do that? Like, Windows writes the normal terms, like GB and TB, but they actually mean GiB and TiB? As i just said, why on earth would they do that? I really dont understand that, with Windows being what it is.

It's not outdated, IEC and IEEE literally changed a unit of measurement. It was first proposed by IEC in the 90s, adopted in 96 or something by IEC, and IEEE didn't adopt it until 2000 I think. It was a stupid move done quietly by a small group of people that caused confusion even among the best experts, and a lot of controversy. IEC and IEEE don't make laws, they make standards. Now with IEEE, like I said, if they decided you should put a little penis on every hard drive, I think most of the IT world will adopt it, because if you don't adopt every IEEE standard your server will catch on fire or something....at least that's what people think.

Anway the issue goes like this-

Hard drives use the IEC measurement methods, because it makes sense witht he way hard drives works

Most memory doesn't, because that doesn't make sense at all.

But most flash drives and SSDs use the IEC standard, because it's easier to advertise a larger number.

But some don't. Notice confusing SSD capacities?

It gets really confusing.

I think CDs use the old method.

As it was, I think the whole reason behind the IEC proposal was not rooted in ANY argument of making sense for computers, but rather that "kilo means thousand god damnit!" and so on, it was more about aligning to the SI standard of base 10. The "1024" system is base 2, or a binary standard. Which makes a lot of sense, too much sense actually. If it had been named different originally, than this mix up would not have happened. This change came as a result of some more in the scientific community I'm told, and not really the tech one...because we don't need that kinda change, and the resulting confusion. The only ones that were quick to adopt and support the change were drive manufacturers for the reasons of higher capacity numbers and it making sense as far as platters go, keeping in mind at the time solid state mass storage was not really a thing the way it is today.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

I have one 120GB SSD and one 1.5TB HDD.

ZMptM9l.png

To add, 1 horsepower is about 745.69 joules per second. Imagine for some reason this would make more technical sense if 1 horsepower was 1000 joules per second-
what then? What if some standard setting board decided to change the definition of horse power? Wouldn't most ignore that change in favor long established definition? I mean the definition of base 2 units of data was in place for YEARS before the IEC change, since the very beginning of computers.
Even better, what if the change was 1 horsepower= 500 joules per second- then some people would adopt that because it would make their cars look more powerful to customers. There would be a split adoption like in the tech world.

muh specs 

All parts black

I have a 120GB SSD + a 500GB HDD on my rig, a 120GB SSD + a 1TB HDD in our lasses rig, a 40GB OS HDD + a 2TB HDD and a 500GB HDD in our NAS, plus a 320GB HDD in our lasses Macbook and a 160GB HDD in her old Macbook and finally a spare 250GB HDD I have laying around doing nothing as it's been retired.

So the total storage in our house is ~5TB.

I'm hoping to upgrade to have four 2TB HDD's on the NAS in RAID 5 + the 500GB HDD as an external for use as a tertiary backup for documents and photos eventually, but right now our current setup is fine.

The only problem is the fact that we have no spare cash whatsoever, so everything is on hold right now :(

CPU: Core i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz | MB: Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX @ 1866MHz | GPU: XFX DD R9 390 | Case: Fractal Design Define S | Storage: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO + WD Caviar Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM650x | Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium
Click here to help feed our lasses Pokemon

My desktop has a 250GB 850 Pro, a 120GB HyperX 3k, and a 1TB Re drive.

My server has a 120GB M500, a 1TB Blue, and four 3TB Seagate NAS drives.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

I have a lot of hard drives, but I will just leave this here.  I have an addiction to collecting, don't judge me.

Storage

On a side note, this is my data storage server, not my main rig.

3x 850 pro 128GB SSD in raid 0 = 384GB

2x seagate barracuda HDD raid 0 = 6TB

120 gb SSD

500 gb SSD

1Tb HDD

2TB HDD - nas

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1240 v3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 RAM: 16 GB GeIL Dragon 1600mhz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 770OC 2GB Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D Storage: 1TB WD, Blue, 120GB, munch ssd PSU: 600w Corsair 

Display: aoc tn something, Dell ips U24..  Keyboard: CM storm quickfire xt Brown switches Mouse: Logitech G502, Pricing: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8CBWjX

2x520 ssd more than enough. All my movies and photos are on multiple portable HDD to cross over.

Intel 5820K ¬ ASUS x99 Deluxe ¬ HyperX Predator 3000Mhz 16gb ¬ Gigabyte Titan X ¬ SuperFlow Leadex 850W ¬ Crucial Mx100 512Gb x2 RAID 0 ¬ NZXT H440 + HUE + X61 ¬ ASUS ROG Swift

Desktop:

- 256GB SSD

- 1TB WD Black

- 4TB WD Green

NAS:

- 512GB SSD

- 3TB WD Red

Laptop:

- 128GB SSD

External:

- 256GB SSD

- 1TB HDD x4

Other:

Many old <1TB ide drives, some <1GB

I'm kind of a data hoarder... 

Desktop:

128GB Samsung SSD for my OS

1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD for Games and Programs

2TB WD Green

Going to be upgrading to 3 4TB WD blacks or their NAS drives soon since they are cheaper for the same performance.

| Intel 5820K OC'd 4.6Ghz (Swifttech H320 X2) | Asus x99 Deluxe w/ USB 3.1 | 32GB Corsair DDR4 Ram | 2 Nvidia GTX 980ti Classified's | 250gb Samsung EVO SSD OS Drive | 128GB Samsung SSD Cache Drive | 1TB Samsung EVO SSD | 2TB & 4TB Western Digital HDD | Corsair K70 Keyboard | Beyerdynamic 990 Pro 250 | ASUS 27" ROG Swift

In laptop1:

240G SSD

In laptop2:

500G HDD

In laptop3:

80G HDD

In laptop4

100G HDD

In storage PC:

4x 3TB HDD

6x 1TB HDD

1x 500G HDD

In Desktop1:

128G SDD

1.5TB HDD

In Desktop 2:

2x 500G HDD

External drives:

8x 500G HDD

1x 240G SDD

1x 1TB HDD

Thumb drives:

too many to count

Can Anybody Link A Virtual Machine while I go download some RAM?

One 500gb hdd... 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Desktop:

128GB Samsung 840 Pro

2x 1TB WD Black

500GB WD Black

External:

1TB Hitachi

1TB WD Green

1TB Seagate Wireless Plus

640GB Samsung? Seagate 2.5"

160GB Hitachi 2.5"

Laptop:

1TB Seagate SSHD

I think I have more hard drives than I need, I should start getting bigger single drives instead cheaping out for smaller ones...