Digital Storm's new Bolt 3 adds a sexy edge-to-edge glass door

1-bolt-3-main-100576984-large.jpg

This is a mighty fine case, not going to lie. Glass is far more premium than acrylic or poly ever will be, of course it adds weight and its not cheap once it breaks, but it looks classy and it works in this case. 

Of course this won't be cheap, no you can't buy it on your own unless someone at Digital Storm really likes you. Who cares, its gorgeous. If I had the scratch I would go for it. 

4-bolt-3-side-100576988-large.jpg

Why glass? We didn’t get a chance to ask Digital Storm, but it’s probably because glass adds a luxurious look and feel to any PC. Side doors are typically made of plastic, which scratches easily, is difficult to clean, and frankly feels cheap.

Believe me when I say glass looks dead sexy on any case. The Bolt 3 won’t be the first with glass, as defunct Voodoo PC used glass doors in its custom systems in the late 1990s.

The only real downside to glass is weight... and the possibility of shattering. Hopefully, the glass in the Bolt 3 is tempered so if you do break it, it’ll pose less risk of cutting you.

Digital Storm didn’t spill other details of the Bolt 3, but it’s easy to see it still uses a Mini-ITX motherboard, and custom liquid cooling is still present. And no big surprise: It’ll run Nvidia’s top GeForce GTX Titan X card. I’d guess the Bolt 3 will be based on Haswell initially, but hopefully someone gives Asrock’s X99E-ITX/ac a good going over.

Asrock raised eyebrows by doing something other board vendors said was impossible: Getting Intel’s big boy LGA2011-3 into a miniature motherboard. The price is high, though, as Asrock had to cut back from quad-channel RAM to dual-channel RAM in the board. Still, that means it’s finally possible to build a micro-tower with an eight-core Core i7-5960X instead of the quad-core Haswell CPUs.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2905353/digital-storms-new-bolt-3-adds-a-sexy-edge-to-edge-glass-door.html

This post has been promoted to an article

I really do like the bolt case... its just too expensive for me. DS does a lot of good work, possibly my favorite boutique mfg out there.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

I love the look of some digitalstorm cases, I just wish they would do what origin did and for 1 week have a sale on just the case. 

A lot of people talk shit about pre-builts, but DS's cases are sexaaayy

damnit, now I am going to have to buy one just for the case. xD

Is it bad that my dream setup only costs a few thousand not counting the obutto?

CPU: FX-8320

Motherboard: asrock 970Pro3 r2.0

Memory: Team Zeus Blue 8GB DDR3-1600 Memory 

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB DUAL-X Video Card 

Case: Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case  

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  

SSD: MX100 128GB

HDD: WD 2TB black edition

Looks pretty sexy but looks mighty huge for mini-Itx. The spread out components do look very good though

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

Can I buy just the case? (I know that I can't. I just really wish I could)

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

LOL holy crap....Talk about how things can look differently depending on how you market things.

Those cases look faaaar less impressive in Lian Li's pictures.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

@snowComet beat me to it.

:D  :D

LOL holy crap....Talk about how things can look differently depending on how you market things.

Those cases look faaaar less impressive in Lian Li's pictures.

It should be the PC-O5S, not the O6S or O7S...

but I agree, Lian Li is not good at making their case look good....

damn... if these cases where only some easier to get in the EU...

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

We re-did some of the outside panels to make changes. Not to mention, our builds make it look far more sexy ;)

I spy with my little eye better looking front panel and legs. Something I missed ? :)

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

We re-did some of the outside panels to make changes. Not to mention, our builds make it look far more sexy ;)

To me that honestly it, the stuff inside the case looks good enough that it just adds a whole other layer to how the system looks. Clean, well laid out, and good design.

:( If only it didnt cost so much to get them. Or wasnt so much work to do it yourself.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

:D  :D

It should be the PC-O5S, not the O6S or O7S...

but I agree, Lian Li is not good at making their case look good....

And that has always been the case. They probably make some of the highest quality cases, but their marketing sucks, and they go for the wrong look.

Just putting a different frame on the front took the case with a LED(okay, they did a little more but thats the biggest change) from looking like shit to looking really nice.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

I can't even buy Lian Li cases... seriously, hard to get one here...

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

Love the extension for the GPU. Wish more cases would suit the style.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

Can I buy just the case? (I know that I can't. I just really wish I could)

I think its a Lian LI case, so technically yes 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

Why not watercool the gpu? That is more important!

-snip-

Looks like a rebranded Lian li PC-O7S xD

O7S-0000.jpg

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD