AMD 300 series rebrands

TheElt

30FPS? What are you, some kind of peasant?

3b0ff209d7f07524de0be96481f577f9.png

Those are your words, not mine. Be consistent, m80.

Here, have some more from another source.

939731a5c380565bf25cbb31b735995d.png

db7d2033d0829643085ab8941fcdf5cd.png

f22788b65e6130e01764886c479588be.png

df928e6275f52e523b0a72b60724b23d.png

lolk

It makes NVIDIA a terrible company for handing out tools and helping developers optimize their games, but who am I to talk about that? Obviously I'm a fanboy and I know nothing since I've never owned an AMD card. /s

And guess what? People do that.

After a $40 rebate.

If I have $200, and I want to buy a video card, I won't be able to pick up that 280X. See why I don't talk about rebates?

You don't get it.

30fps is peasantry when there is stupid reason such as cinematic.

30fps is barely acceptable if it means glorious 4k.

Still 1080p or nearly 1080p results with bioshock infinite(nvidia biased) and DA:I flawed result where 285 is worse than 7850

Nvidia GameWorks = optimized for nvidia gpu...how hard is it for you to understand?

You speak of ownership? I have owned gpu from both sides.

Rebate is no problem; there is a thing called credit card...you should have one; and if you can't afford to spend even $40 more...you got bigger problems to worry about than buying PC parts.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

30fps is peasantry when there is stupid reason such as cinematic.

30FPS is 30FPS, it's all the same.

30fps is barely acceptable if it means glorious 4k.

Not really, especially for more competitive players.

Nvidia GameWorks = optimized for nvidia gpu...how hard is it for you to understand?

AMD runs like shit on an NVIDIA GameWorks title? Really? I didn't know that!

59270.png

Oh wait, you're wrong. Nevermind.

You speak of ownership? I have owned gpu from both sides.

Yea, this doesn't make you one in a million.

Rebate is no problem; there is a thing called credit card...you should have one; and if you can't afford to spend even $40 more...you got bigger problems to worry about than buying PC parts.

>consoles are terrible, kids should save up and build a PC

>kids can't have credit cards

It's fine and dandy so long as it isn't your problem, hm?

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

30FPS is 30FPS, it's all the same.

Not really, especially for more competitive players.

AMD runs like shit on an NVIDIA GameWorks title? Really? I didn't know that!

59270.png

Oh wait, you're wrong. Nevermind.

Yea, this doesn't make you one in a million.

>consoles are terrible, kids should save up and build a PC

>kids can't have credit cards

It's fine and dandy so long as it isn't your problem, hm?

You still don't get it.

Also, competitive...what? Bf4? That's a joke for anything competitive("netcode").

290x better than 780 with physx off? you don't say...

No, I'm not one in a million; just better than you.

Kids can use (parents')credit cards... why do you think there are paying players for crossfire?

And if you have trouble getting credit card... you still have more problems than pc part.

Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

You still don't get it.

Also, competitive...what? Bf4? That's a joke for anything competitive("netcode").

I completely forgot, how silly of me, just because you don't do something, it means it's an absolute joke and nobody should do it.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

I completely forgot, how silly of me, just because you don't do something, it means it's an absolute joke and nobody should do it.

It's not me.

It's a fact that bf4 is poor for competitive gaming...

(balance, "netcode"...etc. makes it bad)

Instead of being subtle in calling me a fanboy, how about you tell me what's wrong, and why it's wrong?

-sigh- I never said you were a fanboy. Not once. I just said there are hints of bias, then proceeded to state that it's not necessarily a bad thing. I'll be the first to say I swear by Nvidia cards, specifically EVGA branded one. I'm having to jump through massive hoops with my red card just to enjoy using it. Not a pleasant experience. But, I digress. Nothing is necessarily wrong with your post. It simply feels more or less one sided (which it should, you are defending the green team). Just as every other rebuttal to your posts, I was shedding some light on something I found to be unclear or misinformative.

No need to reply to me again though, we're clearly at the point to where no relevant information is being added to the discussion.

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

uhhhemmm! before this topic gets derailed.. lets chat about the topic at the moment.

re-badging older tech is not new, regardless of who has done it longer or better.

don't understand these comparos between the different cards, seems more

red vs green debates than what is being put in a box.

If people could stop putting Ubisoft games as relevant benchmarks that would be great.

Intel 4790 K - R9 295X2 - Gigabyte Z97-SLI - Corsair Vengeance Pro Black 1866 CAL9 - Corsair HX 1000 -Samsung 850 EVO SSD - Samsung HDD - H100I - Corsair C70 - G400 Logitech - Asus VS247H - WASD custom mechanical and QCKPAD! 

Staples of LTT: Getting an 4690 K will resurrect your lost family members, AMD = More heat thus AMD = Satan. 

@GoodN1ght, Samurai Champloo pic, you're a boss.

And about AMD, this 390X better live up to all the hype and be the freakin bees knees man! 

I see benchmarks, I hear good things, I hope and pray they do well, so that they can shake up Nvidia. I wanna see this damn thing!

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

I'm saddened to hear this, but I guess with the amount of money that AMD can throw at R&D compared to Nvidia this isn't super surprising. 

You mean this thread or AMD?

*Snip*

I laughed harder than I should have at that one.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I'm saddened to hear this, but I guess with the amount of money that AMD can throw at R&D compared to Nvidia this isn't super surprising. 

I laughed harder than I should have at that one.

AMD should do a Kickstarter for a billion dollars of RD money. 

They should also sell ATI back as their own company, buy back GF, and perhaps not screw up like they did last time. 

They should also sell ATI back as their own company, buy back GF, and perhaps not screw up like they did last time. 

Not a bad idea, AMD fanboys would probably fund it :P

Asking these companies to not screw up might be asking a lot lol. They all seem to trip and fall from time to time.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Not a bad idea, AMD fanboys would probably fund it :P

Asking these companies to not screw up might be asking a lot lol. They all seem to trip and fall from time to time.

And some tend to fall down a tall flight of stairs. Or off a cliff.

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

Hmmm, I don't know. I hear a lot of people say this, but in the back of my mind I think there was a lot more that did them in than buying ATI. I mean what tech company with kick arse CPUs who owns their own foundary and just bought a half decent GPU outfit falls down smack bang in the middle of a tech boom. 

I Kinda think at the time buying ATI was a good move.  With that GPU IP they have managed to deliver in the APU market.  I think what really let them down was bulldozer and then the kicker was efficiency in the corporate market.  It was like going from one big kick in the pants to another.

Still, in 50 years when FoI is thing we might findout what the actual cause of it all was. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Hmmm, I don't know. I hear a lot of people say this, but in the back of my mind I think there was a lot more that did them in than buying ATI. I mean what tech company with kick arse CPUs who owns their own foundary and just bought a half decent GPU outfit falls down smack bang in the middle of a tech boom. 

I Kinda think at the time buying ATI was a good move.  With that GPU IP they have managed to deliver in the APU market.  I think what really let them down was bulldozer and then the kicker was efficiency in the corporate market.  It was like going from one big kick in the pants to another.

Still, in 50 years when FoI is thing we might findout what the actual cause of it all was. 

Their problem was overextending. They bought ATI at the wrong time. They should've shored more into RD for the future of their CPUs and THEN bought out ATI. Kinda like how Intel is in the VERY COMFORTABLE position to blow 5 billion on Nvidia if they wanted and not have it ruin their bottom line, more importantly not ruin their focus. 

AMD seems too over the map. Too many cooks in too many pots. 

And some tend to fall down a tall flight of stairs. Or off a cliff.

I admit to not being AMD's largest fan, but I sincerely hope they do not fall off a cliff. The rivalry between AMD and Nvidia is the only think that is allowing us to have good GPUs on the market for a reasonable price. If AMD where to call it quits and focus all of its time and energy on CPU's the prices of GPUs would increase substantially and Nvidia could greatly reduce the amount of money they throw at R&D to improve GPUs. 

I admit to not being AMD's largest fan, but I sincerely hope they do not fall off a cliff. The rivalry between AMD and Nvidia is the only think that is allowing us to have good GPUs on the market for a reasonable price. If AMD where to call it quits and focus all of its time and energy on CPU's the prices of GPUs would increase substantially and Nvidia could greatly reduce the amount of money they throw at R&D to improve GPUs. 

Intel is also a big player with their GPUs. Iris Pro was a good attempt, Skylake is bringing the big guns that will actually pressure the low end GPU market into either being cheaper or eradicating it entirely. 

R9-380 and up are the only ones worth getting anyway for gaming or other high GPU usage scenarios anyway

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Intel is also a big player with their GPUs. Iris Pro was a good attempt, Skylake is bringing the big guns that will actually pressure the low end GPU market into either being cheaper or eradicating it entirely. 

You are technically correct, when I say GPUs in that post I referring to discrete cards. 

I guess I have been ignoring on board graphics solutions in favor of higher performance options. 

Their problem was overextending. They bought ATI at the wrong time. They should've shored more into RD for the future of their CPUs and THEN bought out ATI. Kinda like how Intel is in the VERY COMFORTABLE position to blow 5 billion on Nvidia if they wanted and not have it ruin their bottom line, more importantly not ruin their focus. 

AMD seems too over the map. Too many cooks in too many pots. 

I get what your saying, they bought ATI in 2006,   q4 2005 they released one of their best results financially. This was on the back of the Winchester, Newcastle etc cores.   Given it took them till 20009 to ditch GF I kinda think they weren't sinking straight away.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I'm not trying to say I don't like AMD either, but as of late, the company has appeared to be severely disadvantaged in both the CPU and GPU departments. I really hope that its next series of graphics cards performs well, because that's about the only thing that will save AMD this year. I really hope it's successful. I really, really do. 

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

Guys, what if AMD is just trolling everyone and they have poured a ton into R&D into actually good CPU's and even better GPU's, but they're only just milking their old stuff right now?

I hope that's the case.

Guys, what if AMD is just trolling everyone and they have poured a ton into R&D into actually good CPU's and even better GPU's, but they're only just milking their old stuff right now?

I hope that's the case.

That would be a hell of a troll.

Although I saw Sapphire ED tell Jayztwo cents that jay will have to sell his Titan X's for 390X's when they come out. So I am very hopeful that the GPUs at least could stir things up pretty good. 

That would be a hell of a troll.

Although I saw Sapphire ED tell Jayztwo cents that jay will have to sell his Titan X's for 390X's when they come out. So I am very hopeful that the GPUs at least could stir things up pretty good. 

Yeah I saw that too. I wonder if he's being honest and not just hyping. He seems like a cool dude so I'm on the fence.