370 Trinidad Pro

370X Trinidad XT

375 Tonga Pro

375X Tonga XT

380 Cut down hawai successor

380X hawai successor

390 Fiji Pro

390X Fiji

We pretty much know the 380 and 380X will be re-branded and slightly tweaked hawaii chips (290 and 290X). 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

We pretty much know the 380 and 380X will be re-branded and slightly tweaked hawaii chips (290 and 290X). 

I know, I just forgot the chip name.

FX-8120 | ASUS Crosshair V Formula | G.Skill Sniper 8GB DDR3-1866 CL9 | Club3D Radeon R9 290 RoyalAce |Thermaltake Chaser MkIII | 128GB M4 Crucial + 2TB HDD storage | Cooler Master 850M | Scythe Mugen 3 | Corsair Strafe RGB | Logitech G500

ITT, people complaining about 3 year old architecture even though they are doing so on a system that uses 30+ year old architecture (x86)

There's a big difference between an Instruction Set Architecture (x86) and the micro architecture (GCN 1.x/Skylake/Maxwell) being super old. Nothing will change by switching ISAs except a loss of performance of you go to ARM.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Why do you confuse us like this AMD?

Oh shoot! Was that offensive! (I don't care).

I can tell you're not old enough to pay for electricity yet. For long term cost, yes, it makes a difference. An 80W difference could be $60 a year depending on usage and location.

That is absolute BS. It is 12 cents per kWh in the US on average. Are you mining bitcoins with that card 24/7 or something crazy? You won't come close to eve $10 more in a year with normal usage.

PC: CPU - FX 8350 @4.5 Ghz | GPU - 3x R9 290 @1100 core/1300 memory | Motherboard - Asus Crosshair V Formula Z | RAM - 16 GB Mushkin Redline 1866 Mhz | PSU - Corsair AX 860w | SSD - ADATA SX900 256 GB | HDD - Seagate 3TB 7200RPM | CPU Cooler - Noctua NH D-14 | Case - Cooler Master HAF Stacker 935

Peripherals: Monitor - ASUS VN248H-P IPS | Keyboard - Corsair K70 | Mouse - Corsair M65 | Headphones - ASUS ROG Orion Pro

That is absolute BS. It is 12 cents per kWh in the US on average. Are you mining bitcoins with that card 24/7 or something crazy? You won't come close to eve $10 more in a year with normal usage.

"...depending on usage and location."

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

look like AMD lost their way ...

nVIDIA will still rule with their overpriced card ....

I wish there was a 3rd or 4th competitor to choose from.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

"...depending on usage and location."

Please inform us where in the world electricity is so expensive as to cost that much in one year. That is 10 times the cost of people mining coins all year round. I'm really fed up with everyone complaining about the cost of electricity, because if you run your A/C a couple days a year, you'll be paying more than the difference in power of these cards.

PC: CPU - FX 8350 @4.5 Ghz | GPU - 3x R9 290 @1100 core/1300 memory | Motherboard - Asus Crosshair V Formula Z | RAM - 16 GB Mushkin Redline 1866 Mhz | PSU - Corsair AX 860w | SSD - ADATA SX900 256 GB | HDD - Seagate 3TB 7200RPM | CPU Cooler - Noctua NH D-14 | Case - Cooler Master HAF Stacker 935

Peripherals: Monitor - ASUS VN248H-P IPS | Keyboard - Corsair K70 | Mouse - Corsair M65 | Headphones - ASUS ROG Orion Pro

There's a big difference between an Instruction Set Architecture (x86) and the micro architecture (GCN 1.x/Skylake/Maxwell) being super old. Nothing will change by switching ISAs except a loss of performance of you go to ARM.

Maxwell and GCN aren't the same thing.....

I wish there was a 3rd or 4th competitor to choose from.

its not gonna happen because the compatibility of games. other company will strugle to patch the compatibility of their product for old and new games, the only solusion is AMD bought by another big company.

Maxwell and GCN aren't the same thing.....

GCN is a family. GCN 1.x is an architecture (equivalent idea to Maxwell). Their card code names have nothing to do with the architectures.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

7970 again and again and again....

To make you feel any more comfortable Fiji is based off the Tahiti architecture design.

there as been a massive leak on the lasest gpus of amd.

AMD has yet to unveil its new lineup of high end graphic processors and while they have already teased the Fiji XT based flagship, which will most likely be called the Radeon R9 390X,  the preceding few spots of the high end spectrum still needs to be filled. The good folks over at the Chinese Vr-Zone.com have revealed that AMD might be set to reveal the Fiji, Grenada, Trinidad and Tobago based GPUs at Computex 2015 this year.

there is a table in my source which explains what these codenames are , old revisions or new.

AMD Fiji GPU AMD R9 390X Flagship AMD Grenada GPU Improved Hawaii Core AMD Antigua GPU Re-branded Tonga Core AMD Trinidad GPU Probably Pitcairn AMD Tobago GPU New Core – Probably AMD R7 360X GPU

this article goes more in depth between the new generation and the old generation

source:http://wccftech.com/amd-gpus-fiji-grenada-trinidad-tobago-unveiled-computex-2015/

AMD-Radeon-R9-295X2-635x370.jpg

I have a feeling this is gonna be a hot topic now that the amd vs Nvidia battle is really heating up

4790k @ 4.6 (1.25 adaptive) // 2x GTX 970 stock clocks/voltage // Dominator Platnium 4x4 16G //Maximus Formula VII // WD Black1TB + 128GB 850 PRO // RM1000 // NZXT H440 // Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 (MX Blue) // Corsair M95 + Steelseries QCK // Razer Adaro DJ // AOC I2757FH

As soon as they come out, I'm getting a pair and putting them under water ;)

Watercool or drown them? Personal I would hope its watercooling.. jk Waiting for R9 380 to come. :)

20% only

The 390X should be faster than the Titan X by a small margin...

On a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam

And when that happens, the 980ti will be slightly faster, neck to neck with Fiji and everyone will forget about the titan x that will perform about the same as the fiji xt and the 980ti and then a bunch of fucking rebrands will come and then next generation Nvidia chip in the form of the 950 and so on and so forth.

Seriously I can probably code a script that creates GPU news stories and I'd be pretty fucking accurate, it's always the same.

-------

Current Rig

-------

20% only?

The 390X should be faster than the Titan X by a small margin...

Why because you said so?

Not to mention no one REALLY knows how fast or slow it is it's all he said she said type info right now.

I want to see what the 390X Aio water cooled card will do. That could be my next card.

I7 5820k, Asus X99 Sabertooth, 980Ti Classified, 32gb Gskill Ripjaws 4, Corsair Rm1000i, Samsung 950 Pro, Custom Loop Xspc Cpu Block Ek Gpu Block, Windows 10, Define S. Acer Predator XB271HU

Why because you said so?

Not to mention no one REALLY knows how fast or slow it is it's all he said she said type info right now.

I said it should because as a consumer I prefer competition over monopoly on performance.

And I really want AMD to take back some serious market share

On a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam

I like amd but there excessive use of rebranding is a big reasion why I dont buy their cards, I mean nividia doesnt rebrand every card except the two top tier.

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |