WTF titan x

spartaman64

Looking at its specs, you'd be better off buying a Telsla and a Quadro instead for workstation use, the Titan X just does not make any sense at all when there are cards with a far better price/performance ratio.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Gamers don't need more than a 970 so the Titan X is for people who want to push a 4k screen setup and use the 12gb vram

3*1080p on ultra. That's what I'm most likely getting one for. That, and I lost a bet.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Im just wondering. Again, just wondering. If i have two of this i'll make a post

"GTX Titan X SLI? I have them! So, what's your problem?!"

And all the hates are flying To my post

Hahahahahahaa...

sometimes i throw money at things just because i can. no rhyme or reason.

as for the topic i think the titan series started off as a hybrid card one that could be used for workstations and gaming, but then nvidia realised that the people buying them were infact pretty much all using it for gaming so now they are marketing it for gaming.

CPU - Intel Core i7 4770K @ 4.80GHz / GPU - MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming / RAM - 16 GB G.Skill TridentX 2400 MHz / Motherboard - Maximus VI Formula / CPU Cooler - Kraken x60 / Power Supply - Rosewill Lightning 1300w / Case - Enthoo Luxe Monitor - Asus ROG Swift PG278Q / Sound - Razer Kraken 7.1 / Keyboard - Razer Blackwidow Chroma / Mouse - Razer Naga Hex + Razer Deathadder Chroma | Picture - [http://i.imgur.com/SSKZKWu.jpg]

Nobody actually needs a luxury car or an interior pool. But nobody bulges when people do that, yet if you would buy EACH YEAR the best of everything there is out there you would be hard pressed to have equivalent cost. 

Intel 4790 K - R9 295X2 - Gigabyte Z97-SLI - Corsair Vengeance Pro Black 1866 CAL9 - Corsair HX 1000 -Samsung 850 EVO SSD - Samsung HDD - H100I - Corsair C70 - G400 Logitech - Asus VS247H - WASD custom mechanical and QCKPAD! 

Staples of LTT: Getting an 4690 K will resurrect your lost family members, AMD = More heat thus AMD = Satan. 

To be honest, I was expecting the Titan X to be a face-rapingly powerful card, the way everyone was toting it, but I'm totally disappointed with how it actually turned out.

The 290X was called the Titan Killer. Let's see it happen again with the 390X. I was expecting the Titan X to have the new memory design and a wider bus, but it doesn't have either of those!

I want to see what happens when the 390X flexes its muscles. with a 4096-bit (4096-BIT!!!) bus and 4096 cores, I don't even care if they have to water-cool it, as long as it absolutely tears the throat out of the Titan X. I'm feeling good about AMD's next generation of cards! >.<

A no-compromises GPU

*cough* no backplate *cough*

:P

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

To be honest, I was expecting the Titan X to be a face-rapingly powerful card, the way everyone was toting it, but I'm totally disappointed with how it actually turned out.

The 290X was called the Titan Killer. Let's see it happen again with the 390X. I was expecting the Titan X to have the new memory design and a wider bus, but it doesn't have either of those!

I want to see what happens when the 390X flexes its muscles. with a 4096-bit (4096-BIT!!!) bus and 4096 cores, I don't even care if they have to water-cool it, as long as it absolutely tears the throat out of the Titan X. I'm feeling good about AMD's next generation of cards! >.<

And when it doesnt?

CPU - Intel Core i7 4770K @ 4.80GHz / GPU - MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming / RAM - 16 GB G.Skill TridentX 2400 MHz / Motherboard - Maximus VI Formula / CPU Cooler - Kraken x60 / Power Supply - Rosewill Lightning 1300w / Case - Enthoo Luxe Monitor - Asus ROG Swift PG278Q / Sound - Razer Kraken 7.1 / Keyboard - Razer Blackwidow Chroma / Mouse - Razer Naga Hex + Razer Deathadder Chroma | Picture - [http://i.imgur.com/SSKZKWu.jpg]

Well reference never does because how the cooler is designed. Just get a non reference.  They should offer a combo with a liquid cooling block tho. 

Intel 4790 K - R9 295X2 - Gigabyte Z97-SLI - Corsair Vengeance Pro Black 1866 CAL9 - Corsair HX 1000 -Samsung 850 EVO SSD - Samsung HDD - H100I - Corsair C70 - G400 Logitech - Asus VS247H - WASD custom mechanical and QCKPAD! 

Staples of LTT: Getting an 4690 K will resurrect your lost family members, AMD = More heat thus AMD = Satan. 

ikr ! Like your paying OVER A THOUSAND DOLARS. I'd expect at least a 20 dollar backplate for it like cmon Nvidia -brownie points there xD

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

And when it doesnt?

Idk why everybody would leak that it murders the Titan X, I'm sure if it didnt AMD would have calmed people down. 

I'm sorry, do you guys complain that a Zo6 is stupidly expensive? The Stingray is pretty fast, good enough for almost everyone. The Zo6 adds marginal improvements for what it costs, yet it still commands a whopping price increase. 

So tell me, do you complain that a car like that is for "people with more money than brains?" This card is no different. Its a very, very powerful gaming card. Its priced at a premium because Nvidia doesn't need to beg for scraps from the market, they can price as they please. 

Is that such a problem? 

You've been touting that analogy a lot, I have noticed, and when I read the following on another site, had to copy & paste it here.  'Seems like a legitimate response to your thinking:

In your case, you "own a Ferrari." When someone buys a Ferrari (or any car, house, etc.), it is assumed that they are in for a more permanent investment. New graphics cards, by nature, are released every year-year and a half, causing new graphics cards to become outdated and obsolete within 3-5 years after being released. When someone gets a Ferrari, it's assumed that the car will retain most, if not all of its value after being purchased. Whereas graphics cards are concerned, they lose value relatively quickly. 

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-x-gm200-maxwell,4091-8.html 

And when it doesnt?

Well, then that's two generations of disappointing architectures from both sides, isn't it?

given how the Hawaii cards have been stacking up against Maxwell so far, I'd say they have as good a shot at it with the Pirate Island cards as they've ever had. 

You sound so sure that they won't... :huh:

You've been touting that analogy a lot, I have noticed, and when I read the following on another site, had to copy & paste it here.  'Seems like a legitimate response to your thinking:

In your case, you "own a Ferrari." When someone buys a Ferrari (or any car, house, etc.), it is assumed that they are in for a more permanent investment. New graphics cards, by nature, are released every year-year and a half, causing new graphics cards to become outdated and obsolete within 3-5 years after being released. When someone gets a Ferrari, it's assumed that the car will retain most, if not all of its value after being purchased. Whereas graphics cards are concerned, they lose value relatively quickly. 

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-x-gm200-maxwell,4091-8.html 

After boats cars are probably the 2nd worst invesment possible. Yes even luxury cars, outside from the very top tier their prices will all drop dramatically or if they ''gain'' in value it'll be due to inflation adjustments. 

Modern cars in mass production will depreciate in value quickly, no matter the brand. 

But I can see where they were going with that analogy. 

Gamers don't need more than a 970 so the Titan X is for people who want to push a 4k screen setup and use the 12gb vram

Are you kidding me? I don't see 970 pushing 144fps on max settings @1080p, 60fps game is choppy, that should not be a standard, standard should be 100fps+

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

Are you kidding me? I don't see 970 pushing 144fps on max settings @1080p, 60fps game is choppy, that should not be a standard, standard should be 100fps+

60 is choppy? plz stahp

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Good luck with that.

Pretty sure they will be within 10% again though.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

60 is choppy? plz stahp

60 is very choppy, not as choppy as 30 or 24, but 60fps gameplay is not smooth. 

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

Has anyone seen any benchmarks for 3ds max or maya etc? 

Honestly it will basically perform a little faster than a 980 for those tasks, I remember the old Titan wasn't really any faster than its competition in those two applications (check the old benchmarks) and this card does not have the double precision the old titan had

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Surprised at the lack of "house fires lol" comments. Considering the same exact thing was said about the 290x, and basically every reviewer has confirmed that it is a very hot card (when you consider the reference cooler on the titian x is objectively better then ref 290x).

I am calling it, most people on this forum over look the flaws on every 2nd product as 'its my team'.

This card is, and so will the R9 390X be, a card for enthusiasts. It performs great in 4K and is made for being a 4K card. If you can't afford it... get over it or keep raving...

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

1/32 the single precision performance what use is this card for professionals 

Nvidia didn't intend to target this for professional, unlike the original Titan.

Regardless, you needed a Quadro or a Tesla to do real professional work anyway.

Nvidia didn't intend to target this for professional, unlike the original Titan.

Regardless, you needed a Quadro or a Tesla to do real professional work anyway.

then why the titan branding