WTF titan x

spartaman64

Apparently the titan x has terrible double precision performance. I looked at its seemingly terrible price to performance and signed it off as a card for devs and professionals but looking at the double precision i concluded that it is useless for most professionals. WTF is this card for.

high-end ultra resolution high framerates AAA gaming for enthousiasts gamer maybe?!

then why the titan branding

Because it's a super high-end flagship graphics card with 3072 maxwell cuda cores and 12GB of VRAM maybe?!

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

I don't know and I don't care.

find answer one post above...

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Modern cars in mass production will depreciate in value quickly, no matter the brand. 

But I can see where they were going with that analogy. 

"Modern cars" would not be the right subject.  The guy's comparison is with regard to top performance, racing cars to the top performance Graphics Card (all of which are made in limited numbers), i.e. Ferrari, Ford GT, Dodge Viper, even the Buick Grand National.  All said cars (compared to top GPU) have appreciated in value.  Try to find one and see what the asking price is today.  Far, far higher than the sticker price was on release day.

find answer one post above...

That's just your opinion. Like I said, I don't care.

60 is very choppy, not as choppy as 30 or 24, but 60fps gameplay is not smooth. 

I play pretty close to 60 on a 4k screen and 60 is extremely playable and smooth.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Apparently the titan x has terrible double precision performance. I looked at its seemingly terrible price to performance and signed it off as a card for devs and professionals but looking at the double precision i concluded that it is useless for most professionals. WTF is this card for.

They are not pushing cuda development with this card but deep learning research which sucks up a lot of vram

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

high-end ultra resolution high framerates AAA gaming for enthousiasts gamer maybe?!

Because it's a super high-end flagship graphics card with 3072 maxwell cuda cores and 12GB of VRAM maybe?!

i expect good double precision performance from the name titan because thats what the titan cards are made for. a card for developers that can also run games very well