Worst Tech mistake you have ever made?

Mitch

GT 610

600.png

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

How about a little bit of small talk.  :rolleyes: 

I bought three Cougar CFD120 blue LED fans once, because a few people recommended them.

So when I got them I tried them out and oh god are they loud. They move a decent amount of air, but they sounded like Gigabyte made them. 

Have you ever been disappointed by a product?

Was it so utterly garbage that you could've thrown it against the wall?

Let me know.  ;)

The Fury X was by far the biggest, steamiest and just *holds back f word* WORST component I have EVER purchased!  Hang on let me copy/paste my story 'cause I just told someone else.

I'm playing my Xbone on 3 LG Curved monitors-No one ever

Please, read CoC it helps, it helped me it should help you-Every competent member

Resident bad pun maker.....please excuse them

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Because I am young for all my build I check with someone my brothers and LTT forum and worst thing I bought was a case because I was so dumb that I had the fan that stick out of a case :lol:

I'd have to say the entirety of my original system. Oh and this H80i I don't really like it any more and its getting replaced for sure.

Your whole rig? :o   What were the specs? 

ASUS P8Z77-V pro motherboard.

Massive connection problems in windows 7,8 and 8.1 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Your whole rig? :o   What were the specs? 

Well... it was a prebuild that I slowly updated (wasn't allowed to build it). It had an i7 2600 with some Foxconn motherboard and a GTX 560 TI HAWK.

CX430

How about a little bit of small talk.  :rolleyes: 

I bought three Cougar CFD120 blue LED fans once, because a few people recommended them.

So when I got them I tried them out and oh god are they loud. They move a decent amount of air, but they sounded like Gigabyte made them. 

Have you ever been disappointed by a product?

Was it so utterly garbage that you could've thrown it against the wall?

Let me know.  ;)

I put the damn Fury X in my LAN party case, there was nothing visibly wrong, I came back later and there was a split in the hose so some water was getting out not much, but then right before my eyes the entire tube popped out of the fitting and it went all over my system.  That was a wasted 4790k, ROG Maximus Vii Impact, Wasted dominator plats, waste GPU and wasted storage because they were all fried

Please, read CoC it helps, it helped me it should help you-Every competent member

The Logysis PSU that was in my first ever PC build. I didn't know much about PC building back then, and I stumbled across a barebones kit on sale on Newegg. The rest of the components were pretty decent, but that PSU lasted all of a month. The AMD APU and MSI mobo are still kicking though. I recycled most of that PC into a rig for my dad when I got my FX-8350. 

Asus HD4850.

It was a good card, but I had to RMA 2 of them. And just because of the long RMA process I started to hate it.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

Slightly disappointed at my case, the Corsair SPEC 03. It looks nice, I like that. However right now the front cover which I thought it would be enough to prevent too much dust is not at all enough, and the cable management is horrible with the bulge in the back working a bit but the bottom and hdd area are basically chokepoints for cables that can (and actually did) ruin cables and snap them off if not careful.

It's the second build I go for that has a terrible case, but it's so damn hard to find nice cases here in Mexico. It's all like really overpriced or not at all easy to get. I plan on switching to an Enthoo Pro as soon as I can.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I put the damn Fury X in my LAN party case, there was nothing visibly wrong, I came back later and there was a split in the hose so some water was getting out not much, but then right before my eyes the entire tube popped out of the fitting and it went all over my system.  That was a wasted 4790k, ROG Maximus Vii Impact, Wasted dominator plats, waste GPU and wasted storage because they were all fried

Sounds more like a Cooler Master fail  :lol: 

But I guess you got everything replaced? Oh please tell me they replaced your stuff  :angry:

A 120GB Kingston V300. It's faster than a hard drive, but compared to other SSD's, it's garbage. Thanks for the bait and switch, Kingston.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

CX430

I have one on my HTPC is not bad at all.

A 120GB Kingston V300. It's faster than a hard drive, but compared to other SSD's, it's garbage. Thanks for the bait and switch, Kingston.

I have one of the old ones.

560Mb seq. read :P

Sounds more like a Cooler Master fail  :lol: 

But I guess you got everything replaced? Oh please tell me they replaced your stuff  :angry:

No the motherboard was not replaced, the CPU wasn't and neither was the RAM but the PSU and Card were refunded.  Oh so the water cooler on the Fury X is made by cooler master?  Huh never knew that.

I have one of the old ones.

560Mb seq. read :P

If the Mongol Horde lived to this day I'd send them to AMD to make sure that all their designs were raped, as well as their return policy!

I have one on my HTPC is not bad at all.

4790k & a 970 don't work well with a 430...

just throwing that out there lmao

1) my Alpha Cool 5.25" bay reservoir and 2x pump duel loop combo.... wish i had just gotten a regular reservoir and one pump for one loop... way way easier....

2) not saying i dont like my Thermaltake lvl 10 GT case... i do... but not nearly as much room in there as you would thing for size of that thing...

No Excuses, Play Like A Champion!!!  

4790k & a 970 don't work well with a 430...

just throwing that out there lmao

Oh well yeah, I'm only using it for an i3 4130 (and probably a GTX 750Ti or 950 soon).

I put a copper wire to two random spots on the Mobo and it stoped instantly

Pro Budget Gamer (thats not a thing)