Worst Tech mistake you have ever made?

Mitch

You shouldn't regret it as it wasn't a huge expense, would have been a decent learning experience too.

when you're low on cash and cant get a job, it felt like one hell of an expense lol

but yes, it was a good learning experience and its what got me more towards building computers and what not. So the good out weighs the "bad"

when you're low on cash and cant get a job, it felt like one hell of an expense lol

but yes, it was a good learning experience and its what got me more towards building computers and what not. So the good out weighs the "bad"

Yeah I know, I was there a couple years ago.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Something recent. Let's see. Replaced the dc jack on a laptop, put everything together again. Laptops doesn't want to boot. Gets power, and screen backlight comes on, but no post. Thinking I screwed up royally since I had to solder the dc jack in, I disassemble the whole thing to inspect the parts around the dc jack to see if anything is visibly damaged. Turn the mobo around to check the other side, glanced over the mb. It was at that point that I realised I forgot to put the RAM back when I assembled the laptop the first time

Something recent. Let's see. Replaced the dc jack on a laptop, put everything together again. Laptops doesn't want to boot. Gets power, and screen backlight comes on, but no post. Thinking I screwed up royally since I had to solder the dc jack in, I disassemble the whole thing to inspect the parts around the dc jack to see if anything is visibly damaged. Turn the mobo around to check the other side, glanced over the mb. It was at that point that I realised I forgot to put the RAM back when I assembled the laptop the first time

I did that to my iPod when I replaced the screen. Forgot to reinstall the battery! Had to buy a new screen...I broke it trying to get it apart again.

My AMD Build:

Spoiler

FX 6300 @ 4.8GHz, Zalman CNPS14X, MSI 970 Gaming, 16gb 1866MHz AData Ram, 3D Club R9 280X, Corsair 600M Psu, Thermaltake V3 AMD Edition Case, D-link 1200AC WiFi, 240gb Mushkin SSD, 2tb WD HDD, 140gb WD HDD (recording gameplay), 5x CoolerMaster SickleFlow 120mm fans, Windows 10 64Bit

Sisters Intel Build:

Spoiler

I7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, CoolerMaster 212 Evo, Gigabyte Gaming 5, 16gb 1866MHz Corsair Ram, 3D Club R9 390, EVGA 650GS Psu, NZXT S340 Case, D-Link 1200AC WiFi Card, HyperX 240gb SSD, 2tb WD HDD, Windows 10 64 Bit

Didn't upgrade on-line and got a POS M4 Aqua for £27 a month

Thankfully mum is giving me a second chance as she likes my phone and can get her upgrade for £27 a month 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

Bringing back my pc to the local computer store, and not telling them i wanted the same motherboard (audio was dead of it).

Result, i got it back quickly, but with an UGLY motherboard! A golden shower asus one >_> HATE IT.

I had such a nice black/blue MSI board that fitted perfectly... 

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Mine would be accidently wiping my original xp installation on my first laptop with suse linux 8 i think it was. Thats what happens when you don't pay attention. That laptop did me well until 2 years ago when it finally kicked the bucket. It had 4 OS's on it in its lifetime. Xp, Suse, Joli, Ubuntu and then back to xp.

Formatted all of Everything....But got Recovered....

Intel i3-4150 3.50Ghz | MSI B85M-G43 | HyperX Fury 8GB 1866Mhz x1 | Intel HD 4400 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB , Samsung 160GB | Odyssey 450W | AOC E950Sw 18.5In | Windows 10 Pro | Zebronics Armour 2

I massively overclocked my R9 270 causing it to black screen and restart my pc every 5 mins, the very same month I had built it. I had bought the GPU 6 months before but good thing I had an insurance plan with it. I was able to exchange the psu too because I had bought it the day I built my beautiful machine

Pretty minor. Reversed my rear fan in the hope of positive pressure relaxing my need to dust my case. That it did, but my temperatures got so bad my GPUs would throttle. Final straw was in Shadow of Mordor. Not a CPU intensive game at all but my CPU was reaching 90 Celsius just from all of the heat from the GPUs being exhausted through the radiator. Changing the rear fan back to exhaust made my CPU 20 degrees cooler in SoM xD

Buying a 430w PSU. then later finding out how much that limits potential GPU upgrades.

Dumb move there, but i'm only running a 750 ti. so, no big deal. 

Expecting a half-decent reply of ashit support. 

/cheaping out on my case and then shortly afterwards buying a nice new one and wasted about $40. Oh well. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I bought a wacom tablet and was very excited about using it. Brought it home (and like the knife person I am) pulled out a benchmade 67 (tanto balisong) to opent it... I ended up stabbing a hole through my monitor. (It was a cheap HP and still works today, although I don't use it.) I also ended up returning the Wacom tablet because it wasn't what I wanted it to be.

Build Modulus

[x] Intel Core i7 3770 [x] PNY xlr8 16gb(2x8) 1600mhz [x] Asus Strix 970 [x] Corsair h90, 3x corsair sp140, 1x Corsair af120 [x] ASRock Z77 Extreme4 [x] NZXT S340 [x] EVGA superNOVA NEX 650w [x] Asus xonar DG,Beyerdynamic dt770 Pro (80ohms), PreSonus M7, PreSonus AudioBox [x] WASD keyboard 104 key(Mx Brown) [x] Corsair M65 RGB [x] WD Blue 1TB 7200 HDD, WD passport 1tb [x] Asus VN247H-P, BenQ 2420Z [x]

Cycling Gear

[x] Giant Defy 5 [x] CamelBak Classic 2L [x] Nishiki Socorro [x] Giro Bravo Blue Jewel/Black [x] Midland Xtra-Talk w/ Headset (For Group Rides) [x] Casio G-Shock G100-1BV [x] Zefal Saddle Bag [x] Giant Control Mini MTB+ Frame Pump [x] Schwinn Expanding Cage [x] 2* Giant 700c*25c Tubes - Presta Valve [x] 2* Tire Levers [x] Stanley Allen Key Set [x] Mini-Lock For Saddle Bag [x]

Forgetting to order the cpu cooler... It's been a few years and still on stock cooler :/

several arizona teas has been dropped in my mb pro 2012 altho it still works perfectly fine

CPU: i7 4790k, GPU: ASUS Strix 980 ti, Motherboard: z97x-UD5H-BK , RAM: 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws X 2133 Mhz, CPU Cooler: NH-D15, PSU: EVGA GS 850w 80+ Gold, Case: Fractal Design R5, Storage: Samsung 850 evo 250gb and WD black 1tb, Peripherals: Deathadder 2013 and G710+, Monitor: LG 29UM67.

biggest mistake buying from admi limited, bought an x1 predator as I thought it would fit with my 62mm high cpu cooler but it was 58mm because I mixed up x1 and x3 and had to deal with annoying service ergh lesson learned do alot of research before

My friend wanted me to build an ultra gaming PC. I had an i7 4790k and stuff, everything was pimped like 80+ gold PSU with like 750 watts.h100 cooler etc. And then a evga 960 as a GPU ;(

Specs: i7-4790k with Thermaltake Water 3.0, EVGA GTX 970, MSI Z97 Gaming 3, Kingston HyperX 2x8 DDR3 1600Mhz, SSD Boot Drive/1TB HD, CM Storm Stryker, EVGA Supernova G2 750W

Peripherals: SS Rival, HyperX Cloud, G710+

My friend wanted me to build an ultra gaming PC. I had an i7 4790k and stuff, everything was pimped like 80+ gold PSU with like 750 watts.h100 cooler etc. And then a evga 960 as a GPU ;(

It could have a 750ti...

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

oh here's a good one , having a raid array with the built in chip-set ... then resetting your bios and ruining your array 

done it so many times now 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

Bought a Razer Arctosa a few years back... god rid of it very fast

Buying the Raidmax Super Aeolus... and changing all fans to LED fans... That case... I swear...

Processor : i7-6700k (stock speed)

Cooler : Hyper 212X

Motherboard: MSI Krait Gaming Z170

RAM : 4x4gb LPX Memory

Boot Device : Samsung 860 EVO

GPU : ZOTAC 1070 Extreme

PSU :Antec HCG-620M

Not sure if I've told this story already, but I'll tell it anyways.

It was when I was first building my computer. All of the motherboard standoffs were built in, so I just assumed that they were all the same height. I found out the hard way that they were not. When I was placing the motherboard in the case, I had to jam it in there kind of. Then I heard some kind of crack and was like "Meh, whatever." Computer didn't post. Turns out one of the motherboard standoffs was taller. 

I broke the motherboard.

Newegg's return policy is amazing though.

COMIC SANS

Getting an FX chip. Because Ausin Evans and Teksydicate said so.......

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Getting an FX chip. Because Ausin Evans and Teksydicate said so.......

I did the same thing and now I'm regretting not getting a i3

Accidently deleting lib32.

oops.