Worst Tech mistake you have ever made?

Mitch

I take it you mean the Sata connector? If so, it should be attached to the PCB.

It could be. But he also basically removed everything but the disk itself. Even the motor for the disk is no longer connected.

Something, something, something, famous quote, computer specs, and stuff...

It could be. But he also basically removed everything but the disk itself. Even the motor for the disk is no longer connected.

He opened the hard drive up!?

He opened the hard drive up!?

Pretty much yeah. There are parts where you can see the actual disk. In fact I'm quite surprised that the drive itself hasn't fallen apart yet.

Pretty much yeah. There are parts where you can see the actual disk. In fact I'm quite surprised that the drive itself hasn't fallen apart yet.

What the?..... I Don't even..... *Sigh*

Did he use a drill or something? Hard drive cases are not exactly easy to break, he must have put some force into it.

1994... guy on my floor buys brand new windows computer (micron pentium 100mhz?)... 

first thing after power button... "format c:\"

:D

My Rigs (past and present)

What the?..... I Don't even..... *Sigh*

Did he use a drill or something? Hard drive cases are not exactly easy to break, he must have put some force into it.

Just a screwdriver. Nothing more. He did use a decent amount of force and there were some quite loud popping sounds that came from the hard drive when it happened.

Haha well I don't know if this quite counts but it was the day after christmas and I had just gotten the blackwidow ultimate and I was letting my friend play on my computer so i thought it would be funny to go get a snow ball and sneek up behind him but when I threw somehow he knew and he ducked and it directly hit my new keyboard. So yeah thank god for warranty's xD

Well one day i got home and my pc was doing some weird stuff and i though my OS had lost it. So i re-installed it and it still did it. So i pulled my whole pc apart then when i put it all back together i worked out it was the ram. So when i went to put new ram in i had it the wrong way and turn the pc on (It was not in right it was like half in half not) . After that when i went to get the cpu out of it i bent every last leg on it and i killed my video card as well :/ was not a good week. 

CPU - I9 10900 | CPU Cooler - Corsair Hydro Series H100x AIO | Motherboard -  Aorus B460 PRO AC | RAM -G.SKILL Ripjaw V series 4x8GB 2666MHZ | Graphics Card - Gigabyte RTX 3070  | Power Supply - Cooler Master 650w  | Storage -  Working on a new Spicy 

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro

Letting my parents buy a laptop for me when I was 10.... Well F**K Now I have the same one i3 + Geforce 320m + 4gb ram + Overheating like hell

Hi, I guess you just read this C:

Building my 1st computer, I accidentally thought that a cmos jumper was a fan header. 

Letting my parents buy a laptop for me when I was 10.... Well F**K Now I have the same one i3 + Geforce 320m + 4gb ram + Overheating like hell

how long ago was this?

Can be found on my profiIe

Just realized I should have gotten a bigger case since now I do want to watercool

picard-facepalm2.jpg

CPU: i9 19300k////GPU: RTX 4090////RAM: 64gb DDR5 5600mhz ////MOBO: Aorus z790 Elite////MONITORS: 3 LG 38" 3840x1600 WIDESCREEN MONITORS

Just realized I should have gotten a bigger case since now I do want to watercool

Posted Image

I know that feeling. My last case I couldn't even fit a small fan up top without pushing against my mobo.

I did not build so many PCs.

But i always forget to connect the PCIE power connector to the GPU...

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Back when i didn't know anything about computers, had a pentium 1 pc.......first i deleted the system files trying to make it run faster.......then i followed that stroke of genius by taking it apart (trying to fix it) and running it without the heat sink( soooo much smoke). Looking back i was actually pretty close to fixing it

Back when i didn't know anything about computers, had a pentium 1 pc.......first i deleted the system files trying to make it run faster.......then i followed that stroke of genius by taking it apart (trying to fix it) and running it without the heat sink( soooo much smoke). Looking back i was actually pretty close to fixing it

lol Nice. At least a 286 your probably could have run without a heatsink, maybe even some flavor of 386/486.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

My first build I made three mistakes;

1) Forgot to plug in CPU power cable so panicked thinking I had bent pins during CPU installation

2) Forgot to plug The SATA cables into my SSD and HDD, so spent nearly 2 hours trying to install my OS

3) Thought ODD's could be mounted from the front and not the back, so once I had put everything in the case my beefy 140mm CPU cooler wouldn't give me enough space to fit the ODD so I had to install the OS with ODD outside the case.

PC Enthusiast, Devourer of biscuits

Wanting to WC a Q6600 in a case that doesn't even support dual 120mm rads. Shit this CM Mystique. CM, make better cases next time. You are full of shit. I mean, your cases are so fucking cheap, I actually broke the stupid front panel just by touching it. -_-

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

This threads been blowing up sooo, contemplating buying a console.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Buying a dell.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

Buying a dell.

My Dell has been good to me. Best old Dell ever. :)

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I guess mine has too, its just the 604 Xeons are getting a little tired these days

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

dat dell 2300 series tho