Worst Tech mistake you have ever made?

Mitch

CM V8  cpu cooler.

non modular PSU.

corsair obsidian 650D

System

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K @4.5GHz - 1.230v  RAM: HyperX Fury DDR4 4x4GB 2666MHz  MB: MSI X99S SLI PLUS  CASE: NZXT H440  CPU-COOLER: Fractal Design Kelvin S24  PSU: Corsair RM1000W w/ white sleeved cable kit  GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 ARMOR  MONITOR: LG 27GL850-B  STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2, Samsung 840 EVO 256GB,  WD Red 3TB

was going to rebuild my rig in another case and i totally messed up removing my nh-d14 cpu cooler and bent the pins on my CPU. (dont drink and build!)

System

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K @4.5GHz - 1.230v  RAM: HyperX Fury DDR4 4x4GB 2666MHz  MB: MSI X99S SLI PLUS  CASE: NZXT H440  CPU-COOLER: Fractal Design Kelvin S24  PSU: Corsair RM1000W w/ white sleeved cable kit  GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 ARMOR  MONITOR: LG 27GL850-B  STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2, Samsung 840 EVO 256GB,  WD Red 3TB

Almost done with my first build just need to screw in this last fan screw!!!!!!! (screw drops behind motherboard) try to wiggle it out. Have to remove the motherboard to find it. Added an extra hour to the build. :/

(sneezes) "Sorry I'm allergic to bullshit"

Some store brand headphones, they broke on me the second day... I just have them now, now they only got one ear cuff and a microphone

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

Thrustmaster Universal Challenge. This thing is a cheap piece of Chinese shit. Wheel doesnt turn 900, buttons feel cheap, heck, even the paddles are about to fall off. The wheel is too small and cheap, while the pedals have no fuckin feel to them.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Used H80i from Fry's. LED's started dying in less than a month and it didn't come w/ the cable that connects to the USB port on the MB.

Almost done with my first build just need to screw in this last fan screw!!!!!!! (screw drops behind motherboard) try to wiggle it out. Have to remove the motherboard to find it. Added an extra hour to the build. :/

I would have just closed the case and prayed.

I would have just closed the case and prayed.

Well now I would have done the same but I would think that most people would REALLY not want to screw it up.

(sneezes) "Sorry I'm allergic to bullshit"

The case I had prior to this one... those damn thumb screws were too tight when it was fresh out of the box. Screwdriver was a little out of reach, buck knife however was within arms length. 

got the first screw loosened, no problem.

second screw was a little tougher, so i put some extra oomph into it. And wouldnt you know it... the buck knife folded shut on my left index finger, chopping clean down to the bone. Took 8 stitches to seal it up, 4 internal dissolvable stitches, 4 that I had to pull out a week or 2 later.

it was pretty gnarly. Blood everywhere. 

http://youtu.be/Hsue8KwgAu4

Needless to say, the case definitely lived up to it's name

1f17e97605.jpg

Tired of hearing people say you can't install OS X on AMD hardware. Educate yourself.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/138853-just-got-myself-into-a-fully-working-hackintosh-amd-no-less/

In my quest for better cable management I ended up bending the the pins on the USB 3 header when pulling plug thing tighter. Not my finest moment.

With my newest build I haven't even bothered to plug the front panel USBs in, it's just to much effort in a Bitfenix Prodigy.

put the side panel on before testing it :)

my computer beats all computers in a 1,000 NM radius

Mine doesn't pertain to building my own rig, so much as it does dismantling the communal desktop. At the time (last year, I really have progressed a ton) I wanted to take the computer apart and did not know that you need to replace the thermal paste after taking the heat sink off of the CPU. So I took the heat sink off, touched/smeared the thermal paste, then out the heat sink back on, then turned on he computer. When it would not post, I spent an hour trouble shooting. I have not replaced the thermal paste to see if the chip survived the numerous restarts and probably won't because i'm lazy.

Didn't plug my GPU in, couldn't for the life of me figure out what was wrong.

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

Inviting 5 of my friends up to watch me... Lets just say they were playing mw2 quickscopes on the old xbox while I was having headaches :D

Well now I would have done the same but I would think that most people would REALLY not want to screw it up.

that is punbelievable 

Just over a year ago, I dropped my brand new Nvidia 690 GTX. I had saved a couple of months to afford it and then this happend..
I was taking the old GPU out of the case when my shoulder knocked the 690 down from the table and it smashed against my stone floor.
Many feels was in the air after that happened, although I Got the money back on insurance, and bought a new 690 card.
But still I feel really dumb for what I did..  :wacko:  :wacko:  :P

Dormant topic again? What happened? This used to be at the top, like other hot topics.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

putting my motherboard on the antistatic wrap.

What's the problem with that?

I did that after watching carry holsman do it.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."