GTX 970 Owners Club

G1 Gaming is FAR superior.

Other than G1, Zotac AMP extreme and Classified of EVGA are top notch too

Other than G1, Zotac AMP extreme and Classified of EVGA are top notch too

AMP Extreme is actually alot of trouble, the VRM's are built terribly and no such thing as a 970 Classified.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

AMP Extreme is actually alot of trouble, the VRM's are built terribly and no such thing as a 970 Classified.

I had good experience with the AMP. Guess I was just lucky? I rarely deal with EVGA due to lack of availability in my country, so I don't know about 970 not having classified =P

Finally, changed the stock cooler to EK-FC970 GTX W3x waterblock for my G1 Gaming GTX 970. So far, im pleased with the temperature :)

Thanks to @LeighPing for the videos before.
image.jpg

I5 4690K | G1 GTX970 SLI | Z97 Extreme4 | 16GB Avexir Raiden 2133Mhz | Seasonic P-760 | 1.5TB HDD | 128GB SSD | Swiftech H240x | EK-FC970 WF3 Waterblock x2 Windows 10 Home 64Bit | AOC GP2460PQU 144Hz | NZXT Source 530 | 3x CM Jetflo Blue 120mm | 2x Swiftech Helix 140mm | 120mm GTS Radiator | 240mm GTS Radiator 

Finally, changed the stock cooler to EK-FC970 GTX W3x waterblock for my G1 Gaming GTX 970. So far, im pleased with the temperature :)

image.jpg

Are you running a aftermarket bios?

Are you running a aftermarket bios?

Hi Gofspar, :)

Im still using the factory bios. I havnt tried any of custom bios yet. Why? Do u have any suggestion?

I5 4690K | G1 GTX970 SLI | Z97 Extreme4 | 16GB Avexir Raiden 2133Mhz | Seasonic P-760 | 1.5TB HDD | 128GB SSD | Swiftech H240x | EK-FC970 WF3 Waterblock x2 Windows 10 Home 64Bit | AOC GP2460PQU 144Hz | NZXT Source 530 | 3x CM Jetflo Blue 120mm | 2x Swiftech Helix 140mm | 120mm GTS Radiator | 240mm GTS Radiator 

Hi Gofspar, :)

Im still using the factory bios. I havnt tried any of custom bios yet. Why? Do u have any suggestion?

Since you are under water I can make you a custom water bios

Since you are under water I can make you a custom water bios

Oh, what would be the difference then , among other custom bios u had made?

Is there any risk? Damaging, bricking the card?

Do i need to provide my card bios?

Oh, what would be the difference then , among other custom bios u had made?

Is there any risk? Damaging, bricking the card?

Do i need to provide my card bios?

Yeah i'd like your card bios, you can't damage the card nor brick it because of the dual bios.

where do you fid this ? my program just tells me what im actually running and not 2000 and whatever. and why would he just say that hes running 8000Mhz then ?

If you use MSI afterburner it will only show you 1/2 of your bandwidth while GPU-Z will show you 1/4 of the bandwidth.

I love free stuff.

GTX 970 with pseudo 4gb vram at pseudo 224gb/s at pseudo  256-bit with 56 ROPs (corrected from 64) and 1.75mb L2 cache (corrected from 2mb).

Yeah i'd like your card bios, you can't damage the card nor brick it because of the dual bios.

Here is my bios, is this correct?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/otzd8x3sr3wt0ko/GM204%20-%203teng%20Bios.rom?dl=0

So another day, another thought:  Should I push the voltage on my G1 even more?  It's 1.3v right now, but the temperatures aren't really a problem from what I've seen, only thing that hits it is Furmark, but that's furmark.

I don't think it's really a good idea, because I'm afraid I'll kill the VRMs, but still, that power is tempting.

If you use MSI afterburner it will only show you 1/2 of your bandwidth while GPU-Z will show you 1/4 of the bandwidth.

I use asus gpu tweak. Its just simple to use
Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9bWPCis6PSZbmNpTzViQnZwTHM/view?usp=sharing

you can run this 24/7 and gives you a nice TDP boost, no throttle boost tables and 1.3v. you should see MASSIVE gains on your core clock.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9bWPCis6PSZbmNpTzViQnZwTHM/view?usp=sharing

you can run this 24/7 and gives you a nice TDP boost, no throttle boost tables and 1.3v. you should see MASSIVE gains on your core clock.

Wow. thanks alot :D anything should i know before use new bios?

How to pray. :D

Just kidding, his BIOS's are good. :)

Set your voltage to +0 and enjoy. I added some extra TDP so max out your power target slider

Set your voltage to +0 and enjoy. I added some extra TDP so max out your power target slider

I think I asked this before, but if you increased the voltage on afterburner, would it do anything or does the voltage in the bios override it?

Or do you not increase it because it can get dangerous if it's not on water?

I think I asked this before, but if you increased the voltage on afterburner, would it do anything or does the voltage in the bios override it?

Or do you not increase it because it can get dangerous if it's not on water?

the bios overrides it so theres no point

Hey guys, just got my new g1 970 and I think I got a decent one, had another one that wasn't that great got at +150 core and +300 mem, exchanged it and now I can bring my ideal of  1500 core (171) and 2000 mem (500) with a stable 71C at max. Thanks Gofspar

The temperature jump from stock to custom bios seemed to be about 3 degrees higher but that could have been the surroundings as I did it at night

Was just wondering if replacing stock paste with artic mx4 will help temps much or if its too much of a hassle as I heard some g1 cards have a messy application but other people say that there is no need.

Used the 1.275V bios

Hey guys, just got my new g1 970 and I think I got a decent one, had another one that wasn't that great got at +150 core and +300 mem, exchanged it and now I can bring my ideal of  1500 core (171) and 2000 mem (500) with a stable 71C at max. Thanks Gofspar

The temperature jump from stock to custom bios seemed to be about 3 degrees higher but that could have been the surroundings as I did it at night

Was just wondering if replacing stock paste with artic mx4 will help temps much or if its too much of a hassle as I heard some g1 cards have a messy application but other people say that there is no need.

Used the 1.275V bios

Is the 71c in games or on torture tests like furmark?

Is the 71c in games or on torture tests like furmark?

Just Valley and Heaven for about an hour each, I will come back in an hour with furmark

Just Valley and Heaven for about an hour each, I will come back in an hour with furmark

Well you shouldn't need Furmark.  71C seems kinda high for 1.275V.  I would play some games and not synthetics to see how the temps look.

Yeah furmark had an initial spike to 73 then settled to around 60

Lara croft had a easy 50, btw has anyone noticed that Lara's hands are like gigantic for her, like she has the biggest manliest hands in the game