GTX 970 Owners Club

Is anyone having weird memory OC issues with the latest driver? 347.88, when I try overclocking the memory it always resets to 0 no matter what I do.  GPU core,and Power Limit work fine.

I then flashed the OPs 1.262 ROM and it didn't fix the memory OC either.

@Gofspar

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Is anyone having weird memory OC issues with the latest driver? 347.88, when I try overclocking the memory it always resets to 0 no matter what I do.  GPU core,and Power Limit work fine.

I then flashed the OPs 1.262 ROM and it didn't fix the memory OC either.

@Gofspar

I've never had a issue, I think its just you. you cant control memory states through bios

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

I've never had a issue, I think its just you. you cant control memory states through bios

Really weird then, cos it just started happening.  I usually don't leave my GPU OC'd, I use MSI AB profiles when I play games that need that extra power, but none of them work for the memory OC right now. ):

Really weird then, cos it just started happening.  I usually don't leave my GPU OC'd, I use MSI AB profiles when I play games that need that extra power, but none of them work for the memory OC right now. ):

did you update to the latest drivers? I heard they fucked shit up

did you update to the latest drivers? I heard they fucked shit up

Yeah I did, 347.88 is what I'm on now.  Might try to do a driver revert and see.

I also noticed with your first ROM the GPU clocks never come down from their high power state.  It's been at 1177Mhz no matter what I do.  Wouldn't this be counter to your effort in implementing 0 fan mode since it's generating more heat in the first place with the static clocks?  Mem clocks seems to be at max as well.

Yeah I did, 347.88 is what I'm on now.  Might try to do a driver revert and see.

I also noticed with your first ROM the GPU clocks never come down from their high power state.  It's been at 1177Mhz no matter what I do.  Wouldn't this be counter to your effort in implementing 0 fan mode since it's generating more heat in the first place with the static clocks?  Mem clocks seems to be at max as well.

It throttles down for me. yet again probably drivers.

1.275 and 1.262 have the same clock state tables which are stock.

It throttles down for me. yet again probably drivers.

1.275 and 1.262 have the same clock state tables which are stock.

What driver version are you currently on?  Might try the exact same one and see how it goes :)

What driver version are you currently on?  Might try the exact same one and see how it goes :)

I actually forgot since my PC is not together atm, my CPU comes tonight. ill reply tonigh

I don't know if it's just me, but I can't seem to find the bios for Hynix G1 on the first post. =/

LinusTechTips GTX 970 Owners club

This is for me and other peoples assorted bios's for GTX 970's and for owners to just hang out and chat about their overclocking adventures and other things.

CUSTOM BIOS

disclaimer if you break yo shit like a doofus not my fault, kappa.

Gigabyte G1 GAMING GTX 970 BIOS's

1.262 /w (stock voltage) /w nospin fan mode, TDP increase and anti throttle boost tables. http://bit.ly/1FQDSgH (I run this 24/7 @ 1556mhz core and 2035mhz mem.)

1.275 /w added TDP, nospin fan mode and anti throttle boost tables. http://bit.ly/1OoW45c

1.3v /w TDP, nospin fan mode, fixed boost tables and some other little clock state tweaks for 1600mhz+ OCing. http://bit.ly/1GIVZnw (This is my 980 killer bios and is safe to run 24/7 because G1 Gaming cards are overbuilt.)

ASUS STRIX GTX 970 BIOS's

1.262 /w (stock voltage) TDP increase and anti throttle boost tables.

1.275 /w TDP increase and anti throttle boost tables.

1.3v /w TDP increase and anti throttle boost tables.

FLASHING TOOLS AND BIOS EDITORS:

Nvflash with cert bypass: http://bit.ly/1xi0ekq

Maxwell Bios Tweaker: http://bit.ly/1BajOQ8

More cards to be added if people send me their BIOS in this thread.

Just wanted to pop in and give thanks, got my 970 g1 up to 1615 on the core for benchmarks and a 24/7 overclock of 1590 on the core. To bad mine is a Hynix card and memory doesnt like to overclocck very well. 

I actually forgot since my PC is not together atm, my CPU comes tonight. ill reply tonigh

Definitely seems to have been the driver.  Switched back to 347.52 and everything seems to be working perfect now :D

Just wanted to pop in and give thanks, got my 970 g1 up to 1615 on the core for benchmarks and a 24/7 overclock of 1590 on the core. To bad mine is a Hynix card and memory doesnt like to overclocck very well. 

they are cross compatiable. :D

Not sure if  you meant to reply to me or him lol. So it would be fine for me to flash any of the 3 G1 bios? I have Hynix so I just have to make sure.

Better than the clock I got on my G1.  1.3v 1585 boost clock, don't want to increase the voltage anymore.  Also yea, wish Hynix memory had a better overclock possibility compared to samsung.

Better than the clock I got on my G1.  1.3v 1585 boost clock, don't want to increase the voltage anymore.  Also yea, wish Hynix memory had a better overclock possibility compared to samsung.

I got a good one I was able to break the 1575 mark on 1.275v and don't really want to push it in much farther because the define R5 doesn't have the best airflow and it is driving up the temps and I don't want to run the case fans any faster to keep everything really quiet.

I got a good one I was able to break the 1575 mark on 1.75v and don't really want to push it in much farther because the define R5 doesn't have the best airflow and it is driving up the temps and I don't want to run the case fans any faster to keep everything really quiet.

You probably won't really drive up temps too hard except in shit like furmark.  But yea, 1575 at (what I'm assuming 1.275 is pretty good.

LinusTechTips GTX 970 Owners club

This is for me and other peoples assorted bios's for GTX 970's and for owners to just hang out and chat about their overclocking adventures and other things.

CUSTOM BIOS

disclaimer if you break yo shit like a doofus not my fault, kappa.

Gigabyte G1 GAMING GTX 970 BIOS's

1.262 /w (stock voltage) /w nospin fan mode, TDP increase and anti throttle boost tables. http://bit.ly/1FQDSgH (I run this 24/7 @ 1556mhz core and 2035mhz mem.)

1.275 /w added TDP, nospin fan mode and anti throttle boost tables. http://bit.ly/1OoW45c

1.3v /w TDP, nospin fan mode, fixed boost tables and some other little clock state tweaks for 1600mhz+ OCing. http://bit.ly/1GIVZnw (This is my 980 killer bios and is safe to run 24/7 because G1 Gaming cards are overbuilt.)

ASUS STRIX GTX 970 BIOS's

1.262 /w (stock voltage) TDP increase and anti throttle boost tables.

1.275 /w TDP increase and anti throttle boost tables.

1.3v /w TDP increase and anti throttle boost tables.

FLASHING TOOLS AND BIOS EDITORS:

Nvflash with cert bypass: http://bit.ly/1xi0ekq

Maxwell Bios Tweaker: http://bit.ly/1BajOQ8

More cards to be added if people send me their BIOS in this thread.

Mine overclocks like garbage. My main one can easily get to 1600Mhz, but my second one... Not so much... It can only get to 1455....

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600 Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: 32Gb DDR4  GPU(s): MSI 6800-XT Case: NZXT H440 Storage: 4x 250gb SSD + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM850x with CableMod Displays: 1 x Asus ROG Swift And 3 x 24" 1080p Cooling: H100i Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Sound: AKG 553 Operating System: Windows 10

Current PC: 

http://i.imgur.com/ubYSO3f.jpg          http://i.imgur.com/xhpDcqd.jpg

I have your g1 gaming hynix rom that you posted before.. is it still ok or should I download the new rom?

Another question, should I go with the 1.3v rom if I'm in a tropical country with no ac? Although I think my case airflow is decent. My case is a CM 690III with a window so no 200mm side fan, but all fan slots are populated.

Thanks!

I love free stuff.

GTX 970 with pseudo 4gb vram at pseudo 224gb/s at pseudo  256-bit with 56 ROPs (corrected from 64) and 1.75mb L2 cache (corrected from 2mb).

I have your g1 gaming hynix rom that you posted before.. is it still ok or should I download the new rom?

Another question, should I go with the 1.3v rom if I'm in a tropical country with no ac? Although I think my case airflow is decent. My case is a CM 690III with a window so no 200mm side fan, but all fan slots are populated.

Thanks!

It'll work just fine. :D

I've determined the problem being GF Experience.  With it turned on, GPU and Mem clocks don't downclock and stay high no matter what you do.  Only if you turn it off and restart does it fix it.

Help. I think I bricked my card. :(

Although I still have display though probably due to the integrated gpu on my 4670k.

After flashing the 1.3vHynix.rom I can't enable the driver of the gpu on device manager and gpu-z doesn't recognize some columns.

I did disable the GPU driver on device manager before flashing the custom rom. After restarting, I manually restarted my pc though or does it automatically restart? I enabled the GPU driver, but has a yellow exclamation mark on it and MSI Afterburner doesn't recognize the card.

e0f.png

So, did I just bricked my card? What should I do now?

Can I reflash my default vbios with HDMI like what I did with the custom rom or do I need to do the official way on Gigabyte's website (with DVI)?

Can I flash another custom rom even though I think I just bricked my card?

Thanks!

P.S. Still trying to be calm and keep my cool. Lol.

I love free stuff.

GTX 970 with pseudo 4gb vram at pseudo 224gb/s at pseudo  256-bit with 56 ROPs (corrected from 64) and 1.75mb L2 cache (corrected from 2mb).

It'll work just fine. :D

Help. :)

See my post above.

Edit:

I didn't close GFE. Should I've closed it before flashing?

I love free stuff.