GTX 970 Owners Club

@Gofspar , what ASIC should a Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming get?

Mine is worse, its not even stable at factory settings.

65-75, it's a cpu or motherboard problem, I've tested 5 G1 Gamings and ALL of them have been exceptional.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

Not yet Gofspar, stil dont have the confident in myself(im sure your bioses are good from all the tertimonies). I might try it after finish downlaoding gta V and try it out myself.

Btw, may i ask why u asked me that?

Thanks.

Just wondering, really excited to see results under water

65-75, it's a cpu or motherboard problem, I've tested 5 G1 Gamings and ALL of them have been exceptional.

I was thinking along those lines, but with all 3 of my motherboards - P5K-VM (Pentium 4, Core 2 Duo, Xeon), P5Q Turbo (E6500K, QX6850) and H87M (i5 4440)- I have issues. I just got a card with a serious defect. (Which happens with all companies with each product at some stage)

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I was thinking along those lines, but with all 3 of my motherboards - P5K-VM (Pentium 4, Core 2 Duo, Xeon), P5Q Turbo (E6500K, QX6850) and H87M (i5 4440)- I have issues. I just got a card with a serious defect. (Which happens with all companies with each product at some stage)

If you have to break the card then RMA it, I can gjve you a bios that will essentially break it or just pick a cap off the back of the gpu core

If you have to break the card then RMA it, I can gjve you a bios that will essentially break it or just pick a cap off the back of the gpu core

Already broke it (I think), I was testing my first bios mod with it and it was barely stable and whining like crazy-now its only recognized or even working half of the time. (Which TBH isn't that different from before I did the Bios mod).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

That's wierd whats the model make of your G1 Gaming?

Where can I see it? GPU-Z? or in the box?

What do you mean by wierd?

Here is my asic score, what does overclocking (water/dice/ln2) means?

higher score means, bad overclocking on water? is it like that?

image.jpg

I5 4690K | G1 GTX970 SLI | Z97 Extreme4 | 16GB Avexir Raiden 2133Mhz | Seasonic P-760 | 1.5TB HDD | 128GB SSD | Swiftech H240x | EK-FC970 WF3 Waterblock x2 Windows 10 Home 64Bit | AOC GP2460PQU 144Hz | NZXT Source 530 | 3x CM Jetflo Blue 120mm | 2x Swiftech Helix 140mm | 120mm GTS Radiator | 240mm GTS Radiator 

image.jpg

ASIC quality refers to voltage leakage. High ASIC means less leakage and low ASIC obviously means more. Lower ASIC is better for extreme cooling because you need to add voltage (heat) to get a better overclock. That's why low ASIC is good for water/ln2/etc and high is good for stock/air. [Lower ASIC = lower volt (needed for oc) = less heat] vs [Higher ASIC = higher volt (needed for oc) = more hear (which is why it's better for water/ln2)

image.jpg

you want a low asic on water, for your setup your card is meh, If you had my card it would be 1600mhz+ 24/7 rofl

Few questions about the G1 970 since I'm thinking about getting one when I have some money to spend.

1 - What's the absolute max voltage you can run the card at without physically modding it, and how strong is the VRM?

2 - Do the G1s come with Samsung chips, or Hynix? And what would end up being a good over clock for the memory?

LTT's fastest Valley 970, slowest Valley Basic and Extreme HD scores

Desktop || CPU - i5 4690k || Motherboard - ASUS Gryphon Z97 || RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz || GPU - Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 *Cough* 3.5GB || Case - Fractal Design Define R5 || HDD - Seagate Barracuda 160GB || PSU - Corsair AX760

Few questions about the G1 970 since I'm thinking about getting one when I have some money to spend.

1 - What's the absolute max voltage you can run the card at without physically modding it, and how strong is the VRM?

2 - Do the G1s come with Samsung chips, or Hynix? And what would end up being a good over clock for the memory?

1 - The max voltage I don't really know, but I think it's like 1.3v probably?  I dunno, the VRMs are really strong because they're cooled by the stock cooler.

2 - It's a flip of the coin.  They can come with either, mine came with Hynix, @Gofspar came with Samsung.

I see, thanks alot for explanation :)

I5 4690K | G1 GTX970 SLI | Z97 Extreme4 | 16GB Avexir Raiden 2133Mhz | Seasonic P-760 | 1.5TB HDD | 128GB SSD | Swiftech H240x | EK-FC970 WF3 Waterblock x2 Windows 10 Home 64Bit | AOC GP2460PQU 144Hz | NZXT Source 530 | 3x CM Jetflo Blue 120mm | 2x Swiftech Helix 140mm | 120mm GTS Radiator | 240mm GTS Radiator 

Can i get one for the MSI 970 1.3 i tried making my own a while back and i couldnt make it stay at 1.3. Thanks my card stock hits 1600mhz but artifacts becasue im out of power 1.25 is what it runs stock. 

CPU:I7-4790K @ 4.8ghz MOTHERBOARD:MSI-Z97-G45 Ram:G-SKILL SNIPER 8GB 1866 GPU:Msi GTX 970 4G COOLER:PHANTEK PH TC14PE BK 3 FAN CONFIG PSU:Roswell Lightning 1300W HDD: 1TB WD, 2TB SEGATE Mushkin 120GB SSD CASE:COOLER MASTER HAF 922

1 - The max voltage I don't really know, but I think it's like 1.3v probably?  I dunno, the VRMs are really strong because they're cooled by the stock cooler.

2 - It's a flip of the coin.  They can come with either, mine came with Hynix, @Gofspar came with Samsung.

Well, if Gofspar can hit 1600 at 1.3, that might have to suffice unless I get a good card that can hit that kind of speed too.

Hmm, any way of making the card RMA worthy if I get one with Hynix chips? I'd love to get my hands on some Samsung chips to see how much further they go

LTT's fastest Valley 970, slowest Valley Basic and Extreme HD scores

Desktop || CPU - i5 4690k || Motherboard - ASUS Gryphon Z97 || RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz || GPU - Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 *Cough* 3.5GB || Case - Fractal Design Define R5 || HDD - Seagate Barracuda 160GB || PSU - Corsair AX760

Hi! I don`t know if someone has had similar problem with G1 Gaming. So the problem is that with 1.3v bios the core voltage actually doesn`t go over 1.27v. Nothing tragic, but with this bios I still get the same OC results as with stock. BTW I copied OP`s bios settings in to mine bios, because original 1.3v bios didn`t work at all for me.

CPU-delided i5-4670k@4.6Ghz 1.42v R.I.P (2013-2015) MOBO-Asus Maximus VI Gene GPU-Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming@1582Mhz core/3744Mhz memory COOLING-Corsair H60 RAM-1x8Gb Crucial ballistix tactical tracer@2133Mhz 11-12-12-26  DRIVES-Kingston V300 60Gb, OCZ trion 100 120Gb, WD Red 1Tb
2nd  fastest i5 4670k in GPUPI for CPU - 100M

is the ACIS really that important...

Im running dual 970´s strix, bought them used, at a friend, he bought a Titan, they ran SILENT coilwhine wise, and thats more important for me than anything else... they ar 58.7 and 59.2% ACIS, so they FIT :-) (both really poor)..

haven´t tried extreme OC, ran them at +200 boost guess its around 1465 mhz or something ran stable Valley... haven´t tried more... not raised the voltage level of the card..

Vendors does not exchange CPU´s for bad OC´ing, i don´t think they would do it with GPU´s for bad ACIS..

mine runs 71-70 in Valley benchmark, so they are not cold, but bought them used, 6 months old, so im stuck with them, but happy.. THEY are coil whine free, so.. F*** it..

at +260 they crash so guess mines not running over 1500 mhz without fidling with voltage.

of course it would have been nice to have a cooler system, that i must admit.

valley.PNG

Hi! I don`t know if someone has had similar problem with G1 Gaming. So the problem is that with 1.3v bios the core voltage actually doesn`t go over 1.27v. Nothing tragic, but with this bios I still get the same OC results as with stock. BTW I copied OP`s bios settings in to mine bios, because original 1.3v bios didn`t work at all for me.

Yeah, you are supposed to copy it into your stock bios, flashing it directly could result in a brick because different gen cards.

Also it's actually 1.323v going into the card measured it with a multimeter.

GPU-Z doesn't report anything above 1.275

Can i get one for the MSI 970 1.3 i tried making my own a while back and i couldnt make it stay at 1.3. Thanks my card stock hits 1600mhz but artifacts becasue im out of power 1.25 is what it runs stock. 

send me your bios, i'll make you one

send me your bios, i'll make you one

i found a guy that recored a video of this site a while ago found your dl link and made one with the updated bios but didnt help with the oc ill just leave it as is stil pretty high oc i have

CPU:I7-4790K @ 4.8ghz MOTHERBOARD:MSI-Z97-G45 Ram:G-SKILL SNIPER 8GB 1866 GPU:Msi GTX 970 4G COOLER:PHANTEK PH TC14PE BK 3 FAN CONFIG PSU:Roswell Lightning 1300W HDD: 1TB WD, 2TB SEGATE Mushkin 120GB SSD CASE:COOLER MASTER HAF 922

Yeah, you are supposed to copy it into your stock bios, flashing it directly could result in a brick because different gen cards.

Also it's actually 1.323v going into the card measured it with a multimeter.

GPU-Z doesn't report anything above 1.275

So basicly core voltage is going higher, but programms like GPU-Z and Afterburner can't read higher than 1.275v ? Thanks for the help.

CPU-delided i5-4670k@4.6Ghz 1.42v R.I.P (2013-2015) MOBO-Asus Maximus VI Gene GPU-Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming@1582Mhz core/3744Mhz memory COOLING-Corsair H60 RAM-1x8Gb Crucial ballistix tactical tracer@2133Mhz 11-12-12-26  DRIVES-Kingston V300 60Gb, OCZ trion 100 120Gb, WD Red 1Tb
2nd  fastest i5 4670k in GPUPI for CPU - 100M

So basicly core voltage is going higher, but programms like GPU-Z and Afterburner can't read higher than 1.275v ? Thanks for the help.

Yeah.

Replaced the thermal paste on my G1 Gaming and got a 12c drop in temps

Replaced the thermal paste on my G1 Gaming and got a 12c drop in temps

Whoa, nice, do you void your warranty?

I have an idea, RMA my G1 970 because "undervolting", and the reality is that my card has some coil whine but also can't go over 1480Mhz without hitting a wall.

but I have a Samsung one, and that is stable with 4000Mhz 24/7

Try to RMA or nah?

So i have used your Gtx 970 G1 Gaming bios as a reference to my bios saved. Flashed the latest F42 bios then saved and used your values in mine. The thing is when i used it (Copy and Paste pretty much) i couldnt get over 1417 i think is what it was. So i had went in and changed the Boost Clock in Common to 1600 and the Memory Clock to 4000. Then i changed the Max Table Clock To 1607.5. The boost states on P00 & P02 MAX to 1607.5 and the clock state to 4000 on P00 DDR. This overclock is super stable and only getting to 45C at Max. The Voltage reads 1.275, but i read thats normal. Im wondering if you can make me a more powerful bios? i feel like i have a great card and get get more. I have even tested this bios on 3 games with no problem and my micro stutter? (Think thats what its called) is gone even past 3.5 usage. Shadow of Mordor on Max 1080 benchmark is 88fps. Gta 5 i run DSR 1440p at 45-60 fps Ultra/Maxed No AA. Any input would be great

Also if i upload my Bios can you mod it for me. Or check the one im using now. I believe that if someone could tune this more i could get more. Thank you

System Specs:

CPU - i5 4690k Overclocked to 4.7ghz. RAM - Corsair Vengence (2x4) 8gb 2133. Motherboard - Asus ROG VII Hero. GPU - GTX 970 at 1600/8000 (Model: GV-N970G1 Gaming-4gd). PSU - Corsair CX600M. Fully Custom water Cooled (1x360, 1x240 Rads, EK Supremacy Evo CPU Block, EK GTX 970 G1 Waterblock, EK DDC PWM Pump, EK 250 Res)

http://imageshack.com/a/img673/4008/zusdyS.jpg

So i have used your Gtx 970 G1 Gaming bios as a reference to my bios saved. Flashed the latest F42 bios then saved and used your values in mine. The thing is when i used it (Copy and Paste pretty much) i couldnt get over 1417 i think is what it was. So i had went in and changed the Boost Clock in Common to 1600 and the Memory Clock to 4000. Then i changed the Max Table Clock To 1607.5. The boost states on P00 & P02 MAX to 1607.5 and the clock state to 4000 on P00 DDR. This overclock is super stable and only getting to 45C at Max. The Voltage reads 1.275, but i read thats normal. Im wondering if you can make me a more powerful bios? i feel like i have a great card and get get more. I have even tested this bios on 3 games with no problem and my micro stutter? (Think thats what its called) is gone even past 3.5 usage. Shadow of Mordor on Max 1080 benchmark is 88fps. Gta 5 i run DSR 1440p at 45-60 fps Ultra/Maxed No AA. Any input would be great

Also if i upload my Bios can you mod it for me. Or check the one im using now. I believe that if someone could tune this more i could get more. Thank you

System Specs:

CPU - i5 4690k Overclocked to 4.7ghz. RAM - Corsair Vengence (2x4) 8gb 2133. Motherboard - Asus ROG VII Hero. GPU - GTX 970 at 1600/8000 (Model: GV-N970G1 Gaming-4gd). PSU - Corsair CX600M. Fully Custom water Cooled (1x360, 1x240 Rads, EK Supremacy Evo CPU Block, EK GTX 970 G1 Waterblock, EK DDC PWM Pump, EK 250 Res)

http://imageshack.com/a/img673/4008/zusdyS.jpg

throw me your bios, i'll give you my best.

(Finally someone I can dual with, yesterday I did at 1615 run in 3dmark and set the record for the fastest stock cooler card in the world, beat all of the water cooled 970's too.)