GTX 970 Owners Club

Try restarting your PC or reinstalling the drivers with "Display Driver Uninstaller" from Guru3D

I restarted my PC twice already. I guess I'll try to reinstall the driver.

I love free stuff.

GTX 970 with pseudo 4gb vram at pseudo 224gb/s at pseudo  256-bit with 56 ROPs (corrected from 64) and 1.75mb L2 cache (corrected from 2mb).

What's in the BIOS...

Thats the stock bios i posted per his request on front page

Hmm.. can I flash another vbios again with another custom rom with HDMI again or am I risking to irreversibly (assuming I can still reverse it) bricking my gpu?

Should I use a DVI output on flashing back the original rom?

Should I flash the original rom through a flash drive which some of the guides are saying on how to unbrick a failed gpu flash or flash the original rom by gigabyte's instruction with DVI outputs?

I know the risk, I just need help guys. 

I hope I can still atleast flash the original rom back.

Thanks. :)

I love free stuff.

GTX 970 with pseudo 4gb vram at pseudo 224gb/s at pseudo  256-bit with 56 ROPs (corrected from 64) and 1.75mb L2 cache (corrected from 2mb).

Hmm.. can I flash another vbios again with another custom rom with HDMI again or am I risking to irreversibly (assuming I can still reverse it) bricking my gpu?

Should I use a DVI output on flashing back the original rom?

Should I flash the original rom through a flash drive which some of the guides are saying on how to unbrick a failed gpu flash or flash the original rom by gigabyte's instruction with DVI outputs?

I know the risk, I just need help guys. 

I hope I can still atleast flash the original rom back.

Thanks. :)

@Gofspar

11070188_987088154636380_784933903600865

Just finished reinstalling the drivers and still no luck. :(

I love free stuff.

11070188_987088154636380_784933903600865

Just finished reinstalling the drivers and still no luck. :(

How did you flash it, I've NEVER had anybody brick a card on my bios, what I do to flash is just drag the bios into nvflash and when it prompts to flash I hit yes.

I'll PM you a new rom and test a theory

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

I think I manage to corrupt both vbios. The first vbios I think got corrupted when I tried to update my vbios with gigabytes' own vbios updater without disabling the driver (I really don't know what I'm doing then). It went black and then the second vbios kicked in as a failsafe which I didn't know at the time before I try to flash your custom vbios. Now, I tried to flash a your custom bios and for some reason it failed. And then after digging in the internet I suspect both vbios are corrupted, first vbios got corrupted when I tried to update my vbios although at that time I didn't know that I just corrupted the first one and then the second, I tried to flash your custom vbios and for some reason it failed.

Edit:

What should I do now? xD

Do the flash drive way or do gigabyte's way of updating vbios, but in this case, I'll flash the original rom back.

Thanks!

I love free stuff.

I think I manage to corrupt both vbios. The first vbios I think got corrupted when I tried to update my vbios with gigabytes' own vbios updater without disabling the driver (I really don't know what I'm doing then). It went black and then the second vbios kicked in as a failsafe which I didn't know at the time before I try to flash your custom vbios. Now, I tried to flash a your custom bios and for some reason it failed. And then after digging in the internet I suspect both vbios are corrupted, first vbios got corrupted when I tried to update my vbios although at that time I didn't know that I just corrupted the first one and then the second, I tried to flash your custom vbios and for some reason it failed.

Edit:

What should I do now? xD

Do the flash drive way or do gigabyte's way of updating vbios, but in this case, I'll flash the original rom back.

Thanks!

you HAVE to disable the card in device manager or you fuck your card. try to reflash my 1.3v

you HAVE to disable the card in device manager or you fuck your card. try to reflash my 1.3v

On my second (which I thought was my first) attempt, I did everything right. I disabled the card in the device manager before flashing your custom rom and even closed MSI Afterburner, but I forgot to close geforce experience and then everything went smooth.. my screen didn't even blinked and then it says I need to restart. And after I restarted I enabled the cards and then it's history.

Edit:

Okay, I'll try.

I love free stuff.

IT WORKED!!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

I thought I just lost 450ish usd which is equivalent on how much I bought it on my local currency.

Can I reflash the stock rom the same way I flashed your custom bios?

Thanks!

I love free stuff.

IT WORKED!!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

I thought I just lost 450ish usd which is equivalent on how much I bought it on my local currency.

Can I reflash the stock rom the same way I flashed your custom bios?

Thanks!

yeah, but dont you wana OC the shit out of it? <3

yeah, but dont you wana OC the shit out of it? <3

I will. :)

Just in case sh!t happens and I need to send the card for warranty or if I got uncomfortable about the temps since I'm living in a tropical country with no A/C on my house.

I love free stuff.

I will. :)

Just in case sh!t happens and I need to send the card for warranty or if I got uncomfortable about the temps since I'm living in a tropical country with no A/C on my house.

That is some scary stuff man, I would have panicked badly.

That is some scary stuff man, I would have panicked badly.

I was about to cry lol, but I was not gonna let my 970 die and poured all my energy on researching possible solutions on the web.

And thanks for the timely intervention of gospher because I was losing hope on finding a possible solution for my beloved 970. xD

Anyway, how do you tag someone in a post?

I love free stuff.

@ + the name of the person you want to tag. no space.

System:

Intel Core i5 4690k @ 3.5Ghz, MSI z97 PC Mate, Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 gaming, 4x2 Kingston HyperX blu 1600Mhz, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm, Corsair CX600M PSU, Corsair AF120 Performance edition 3x, Xigmatek Stock fans 3x, Xigmatek Mach PC Case, Asus VX239H 1080p IPS LED 23". 

Hi everyone. I've got a GTX 970 ( G1 Gaming ) and am wondering how I should go about overclocking it. Can anyone give some advice please? I'm just not sure about what each settings do, which to change and whats my safe ( ish ) zone for my card. Thanks

Computer Spec: CPU: i5 4690K @ 4.85GHz Delided    Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Hero    RAM: Corsair Vengence 2*4GB    GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970    PSU: Corsair RM650    Boot Drive: Crucial MX100 256GB SSD    Storage: 1TB WD Blue HDD   Case: NZXT H440 Red and Black 

Cooling: EK PWM D5 Pump & EK 140ML RES Combo unit , EK Supremacy Evo CPU Block , 360mm Alphacool Radiator , 3 Noctua NF-F12 Fans on the radiator , Some fancy fittings

Hi everyone. I've got a GTX 970 ( G1 Gaming ) and am wondering how I should go about overclocking it. Can anyone give some advice please? I'm just not sure about what each settings do, which to change and whats my safe ( ish ) zone for my card. Thanks

max the voltage and TDP and have fun.

max the voltage and TDP and have fun.

Have fun with which settings? 

Will max voltage not brick the card?

Computer Spec: CPU: i5 4690K @ 4.85GHz Delided    Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Hero    RAM: Corsair Vengence 2*4GB    GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970    PSU: Corsair RM650    Boot Drive: Crucial MX100 256GB SSD    Storage: 1TB WD Blue HDD   Case: NZXT H440 Red and Black 

Cooling: EK PWM D5 Pump & EK 140ML RES Combo unit , EK Supremacy Evo CPU Block , 360mm Alphacool Radiator , 3 Noctua NF-F12 Fans on the radiator , Some fancy fittings

Nvidia limits the voltage to safe levels.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

hey guys! i too have a GTX 970 and was looking to overclock, any ideas on some clocks to set? i have the PNY Reference cooler. sorry i know...reference...

Suko-Vidia

adjusting the core clock and memory clock :)

I love free stuff.

@bossdre , how did your new OC go? 

System:

Intel Core i5 4690k @ 3.5Ghz, MSI z97 PC Mate, Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 gaming, 4x2 Kingston HyperX blu 1600Mhz, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm, Corsair CX600M PSU, Corsair AF120 Performance edition 3x, Xigmatek Stock fans 3x, Xigmatek Mach PC Case, Asus VX239H 1080p IPS LED 23".