GTX 970 Owners Club

I had a feeling that was the case.

You should see what you can OC your shit to.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

You should see what you can OC your shit to.

Im going to do some more tinkering tonight.

I suspect i can beat Luke's overclock by a fair margin.

I OC'ed my EVGA 970 SSC to 1502 and After Burner is claiming it max's at 1550, odd?

i7 920 @ 3.5 GHz / Gigabyte X58-USB3 / Corsair H100i / 12gb Kingston Hyper X Blu / EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+ / 120gb SanDisk Extreme II / 650w PowerCool / Phanteks Enthoo Pro / TTe Sports Challenger Ultimate / TTe Sports Black Element / Corsair Raptor HS40

I have a G1 970 with Hynix memory. This is as far as I could get it using the stock bios. 

I have tried the custom bios in the OP but I noticed it is F40 and I have a F51 stock bios so I'm kind of hesitant to use it further.

Here is a copy of my bios just in case you're interested to mod it.  :)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1e17WzASVIBb0d4NGhSc3I3VGM/view?usp=sharing

post-21688-0-90068600-1427925921.jpg

post-21688-0-90068600-1427925921.jpg

The MSI BIOS broke again... I don't get why this keeps happening..

its you bud, other people running it fine.

Hello guys.

I have a MSI 970 Gaming 4G and I've tried to flash it with the 1.3v BIOS from the OP.

Got the same results as @bossdre did, just the yellow triangle on the device manager and the card wouldn't work.

I managed to roll back to my original BIOS and everything is fine. Tried one more time being sure to follow all the steps, but no luck.

It just doesn't work.

Just wondering what happened there, I was really looking forward to unlock all the potential of my card, since I got samsung memory and I managed to get 1500/4000 using the MSI AB alone.

And not gonna lie, I shat myself a little when I saw that yellow triangle lol

Hello guys.

I have a MSI 970 Gaming 4G and I've tried to flash it with the 1.3v BIOS from the OP.

Got the same results as @bossdre did, just the yellow triangle on the device manager and the card wouldn't work.

I managed to roll back to my original BIOS and everything is fine. Tried one more time being sure to follow all the steps, but no luck.

It just doesn't work.

Just wondering what happened there, I was really looking forward to unlock all the potential of my card, since I got samsung memory and I managed to get 1500/4000 using the MSI AB alone.

And not gonna lie, I shat myself a little when I saw that yellow triangle lol

wtf, I think its google drive recovering the old bios, because It'll work for one week then it'll fuck up the DL.

wtf, I think its google drive recovering the old bios, because It'll work for one week then it'll fuck up the DL.

Is that really possible?

Maybe you should consider uploading the BIOSes somewhere else then.

I also tried to open your BIOS with Maxwell Bios Tweaker so I could copy the tables to my own BIOS, but it also gives an error and doesn't open the file.

Maybe it's really corrupted or something.

Hi all, I recently purchased an evga 970 sc. They now have passive cooling till 60 C. It oc's well. I'm quite happy with it!

So Is hynix memory really that shitty ? So my friend just bought a msi 970 and I went over tree to help him oc it. And from what I've heard it's hynix memory so I said ok then then do some small increments and see where we get. Turns out the memory can't even get a 40 mhz oc on the memory -_- my strix has a +800 mhz oc on the memory (that has the Samsung memory) so basically is that normal that hynix memory can't oc worth crap ? Otherwise he has a pretty decent core. We oc'ed slightly and without extra voltage we pushe'd it to 1475 mhz and it boosts constantly to a little over 1560 mhz stable and we haven't tried higher but I'll bet it will go higher of we tried

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

So Is hynix memory really that shitty ? So my friend just bought a msi 970 and I went over tree to help him oc it. And from what I've heard it's hynix memory so I said ok then then do some small increments and see where we get. Turns out the memory can't even get a 40 mhz oc on the memory -_- my strix has a +800 mhz oc on the memory (that has the Samsung memory) so basically is that normal that hynix memory can't oc worth crap ? Otherwise he has a pretty decent core. We oc'ed slightly and without extra voltage we pushe'd it to 1475 mhz and it boosts constantly to a little over 1560 mhz stable and we haven't tried higher but I'll bet it will go higher of we tried

From what I read, it's not as overclockable as Samsung, but you still have the lottery to play with. You might have just a really poor overclockable Hynix memory. If it's stable at stock, it's normal.

My 970 had Hynix and ran 2000+. I guess lottery is also a thing ;)

Ummm that can't be right. So your saying that your memory was running 9000 mhz ?
Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

and a car thread ! 

2000 x 4 is 8ghz.

what are you talking about x4 ? You said that you had a +2000 oc on your memory. Usually stock memory is 7010. 7010 + 2000 =9010
Spoiler

and a car thread ! 

what are you talking about x4 ? You said that you had a +2000 oc on your memory. Usually stock memory is 7010. 7010 + 2000 =9010

He said 2000+, as in the overclock can go higher.  Maxwell memory is then multiplied by 4 to get the finally memory clock.

No it's 2000+, not +2000. Meaning 2000 and change. It ran at 8000 and change. 8004 iirc.

No it's 2000+, not +2000. Meaning 2000 and change. It ran at 8000 and change. 8004 iirc.

what program do You use ?   i use asus gpu tweak and it tells me the actual number i running not some number i have to multiply just to find out what im actually running

Spoiler

and a car thread ! 

He said 2000+, as in the overclock can go higher.  Maxwell memory is then multiplied by 4 to get the finally memory clock.

where do you fid this ? my program just tells me what im actually running and not 2000 and whatever. and why would he just say that hes running 8000Mhz then ?

Spoiler

and a car thread ! 

GPU-Z?

ok I always wondered why the gpu-z values were always way off
Spoiler

and a car thread ! 

help me choose Gigabyte GTX 970 or ASUS strix GTX 970

help me choose Gigabyte GTX 970 or ASUS strix GTX 970

G1 Gaming is FAR superior.