GTX 970 Owners Club

So, I would like to join the club as I just recieved my Asus Strix GTX 970 :)

I am so exicet to start my build next week :)

Hey! I started to see green dots in my screen. Took a screenshot but nothing appears.

Tried with other output and screen, and they didn't appeared.

Reseated the card, reconnected with HDMI and now they're gone.

Maybe I just connected the card wrong or I have a deffective card?

(stock bios btw).

I've changed my fan curve to jump to 25% at 65c.  I'll monitor how it performs :)

I meant like the first point cant be linear so like 0 to 50%. or the fan will fuck up.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

Hey! I started to see green dots in my screen. Took a screenshot but nothing appears.

Tried with other output and screen, and they didn't appeared.

Reseated the card, reconnected with HDMI and now they're gone.

Maybe I just connected the card wrong or I have a deffective card?

(stock bios btw).

Did you corrupt MSI Afterburner during flashing?

Ive been noticing some pretty wierd temps on my set up. I run twin EVGA SSC 970s and just got onto the Farcry band wagon. I was running on ultra setting which it was handing very well. Until i opened precision x and watched the temps. With the fan curve i run (600rpm after 60 degrees) the cards reach 80 degrees then bounce down to 74. Then rise to 80. This happens all the time. Switch to dying light (Yes its nvidia optimised gaming) same settings it drops to 74 degrees and does the same bouncing symptoms. Just seeing if anyone else has experienced this and whether its software driven or a hardware issue

My Rig: CPU :- i7 - 5820K, Mobo :- EVGA X99 FTW, RAM :- 16GB G.SKILL RIPJAWS 2400MHz (4 x 4), GPU :- twin EVGA GTX970 SSC ACX 2.0 version 1, STORAGE :- Kingston HYPER X 128GB SSD (OS), 2 x WD 2TB Black HDD in RAID 0, PSU :- EVGA 1300W G2, CASE :- White Bitfenix Shinobi XL windowed. Bitfenix Recon Fan Controller. 

So today I had some fun. Watch Dogs was on sale a couple of weeks ago, so I bought it. I haven't had much time to play it in the meantime though.

So anyway, today I decided I'd finally see what all the fuss was about when it comes to the whole 3.5GB thing. Here was a game that should really stress it, more than anything I already had. So I put it to 4K, Ultra (sans motion blur, because I hate it) and started playing. Generally got 55-60 fps, occasional drops to 45. And then massive frame drops. Like half a second of just the screen being stationary. Omfg is this it at last!? Was Zappian right all along!?

Eh, nothing's ever that simple. Looking at RivaTuner overlay I could see that I was getting over 3.5GB, sometimes briefly even as high as 3.7GB, although these vram spikes weren't actually coinciding with the frame dips and stuttering. In fact, I had frame dips when vram usage was as low as 2.9GB and it sort of averaged at 3.3GB, but that didn't stop the frame drops. So I extended the overlay to include system RAM and CPU cores. Core 7 was constantly under 100% usage, but more startlingly my RAM was sitting at 7.9GB, out of my 8GB total...

I borrowed some RAM out of my dad's PC (technically more than my version of Windows 7 could address but hey ho. Quad Channel at long last) and... that actually seems to have fixed it. RAM usage peaked at 9GB so far. As it stands two 970s are perfectly capable of delivering an extremely playable experience in Watch Dogs at 4K at near maximum preset (again, I refuse to test with Motion Blur. It's awful). Just make sure the rest of your system is up to it.

And my god is it ever beautiful. Like holy crap.

Update: RAM usage has thus-far peaked at just over 11GB. It seems Watch Dogs can use 4GB by itself, no wonder I was having trouble with just 8. There are still frame drops sometimes. Nothing like as bad as it used to be, but with GPU usage hovering at 99%, it seems that the GPU performance and the vram performance are pretty well balanced.

I meant like the first point cant be linear so like 0 to 50%. or the fan will fuck up.

What do you mean by linear in this case?  Going up a steady pace is linear, so I changed my fan profile to jump straight to 35% Fan at 65c, but it's still happening.  It's a similar curve to the one in your SS just that mine starts at a higher temp.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Just thought I'd shot out for myself as my EVGA 970 SSC with the new ACX 2.0+ shroud is arriving this morning. 

A day of fitting the Backplate, overclocking and re-sleaving with the braided extension cables awaits.

I can't contain the excitement.

j8nypt.jpg

(Oh, to add to why, I'm upgrading from an EVGA 560 SC 1gb)

i7 920 @ 3.5 GHz / Gigabyte X58-USB3 / Corsair H100i / 12gb Kingston Hyper X Blu / EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+ / 120gb SanDisk Extreme II / 650w PowerCool / Phanteks Enthoo Pro / TTe Sports Challenger Ultimate / TTe Sports Black Element / Corsair Raptor HS40

Did you corrupt MSI Afterburner during flashing?

Well I restarted the PC once and even found the dots in the BIOS.

They haven't appeared since then, I reconnected and now there's no artifacting.

I'm going to roll back the old VBIOS that came with my GPU with Gigabyte @BIOS.

Then update.

Maybe this will fix any issue?

Then update.

If it's the UEFI Bios I don't believe that's your GPU, as the GPU doesn't render anything in that mode.

Then update.

Yeah, I think something is borked on your card or something.

Im running my 1.3v bios fine for about 3 weeks now.

What do you mean by linear in this case?  Going up a steady pace is linear, so I changed my fan profile to jump straight to 35% Fan at 65c, but it's still happening.  It's a similar curve to the one in your SS just that mine starts at a higher temp.

Idk. im sure its fine though.

Mines not doing anything like that.

For some reason i was getting artifacts even with the 1.262V rom . Luckily i backed up one of my 2 G1 970s bios' and compared it with your bios' in the OP. Mine has a higher stock voltage of 1.283 and goto 1513Mhz as their max table clock instead of 1405 which to me seems like its underclocking the card. 

Ive been having a couple of display driver crashes (one was after 5 hours on Cites skylines with no save so thanks for that) Anyway deciding to try your bios'. the 1.3V one just fails out right and one of my cards goes nuts in the device manager. So i went back to my backup rom form one of my cards still getting crashes UNLESS i run Msi Afterburner and run the card at about 1410mhz . So somethings a miss with it running on stock for the time being.

I should figure it out sooner or later but thought i would tell you anyway. I have a feeling its to do with the fact im running 2 cards now from the 1 cards original bios. not sure how i go about finding out what the other cards bios was and get a backup from somewhere and yes i know im a idiot for not backing up the both bios' 

Here is my F50 Bios for you to look at anyway.

http://goo.gl/gLXwAh

Edit: Just to add that when looking at Valley Benchmark. it shows the cards running a 1519mhz but msi AB's OSD shows 1392Mhz so not sure which one to believe. Ive also read that you cannot flash a F1 Bios on a F50 Card . It has to be F1 for F1-9 F10 for 10-19 F20 for 20-29 etc So should find my other cards original Bios F number and everything should be ok. Are these cards Duel bios? 

CPU: Intel i7 4930k 5Ghz RAM: GSkill Trident X 2400Mhz MOBO: Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition  GPU: Asus Strix 1080ti OC 2067Mhz PSU: Corsair AX1200i Case: Coolermaster C700P 

Cooling: Corsair H100i with 2 ML120s & 4 HD140s

SSDs: 1.75TB Samsung SSD's + 10TB HDD'sOS: Windows 10 Insiders Build Fast Ring - Monitors: Asus PB287Q 4K  -  Mouse: Corsair Glaive RGB Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum MX Brown 

Audio: Asus Xonar STX + Senn HD650

I want add some insight that most of these 970's that are "TDP Hardlocked" are not, there is a bug with the Vrel reading in GPU-z getting triggered saying its getting VRel when it won't be. Its just another Maxwell issue with the 970's this was the 410W TDP Power Table test that @Tim Drake has on his MSI Gaming 4G 970. It seems to be that once the power table is changed in Maxwell BIOS Tweaker the VRel will get tripped in Windows. 

6cx.png

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

Just got mine today, Haven't much time to run Heaven 4 or Firestrike yet to get some decent benchmarks and do some proper overclocking but tomorrow evening I'll post some screenshots.

So far without touching the Voltage on the EVGA 970 SSC ACX 2.0+ (With Backplate, and yes it's the + edition)

- 1452 MHz GPU Clock

- 1828 MHz Memory Clock

Tomorrow I hope to get the GPU to 1500+ and Memory to 2000+

i7 920 @ 3.5 GHz / Gigabyte X58-USB3 / Corsair H100i / 12gb Kingston Hyper X Blu / EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+ / 120gb SanDisk Extreme II / 650w PowerCool / Phanteks Enthoo Pro / TTe Sports Challenger Ultimate / TTe Sports Black Element / Corsair Raptor HS40

For some reason i was getting artifacts even with the 1.262V rom . Luckily i backed up one of my 2 G1 970s bios' and compared it with your bios' in the OP. Mine has a higher stock voltage of 1.283 and goto 1513Mhz as their max table clock instead of 1405 which to me seems like its underclocking the card. 

Ive been having a couple of display driver crashes (one was after 5 hours on Cites skylines with no save so thanks for that) Anyway deciding to try your bios'. the 1.3V one just fails out right and one of my cards goes nuts in the device manager. So i went back to my backup rom form one of my cards still getting crashes UNLESS i run Msi Afterburner and run the card at about 1410mhz . So somethings a miss with it running on stock for the time being.

I should figure it out sooner or later but thought i would tell you anyway. I have a feeling its to do with the fact im running 2 cards now from the 1 cards original bios. not sure how i go about finding out what the other cards bios was and get a backup from somewhere and yes i know im a idiot for not backing up the both bios' 

Here is my F50 Bios for you to look at anyway.

http://goo.gl/gLXwAh

Edit: Just to add that when looking at Valley Benchmark. it shows the cards running a 1519mhz but msi AB's OSD shows 1392Mhz so not sure which one to believe. Ive also read that you cannot flash a F1 Bios on a F50 Card . It has to be F1 for F1-9 F10 for 10-19 F20 for 20-29 etc So should find my other cards original Bios F number and everything should be ok. Are these cards Duel bios? 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9bWPCis6PSZMmY5YVQ0eDhrdHc/view?usp=sharing

If it's the UEFI Bios I don't believe that's your GPU, as the GPU doesn't render anything in that mode.

So my card is fine?

The issue is gone, all is normal, I can play games, no artifacts, no weird stuff with the card at stock and overclocked

So my card is fine?

The issue is gone, all is normal, I can play games, no artifacts, no weird stuff with the card at stock and overclocked

The bios shouldn't cause that send me your bios.

The bios shouldn't cause that send me your bios.

Are you going to G10+H55 the 970?

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

And me, sitting here, I'm 15 so I can't work in my country as much as I want to spend my holidays getting money for a new pc. man..

Hello everyone!

First time posting for me after being a dirty lurker for some time ^_^

So I had been holding off for ages on purchasing a card to upgrade from my eVGA GTX 660 Ti 3GB. I was always look @ either the 970 or 980, and ot be honest the 3.5/4GB controversy held things up for a few weeks. But I have just purchased my Asus Strix GTX 970  :lol:

I immediately applied Luke's overclock values to the card and and setup DSR for Battlefield 4....

Ummmmm nerd boner x 1000000  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  70-80 FPS on a DSR down-scaled to 1080p and I just cannot get over how sexy it is. Going absolutely nowhere near the 3.5GB buffer either. The plan is to chuck a second card in when Battlefront\Star Citizen drops but for the moment im as happy as Larry 

And thanks to all the comments that came before mine here, as I read over this thread numerous times before pulling the trigger on it  :ph34r:

Hello everyone!

First time posting for me after being a dirty lurker for some time ^_^

So I had been holding off for ages on purchasing a card to upgrade from my eVGA GTX 660 Ti 3GB. I was always look @ either the 970 or 980, and ot be honest the 3.5/4GB controversy held things up for a few weeks. But I have just purchased my Asus Strix GTX 970  :lol:

I immediately applied Luke's overclock values to the card and and setup DSR for Battlefield 4....

Ummmmm nerd boner x 1000000  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  70-80 FPS on a DSR down-scaled to 1080p and I just cannot get over how sexy it is. Going absolutely nowhere near the 3.5GB buffer either. The plan is to chuck a second card in when Battlefront\Star Citizen drops but for the moment im as happy as Larry 

And thanks to all the comments that came before mine here, as I read over this thread numerous times before pulling the trigger on it  :ph34r:

Yeah, enjoy your card man, if you ever need any bios modding hit me up. nobody has been wanting to try bios modding a Strix because not alot of people have the card.

Yeah, enjoy your card man, if you ever need any bios modding hit me up. nobody has been wanting to try bios modding a Strix because not alot of people have the card.

I'd be happy to chuck a BIOS of yours on mine.

I noticed in Unigine Valley the card is hitting 1602MHz Core Clock. Which interested me, as so many people were reporting that the Strix doesn't want to go higher than 1450-1500?

I'd be happy to chuck a BIOS of yours on mine.

I noticed in Unigine Valley the card is hitting 1602MHz Core Clock. Which interested me, as so many people were reporting that the Strix doesn't want to go higher than 1450-1500?

Unigine valley doesn't read clock speed correctly, when I have mine at 1600mhz It says im at 1800mhz.

Unigine valley doesn't read clock speed correctly, when I have mine at 1600mhz It says im at 1800mhz.

I had a feeling that was the case.