GTX 970 Owners Club

German Mark?

I don't know where you live in, but there is a thing called Euro going on for about 15 years now :D

stupid google, the summary of the story is that im retarded

The weird kid in the corner eating glue
“People think that I must be a very strange person. This is not correct. I have the heart of a small boy. It is in a glass jar on my desk.” - Stephen King

Hey guys, I have my 970 running all nice over here :D Just a question: Is there ant good way to find if I have Samsung or Hynix ram?
On another note, my G1 gaming didn't come with a backplate... Anything to worry about?

Hey guys, I have my 970 running all nice over here :D Just a question: Is there ant good way to find if I have Samsung or Hynix ram?

On another note, my G1 gaming didn't come with a backplate... Anything to worry about?

Install GPU-Z and then open it, it should show what memory you have at the "memory type" column.

That's odd, afaik, all G1 Gaming GTX 970 should have a back plate or you might have a regular Gigabyte Windforce card.

Does the box of your GPU has a G1 Gaming written on it?

I love free stuff.

GTX 970 with pseudo 4gb vram at pseudo 224gb/s at pseudo  256-bit with 56 ROPs (corrected from 64) and 1.75mb L2 cache (corrected from 2mb).

Okay so give me an easy way of doing this :P I just don't want to fuck up. Do I need to uninstall drivers or anything?

"You need to flash the BIOS with nvflash. 

put them into a folder on your C:\ drive

And flash with this command nvflash -6 ROM_NAME.rom"

Does this tell me everything?

@Gofspar

Okay so give me an easy way of doing this :P I just don't want to fuck up. Do I need to uninstall drivers or anything?

"You need to flash the BIOS with nvflash. 

put them into a folder on your C:\ drive

And flash with this command nvflash -6 ROM_NAME.rom"

Does this tell me everything?

@Gofspar

Alright so I don't do the whole cmd bullshit, alright so first you wana go to device manager > find your GTX 970 and then hit disable

then find nvflash and the bios and just drag the bios onto nvflash and then it should say are you sure and you say yes.

restart then reenable it in device manager

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

Alright so I don't do the whole cmd bullshit, alright so first you wana go to device manager > find your GTX 970 and then hit disable

then find nvflash and the bios and just drag the bios onto nvflash and then it should say are you sure and you say yes.

Sounds easy, thanks.

Got it NVM

Thats a windforce card man, might wana RMA. even if its not a G1 Gaming card the bios's will work on windforce cards.

As far as I'm aware, it's a single bios which can be switched out for another one. Although, I profess that it's not me that should be answering bios questions. Others here will know much more than I on that.

You change the display output to change the BIOS. The farthest DVI should give a different BIOS, and the HDMI gives a different BIOS. I myself am not aware of the combinations so far, but it definitely has dual BIOS, that is certain.

Anyone else getting their cards undervolted when reaching 70°C?

That happens to me. In Win 7, Win 8.1, with the card overvolted and overclocked.

It reaches 70°C and boom, goes to 1.187V

G1 Gaming stock BIOS

That happens to me. In Win 7, Win 8.1, with the card overvolted and overclocked.

G1 Gaming stock BIOS

flash any of my bios, fixes it. happens to all G1 Gaming cards

flash any of my bios, fixes it. happens to all G1 Gaming cards

That voids my warranty?

Nice to hear that is normal, I was thinking of changing my PSU :P

That voids my warranty?

Nice to hear that is normal, I was thinking of changing my PSU :P

No it doesn't? Gigabyte builds these cards for this shit.

%2

Another question (and probably my last before I flash a custom vbios), do I need to follow the instructions on gigabyte's website on flashing the vbios? You know, plugging the dvi-i  or dvi-d(?) for a successful flash? Because my display only have HDMI and VGA outputs. Or can I just flash the custom vbios regardless of what output I'm using?

Thanks!

I love free stuff.

GTX 970 with pseudo 4gb vram at pseudo 224gb/s at pseudo  256-bit with 56 ROPs (corrected from 64) and 1.75mb L2 cache (corrected from 2mb).

Another question (and probably my last before I flash a custom vbios), do I need to follow the instructions on gigabyte's website on flashing the vbios? You know, plugging the dvi-i  or dvi-d(?) for a successful flash? Because my display only have HDMI and VGA outputs. Or can I just flash the custom vbios regardless of what output I'm using?

Thanks!

doesnt matter.

doesnt matter.

Thanks! I hope nothing goes wrong. Here I go!

I'll let you all know if everything goes well and the overclock that I'll get. :)

I love free stuff.

G1 Gaming stock BIOS

How do your cards reach 70? Do you guys live in Hades or something?

I cant get my card over 60C when im using it 100% OC'ed/ 

Intel 4790 K - R9 295X2 - Gigabyte Z97-SLI - Corsair Vengeance Pro Black 1866 CAL9 - Corsair HX 1000 -Samsung 850 EVO SSD - Samsung HDD - H100I - Corsair C70 - G400 Logitech - Asus VS247H - WASD custom mechanical and QCKPAD! 

Staples of LTT: Getting an 4690 K will resurrect your lost family members, AMD = More heat thus AMD = Satan. 

980 has much better cooler and I hit 75c sometimes.

Thanks! I hope nothing goes wrong. Here I go!

I'll let you all know if everything goes well and the overclock that I'll get. :)

what bios did you flash?

Mexico, it's very different.

I guess that you live in USA, where temps below 5-0°C are very common.

Here ambient temps over 30°C are normal.

I live in AZ so I know your feels

Canada, my rooms at like 15C lmao. 

Intel 4790 K - R9 295X2 - Gigabyte Z97-SLI - Corsair Vengeance Pro Black 1866 CAL9 - Corsair HX 1000 -Samsung 850 EVO SSD - Samsung HDD - H100I - Corsair C70 - G400 Logitech - Asus VS247H - WASD custom mechanical and QCKPAD! 

Staples of LTT: Getting an 4690 K will resurrect your lost family members, AMD = More heat thus AMD = Satan. 

Philippines, and every time I'm in my room, I feel like I'm inside a microwave oven. My apartment really has poor ventilation.

System:

Intel Core i5 4690k @ 3.5Ghz, MSI z97 PC Mate, Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 gaming, 4x2 Kingston HyperX blu 1600Mhz, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm, Corsair CX600M PSU, Corsair AF120 Performance edition 3x, Xigmatek Stock fans 3x, Xigmatek Mach PC Case, Asus VX239H 1080p IPS LED 23".