AMD Officialy Confirms Existence of New Radeon Flagship "Ultra-Enthusiast" GPU

TERAFLOP

M8 TDP doesn't mean power consumption, TDP is a way to measure heat like Kalvin, but you point is ture.

There was a conversation somewhere here, and basically what was said is that TDP is not equals to power consumption, but should be close, and it can be used as a reference

Then someone started to mentioning quantum physics and nuclear reaction, electrons shaving of mass of silicon and copper atoms, and the topic got way out of hand

And then there are each manufacturer, nVidia mentions Graphics Card Power (W), that is not too exact to let say this way, and AMD does not even mention it on the website, the TDP ratings are a good way to say around how much power a card should consume... and of course there are the torture tests, that throw everything out of the window.

As an environmentalist I have a boycott on AMD products. I won't give a shit about what they produce until their cards are more efficient.

Then you probably shouldn't even be considering a gaming grade pc at all.  Machines like mine must make you weep. 

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

Yey, now release it. We want to see the powah.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Well based on the amount of power that AMD cards have used in the past mixed with the amount of heat that they produce, I'd say that it probably could literally kill it with fire. xD

Well it is shipping with an all-in-one water cooler, so you may not be too far off.

If you get easily offended by people on the Internet there is something really wrong with you. You focus on the opinions of a few people instead of worrying about why you have a terrible taste in video games.

I´m getting so fucking tired about these allways AMD vs Nvidia flame wars.

This topic is all about the new R9-390X.

So everything Nvidia related is totaly irrelevent.

Also the bullshit cliché´s that Nvidia fanboys allways come up with, is just starting to get annoying realy.

JUST GROW UP!

Ignore it.

Justifying the consumer choice by personally identifying yourself with a brand has been a thing since a long, long time.

Here I was, thinking that I'll get a whole build done in April, and suddenly in another thread I'm seeing that the cards are postponed to June. Great.

R9 295X2 or 390X Crossfire?

I´m getting so fucking tired about these allways AMD vs Nvidia flame wars.

This topic is all about the new R9-390X.

So everything Nvidia related is totaly irrelevent.

Also the bullshit cliché´s that Nvidia fanboys allways come up with, is just starting to get annoying realy.

JUST GROW UP!

It's like they are constantly trying to prove something.

My PC: i7 3770k @ 4.4 Ghz || Hyper 212 Evo || Intel Extreme Motherboard DZ77GA || EVGA Hybrid 980ti || Corsair Vengeance Blue 16GB || Samsung 840 Evo 120 GB || WD Black 1TB

Peripherals: Corsair K70 RGB || Sentey Pro Revolution Gaming Mouse || Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 250 Ohm Headphone || Benq XL2420Z Monitor

It's like they are constantly trying to prove something.

i have no clue what they are trying to proof lol.

As an environmentalist I have a boycott on AMD products. I won't give a shit about what they produce until their cards are more efficient.

Then you have an I3 with a 750Ti, that's about what's most efficient, right ? and you must underclock/undervolt as well, if not you're just lying to yourself to make you feel better/superior.

i have no clue what they are trying to proof lol.

That they spent their money slightly better than someone else.

Pretty petty really.

That they spent their money slightly better than someone else.

Pretty petty really.

well thats just placebo effect lol.

Well it is shipping with an all-in-one water cooler, so you may not be too far off.

ah nice, I guess I can boil some water to make ramen then!

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Well based on the amount of power that AMD cards have used in the past mixed with the amount of heat that they produce, I'd say that it probably could literally kill it with fire. xD

burn_zps66b84d0d.jpeg

Prepare your industrial-grade fans! :P  

YES!

AMD KILL THE TITAN X WITH FIRE!

With AMD's reputation of super hot GPUs I wouldn't expect them to use any other element but fire :D

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Probably because Nvidia actually show cased the new card? This thread is just about AMD comfirming its existence, which is already a given. I don't understand how you can compare both threads.

Fanboys will be fanboys though, there has to be at least 1 in each type of these threads.

The other thread is getting a shit ton of replies. Only certain threads get that many replies - they must have some controversy surrounding the name. Why?

Don't go "fanboys will be fanboys". Go read the thread.

Have you not noticed every 970 thread getting so much attention as well when no new information was being given?

Edit: I also guarantee you that if Nvidia didn't actually show a picture or reveal the actual card, but maybe started a "Titan X" trend to hype it (so with the same level of info as the 390/390x) the Titan X thread would still be getting all of that attention.

Am I one of the few people who don't want to see a AIO cooler on a graphics card? At least not out of the box.

I guess that there will be plenty of aircoolers from other manufacturers.

The other thread is getting a shit ton of replies. Only certain threads get that many replies - they must have some controversy surrounding the name. Why?

Don't go "fanboys will be fanboys". Go read the thread.

Have you not noticed every 970 thread getting so much attention as well when no new information was being given?

Are you kidding me?

You consider the whole ram fiasco with the 970 to not be new information? As ridiculous as it is you can't ignore how much of an uproar that caused.

And still after all of that you are comparing a discussion between a card that has already been released with another one that has just been "teased" at most. Either way I don't see your point other then that there are a lot more Nvidia fan boys right now.

My PC: i7 3770k @ 4.4 Ghz || Hyper 212 Evo || Intel Extreme Motherboard DZ77GA || EVGA Hybrid 980ti || Corsair Vengeance Blue 16GB || Samsung 840 Evo 120 GB || WD Black 1TB

Peripherals: Corsair K70 RGB || Sentey Pro Revolution Gaming Mouse || Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 250 Ohm Headphone || Benq XL2420Z Monitor

At this point it was probably just cheaper for AMD to put an AIO cooler on it instead of an air cooler that would cool decently, unlike the last reference cooler.

Are you kidding me?

You consider the whole ram fiasco with the 970 to not be new information? As ridiculous as it is you can't ignore how much of an uproar that caused.

And still after all of that you are comparing a discussion between a card that has already been released with another one that has just been "teased" at most. Either way I don't see your point other then that there are a lot more Nvidia fan boys right now.

I didn't want to reply since you steadily keep saying the word "fanboy". I'll still bite.

I said "every 970 thread". Not one single thread. Multiple threads were being made every fucking day, ranging from the meme video being reposted to people making threads about "will my 970 give me issues?".

If AMD pulled something with their cards like Nvidia did (I bet they do, they just haven't been caught yet) this would be the opposite story with nearly every AMD video card thread at this point in time.

How hard is that to comprehend? I didn't post some complicated math problem. It's English.

I planted 400k+ trees over 3 summers when I was younger. My environmental conscience is so clean, that I would run my computer off of a wood stove if that's what was necessary. Being environmentally proactive tends to remove any "green guilt."

I'm curious, did you boycott Nvidia before they released Maxwell? because Nvidia cards have been hot and power hungry for a really long time until now.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

I planted 400k+ trees over 3 summers when I was younger. My environmental conscience is so clean, that I would run my computer off of a wood stove if that's what was necessary. Being environmentally proactive tends to remove any "green guilt."

I'm curious, did you boycott Nvidia before they released Maxwell? because Nvidia cards have been hot and power hungry for a really long time until now.

That's not how it works. Whatever NVIDIA is winning at is what is the most important deciding factor. Get with the times.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

That's not how it works. Whatever NVIDIA is winning at is what is the most important deciding factor. Get with the times.

I know, I just razzing the supposed "environmentalist."

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Am I one of the few people who don't want to see a AIO cooler on a graphics card? At least not out of the box.

I guess that there will be plenty of aircoolers from other manufacturers.

It rules it out for most SFF builds, and will make crossfire very difficult in most cases, I'm not impressed either. Fine for the 295x2 as that is a rather extreme card, but not for a single GPU.

In all my years on the interwebz, that is by far one of the dumbest comments I think I have ever read...