AMD Officialy Confirms Existence of New Radeon Flagship "Ultra-Enthusiast" GPU

TERAFLOP

Worst possible data, haha.. Hardware.info uses a meter of around 6K eur where as your sources are showing results between 36-40 dBa for any kind of card including the reference 290's;

~snip~

If you really think a 270 OC that's 6-7 dBa quieter than the 290 is a good indication of a noise test and going by the fact that 5 dBa is only a slight change your ears are perceiving then you're foolish.

No one cares. It's obvious you are a massive fanboy who will cherry pick and say anything possible to show he is right. I know I am right and you are wrong. Regardless of my sources and trying to talk some sense into you, its obvious you wish to remain blinded by your own ignorance and fanboyism as proven by the fact that instead of picking up on points I made and trying to debunking them, you attempted to create points based on either the very slight miscommunication or simply just to try and prove me wrong. Every time I proved you wrong, instead of accepting you were wrong, you simply move onto another point, a very common logical fallacy.

Well here in Australia your not going to get a Intel CPU that out performs a AMD one by much if any at all for $20 extra. That said I'm using a intel CPU for a reason. His point is still valid for GPU's hence the reason I switched from my 4gb 770 to 2 R9 290's

I myself am in Australia as well, and actually looking around I ended up paying just under $250 for my i5 4440 and motherboard at the start of last year.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I think its because nvidia/intel fanboys can't possibly accept that maybe someone who spent less money than them gets a better deal in any possible way, it's simply beyond imagination that its possible for that to happen for them, so they start with stupid arguments.

The whole "pay for quality" thing basically.

I also think it's hilarious how people forget the prices of the R9 290-/x cards at, and shortly after launch.

The only reason why one or the other is able to price their cards higher is when the opposition doesn't have anything to match them in performance.

If I Samsung to magically enter the graphics card market with a card that performed similar to a 280/960 at only $150. Then guess what, both AMD and Nvidia would lower their prices to match.

Oh welp.

My two cents.

No one cares. It's obvious you are a massive fanboy who will cherry pick and say anything possible to show he is right. I know I am right and you are wrong, as proven by the many sources I linked, as well as the fact that every time I proved you wrong, instead of accepting you were wrong, you simply move onto another point, a very common logical fallacy.

Wait, linking you power consumption of what the card actually consumes is cherrypicking? What the hell. Linking you noise results from a very short distance (which will show a much bigger difference) is cherrypicking? I don't know what kinda hearing you got but, I ain't taking noise results from a room or two away serious. Why should people take flawed tests that show such a minor difference between a card that was regarded as a quiet card from a short distance and a card that was reviewed to be loud?

graph-15.png

The 970 Strix is only a decibel quieter than the 980 reference, so no difference right? (Also the 980 reference is quieter than the 980 Strix)

85rhuK9m.png

Now I'm a Strix fanboy and I'm hating on the reference 980 cards. Usually people who call people a fanboy always end up being the real fanboy. I've seen many people here dropping the reality just to get a cucumber from AMD.

Wait, linking you power consumption of what the card actually consumes is cherrypicking? What the hell. Linking you noise results from a very short distance (which will show a much bigger difference) is cherrypicking? I don't know what kinda hearing you got but, I ain't taking noise results from a room or two away serious. Why should people take flawed tests that show such a minor difference between a card that was regarded as a quiet card from a short distance and a card that was reviewed to be loud?

~snip~

The 970 Strix is only a decibel quieter than the 980 reference, so no difference right? (Also the 980 reference is quieter than the 980 Strix)

~snip~

Now I'm a Strix fanboy and I'm hating on the reference 980 cards. Usually people who call people a fanboy always end up being the real fanboy. I've seen many people here dropping the reality just to get a cucumber from AMD.

Wow you really are as dumb as I thought. I was trying to be polite in my previous posts but now I just can't be bothered.

You twist words like a snake, the noise tests CLEARLY tell you the distance they are taken from, which the tweak town ones being 2 CENTIMETRES AWAY. I imagine you don't know what a centimetre is, so let me explain it like you may understand "VERY VERY CLOSELY"

MUCH closer than "a room or two away" the very fact you suggest this after having read my posts shows you are simply attempting to show how you are somehow correct. It's hilariously obvious since all the things you post sound like they are made to counter things that I have never said, or that the charts don't show.

You even showed a god damn temperature chart, tried to pass it off as a sound chart, and then totally "forgot" about that fact even though you were talking about two different coolers using different charts to attempt to prove multiple totally different points from different sources with different testing methodologies with their results!

How do you even figure out how to put your clothes on in the morning?

/rantover

I found what I assume is a accidental use of the word "barely" in the above statement. 

I have no idea where you are from, but in the US, the life expectancy is 78.8 years. This means (if you know how averages work) that most people make it further than 75. So yea you should delete the word "barely"

Also, youre factually wrong about making it to or past that point regardless of health. Im not even going to argue with you on that one, I just want you to sit and think about what you said, and if it can actually make sense. Now, I wont derail this even further by entertaining your response, sooo ya, just think about it, because as I said, I give zero shits about what you do. 

Give up, you and I both know he could just as easily be diagnosed with LC tomorrow which gives him only 5 more years,  And unless that happens he is never going to accept reality of the situation.  

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Give up, you and I both know he could just as easily be diagnosed with LC tomorrow which gives him only 5 more years,  And unless that happens he is never going to accept reality of the situation.  

You're right, you could be easily diagnosed with LC as well even tho you don't smoke. I know a few people who died from LC and never even lit a cigarette. Life's a gamble either you can get sucked up into the heard of sheep or live it the way you want to. If I was diagnosed with LC tomorrow I'd have no regrets because I have actually lived unlike some people. For real tho what does smoking cigarettes have to do with AMD's new GPU? ;)

You even showed a god damn temperature chart, tried to pass it off as a sound chart, and then totally "forgot" about that fact even though you were talking about two different coolers using different charts to attempt to prove multiple totally different points from different sources with different testing methodologies with their results!

You said the HIS is almost as quiet as the Strix, and I've explained how they managed to do this by sacrificing temps for noise & the Strix could do this as well. Don't fucking pretend this came out of the nothing when your first quote you thought wattage = FPS and came up with bs "there are other benchmarks on the net that show AMD = Nvidia".

You're relating a lower power draw/better accoustics to fanboyism, how can you be a fanboy when you're stating the facts in a normal way? If you haven't noticed, see my first post in this thread, I clearly stated there's almost no difference in power consumption between a 780 Ti & 290x and that the 780 Ti was also noisy as fuck. So far you're trying to find a war and when you're wrong you'll be lowering yourself all the way down to a typical youtuber talking shit. 

You said the HIS is almost as quiet as the Strix, and I've explained how they managed to do this by sacrificing temps for noise & the Strix could do this as well. Don't fucking pretend this came out of the nothing when your first quote you thought wattage = FPS and came up with bs "there are other benchmarks on the net that show AMD = Nvidia".

You're relating a lower power draw/better accoustics to fanboyism, how can you be a fanboy when you're stating the facts in a normal way? If you haven't noticed, see my first post in this thread, I clearly stated there's almost no difference in power consumption between a 780 Ti & 290x and that the 780 Ti was also noisy as fuck. So far you're trying to find a war and when you're wrong you'll be lowering yourself all the way down to a typical youtuber talking shit. 

Jesus fuck your twisting of WORDS IS SO GOOD!

You said the HIS is almost as quiet as the Strix, 

I NEVER SAID THIS

I said that the tri-x cooler is good (in response to you saying 3 fans cooler at 2k rpm, the HIS cooler is 2 fans... I also stated it by name....), you said its not and proceeded to spool off random shit that I never said.

when your first quote you thought wattage = FPS

I literally NEVER said that I thought "wattage = FPS" ever. You said I thought I did, I never said that ever, I even clarified THAT I DIDN'T.

"there are other benchmarks on the net that show AMD = Nvidia".

Seriously what the hell are you talking about? I said you have to look at multiple benchmarks, not just a single one in order to try to prove points.

I clearly stated there's almost no difference in power consumption between a 780 Ti & 290x and that the 780 Ti was also noisy as fuck.

No you didn't.

how can you be a fanboy when you're stating the facts in a normal way?

Seriously? If by "in a normal way" you mean "picking and choosing random charts from random benchmarks attempting to prove random points that were never said and I simply invented in order to try and appear correct".. THEN YES!

You're right, you could be easily diagnosed with LC as well even tho you don't smoke. I know a few people who died from LC and never even lit a cigarette. Life's a gamble either you can get sucked up into the heard of sheep or live it the way you want to. If I was diagnosed with LC tomorrow I'd have no regrets because I have actually lived unlike some people. For real tho what does smoking cigarettes have to do with AMD's new GPU? ;)

Just leaving this here:

http://www.lung.org/lung-disease/lung-cancer/resources/facts-figures/lung-cancer-fact-sheet.html

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

That's like saying if you say someone is a lawyer, you are a lawyer.

"Instinct or Rationality; Which will you choose? Enchanted by a superiority complex"

"what you do in spite of internet speed is inspiring. :3" From Cae - 2015

If you look at the recorded statistics it's not bad at all.

"In 2012, there were 86,740 deaths due to lung cancer in men and 70,759 in women."

That's nation wide with an estimated 42.1 million smokers.

There are 318.9 million people in this nation meaning an estimated 0.38% of the population will die in 2015 from lung cancer.

Leaving the probability of a single individual smoker having lung cancer at 0.000000009% each year.

These AMD vs. Nvidia debates are a bit ridiculous at times.

Let the user buy their card based on the criteria needed to be met and let them enjoy it. It's not your money to spend and no one wants to hear why their purchase was "Wrong" based on reason XYZ. 

I'm going to go troll Roy on Twitter...

Mission Accomplished

2015_03_05_22.13.40_zpsjn4bp1p8.png

Core I7 5960X / Gigabyte X99 SOC Force / Kingston 16GB DDR4 3000 / EVGA GTX 980 Classified's In Quad SLI / EVGA 1600W G2

Core I7 6700K / Asus Z170 Maximus VIII Hero / Corsair 16GB DDR4 3000 / MSI R9 290X Lightning / EVGA 1600W T2

I NEVER SAID THE HIS WAS ALMOST AS QUIET AS THE STRIX ARE YOU SERIOUSLY THIS RETARDED.

Sure you didn't;

You also forget these cards are tested at totally different time etc, the very fact your own chart showed the 970 being 3 dBa quieter than the HIS R9 290X should show you just show quiet this is.

You are just being idiotic "stating facts" from about 15 different sources with different tests trying to prove different points comparing AGAINST THE WRONG CARDS.

Wrong cards? The only source I used to prove my point that the Sapphire 290 triple slot coolers are loud is hardware.info, all you've done is throwing them out (while you also provided a source who agreed with HW.info) and I explained you why measuring from a long distance is useless.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/322079-amd-officialy-confirms-existence-of-new-radeon-flagship-ultra-enthusiast-gpu/page-7#entry4386044

Seriously? If by "in a normal way" you mean "picking and choosing random charts from random benchmarks attempting to prove random points that were never said and I simply invented in order to try and appear correct".. THEN YES!

Wait, a chart that's purely trying to measure what the card actually performs is random when the rest are just measuring what's being pulled from the wall which apparently show laughable results like the 780 consumes 10-30w more than a 970?

FZtJNjQ.jpg

BxkPNg2.jpg

(Keep in mind the GPU is still getting power from the PCIe socket). At 100% TDP my bios is locked to 150W, at 120% TDP which I never needed it's locked to 180W. On of the 780's I had it's locked at 250W at 100% TDP and 1xx% TDP at 275W.

780; http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/156336/asus-gtx780-3072-131217.html

970 Strix; http://i.imgur.com/uRa0xrR.png

alright, we have had enough my TDP is better than your sound and consumption.

a discussion on the flagship GPU was lost in the first couple of pages.

so much i'm right you're wrong BS. doubt any minds were changed within this thread

of nonsense.