AMD Officialy Confirms Existence of New Radeon Flagship "Ultra-Enthusiast" GPU

TERAFLOP

I own a 6800k and it won't stop at nothing doing whatever I throw at it.

Compared to a 4790k, it would be a different story

4k and surround owners would be disagree.

Fine, the Titan X isn't in same league as 390x? Nvidia answers with 980ti or 990

I'm a 4k gamer! my gtx 770 does a fairly decent job of 4k at medium settings. thats a $300 gpu, the 390x should easily be able to play games at 4k on ultra based on all the hype.

for the price of a titan I'd expect to max out games on 3 4k screens.

its all down to price to performance not willy waving because you have the most expensive card.

the r9 295x2 cropped all over anything nvidia produced yet was half the price. why would you spend more and get less??

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

Not a single difference. A 4790k won't give me any more frames in games and I don't mess with thread heavy software. So the only difference is over $200.

if the titan x gpu is anything to go by at 1.5x 980 specs if amd's top of the line single gpu card is 4096 cores etc etc then it should be competitive with any possible 980ti as the full gm200/quadro m6000 core will likely have a 250w tdp (hence a 6+8 pin).

assuming no architecture change from amd (which I doubt) we could be looking at 7990 numbers including 375w TDP...except there's the thing of amd could be using the new global foundries/samsung fin-fet process on 14nm.
its 9 am and i havent slept but napkin maths would say 4096 cores on 14nm should be equal to 2048 cores on 28nm so 280x style TDP of 250.
so "980ti" with 3072 cores and 250w tdp.
390x with 4096 cores and 250w tdp.
Again napkin maths im too tired, due to smaller nodes voltages can also drop so power draw and output could become less than half.
for me personally...if the 390x is a 200w tdp card.....ill be waiting for something more powerful.

a 250w tdp didnt stop people buying the 480, 580, 7970, 780 etc, here in the UK electric is ALLOT more expensive than you guys get in the states yet even maxwell efficiency cant make the higher prices break even with a 290 card, maybe if your bitcoin mining 24/7?
noone mentioned the gtx680 tdp was 188w but when it became a 770 jumped 18% to 230w!!!
last time i checked noone complained about the 78*c reference 780 temps which is hotter than my 290 reaches (aftermarket or not, temps are temps...)

either way the full gm200 vs what amd has should be fun, id put money on nvidia holding something back while they wait for amd to launch, if they launch a 2560 core theyll have to price cut, if its around 2816 it'll be much closer.

Falcon: Corsair 750D 8320at4.6ghz 1.3v | 4GB MSI Gaming R9-290 @1000/1250 | 2x8GB 2400mhz Kingston HyperX Beast | Asus ROG Crosshair V Formula | Antec H620 | Corsair RM750w | Crucial M500 240GB, Toshiba 2TB, DarkThemeMasterRace, my G3258 has an upgrade path, my fx8320 doesn't need one...total cost £840=cpu£105, board£65, ram£105, Cooler £20, GPU£200, PSU£88, SSD£75, HDD£57, case£125.

CASE:-NZXT S340 Black, CPU:-FX8120 @4.2Ghz, COOLER:-CM Hyper 212 EVO, BOARD:-MSI 970 Gaming, RAM:-2x4gb 2400mhz Corsair Vengeance Pro, GPU: SLI EVGA GTX480's @700/1000, PSU:-Corsair CX600m, HDD:-WD green 160GB+2TB toshiba
CASE:-(probably) Cooltek U1, CPU:-G3258 @4.5ghx, COOLER:-stock(soon "MSI Dragon" AiO likely), BOARD:-MSI z87i ITX Gaming, RAM:-1x4gb 1333mhz Patriot, GPU: Asus DCU2 r9-270 OC@1000/1500mem, PSU:-Sweex 350w.., HDD:-WD Caviar Blue 640GB
CASE:-TBD, CPU:-Core2Quad QX9650 @4Ghz, COOLER:-OCZ 92mm tower thing, BOARD:-MSI p43-c51, RAM:-4x1GB 800mhz Corsair XMS2, GPU: Zotac GTX460se @800/1000, PSU:-OCZ600sxs, HDD:-WD green 160GBBlueJean-A
 CASE:-Black/Blue Sharkoon T9, CPU:-Phenom2 x4 B55 @3.6Ghz/1.4v, COOLER:-FX8320 Stock HSF, BOARD:-M5A78L-M/USB3, RAM:-4GB 1333mhz Kingston low profile at 1600mhz, GPU:-EVGA GTX285, PSU:-Antec TP550w modu, STORAGE:-240gb  M500+2TB Toshiba
CASE:-icute zl02-3g-bb, CPU:-Phenom2 X6 1055t @3.5Ghz, COOLER:-Stock, BOARD:-Asrock m3a UCC, RAM:2x2GB 1333mhz Zeppelin (thats yellow!), GPU: XFX 1GB HD6870xxx, PSU:-some 450 POS, HDD:-WD Scorpio blue 120GB
CASE:-Packard Bell iMedia X2424, Custom black/red Aerocool Xpredator fulltower, CPU's:-E5200, C2D [email protected]<script cf-hash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>(so e8500), COOLER:-Scythe Big shuriken2 Rev B, BFG gtx260 sp216 OC, RAM:-tons..
Gigabyte GTX460, Gigabyte gt430,
GPU's:-GT210 1GB,  asus hd6670 1GB gddr5, XFX XXX 9600gt 512mb Alpha dog edition, few q6600's
PICTURES CASE:-CIT mars black+red, CPU:-Athlon K6 650mhz slot A, COOLER:-Stock, BOARD:-QDI Kinetiz 7a, RAM:-256+256+256MB 133mhz SDram, GPU:-inno3d geforce4 mx440 64mb, PSU:-E-Zcool 450w, STORAGE:-2x WD 40gb "black" drives,
CASE:-silver/red raidmax cobra, CPU:-Athlon64 4000+, COOLER:-BIG stock one, BOARD:-MSI something*, RAM:-(matched pair)2x1GB 400mhz ECC transcend, GPU:-ati 9800se@375core/325mem, PSU:-pfft, HDD:-2x maxtor 80gb,
PICTURES CASE:-silver/red raidmax cobra (another), CPU:-Pentium4 2.8ghz prescott, COOLER:-Artic Coolering Freezer4, BOARD:-DFI lanparty infinity 865 R2, RAM:-(matched pair)2x1GB 400mhz kingston, GPU:-ati 9550@375core/325mem, PSU:-pfft, HDD:-another 2x WD 80gb,
CASE:-ML110 G4, CPU:-xeon 4030, COOLER:-stock leaf blower, BOARD:-stock raid 771 board, RAM:-2x2GB 666mhz kingston ECC ddr2, GPU:-9400GT 1GB, PSU:-stock delta, RAID:-JMicron JMB363 card+onboard raid controller, HDD:-320gb hitachi OS, 2xMaxtor 160gb raid1, 500gb samsungSP, 160gb WD, LAPTOP:-Dell n5030, CPU:-replaced s*** cel900 with awesome C2D E8100, RAM:-2x2GB 1333mhz ddr3, HDD:-320gb, PHONE's:-LG optimus 3D (p920) on 2.3.5@300-600mhz de-clock (batteryFTW)

Price alone says they're not competing that's like comparing the intel core 2 quad q6600 in my surviving 7 year old PC and that Linus used in his scrapyard wars build to the AMD 6800k or like trying to say oh but a Nvidia 9600gt doesn't out perform a R9 270x.  I say this as the owner of only 1 AMD cpu and 3 I7 K versions so clearly when it comes to CPU's I'm intel all the way but that's because my budget allows me to be. 

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

This is rather interesting, as it means, that the Official big release is close ( this is the first time AMD Officially, although it is more like half-official announcing) and they are not "just" crammed more cores, but trying to create a new gen product for the VR era!

Also as far as I know the know the Crescent bay has a 90 Hz 2560*1440 display (might be different tho then please let me know) and then it is a great sign that this high end card can power this display fluently with the demos.

I for one cannot wait what this card will be as it seems rather interesting,  especially if it can compete with GM200. Only benches will tell

Sorry guys that I could not shitpost here regarding some expected power consumption and heat output, that we cannot really put into context as we know nothing about the power of the card, and I did not try to insult the whole forum that they like nVidia. I will try harder next time

I cannot wait for the release of amds new flagship!

Screw the titan x, if its anything like previous titans its going to be an over priced and under delivering card at best.

I got a good feeling about these new cards

YES!

AMD KILL THE TITAN X WITH FIRE!

Or your house when you use it

/s

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

#LetsCookWithNvidia

egg_cooking.jpg

Fucking awesome.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

#LetsCookWithNvidia

egg_cooking.jpg

Lol, that's not exactly the newer generation. And I know about how hot their GPU's can get, my Geforce 256 and FX 5500 managed to actually give me a first degree burn, and they were only on idle with shitloads of cooling.

PMSL

They will likely show it off at the tressfx demo today.

CPU : i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz. GPU : MSI Lightning GTX 770 @ 1300mhz. 16GB 1600mhz RAM

As an environmentalist I have a boycott on AMD products. I won't give a shit about what they produce until their cards are more efficient.

As an environmentalist I have a boycott on AMD products. I won't give a shit about what they produce until their cards are more efficient.

So you want to wait another decade for an AMD product?

PMSL

Not sure if that's sarcasm or not.

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling

Hypocrisy

If you were THIS stringent on AMD, you wouldn't give a shit about Nvidia either.... their TDP's & Power requirements they state are not all accurate and can be fairly blown wide open almost as bad as AMD's cards are.

Nvidia is more efficient yes,...at stock, push them with overclocking and they are quite close to their rivals.

Close enough that you should boycott both companies if thats your way of thinking.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

How about AMD makes CPUs that compete with Intel first.

Read the LTT Beginner's Guide; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron

Spoiler

CPU: i5-4690k 4.1 GHz CPU Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO GPU: Asus Gtx 970 Strix MOBO: ASUS Z97-E RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2 x 8GB) 1600 SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 500GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Cooler Master 600W 80+ Bronze Case: Cooler Master Storm Scout 2 Advanced 

AMD R9 290 TDP is 275W officially

Nvidia 780 TDP is 250W officially

These cards are neck and neck, and those are the official printed numbers

AMD R9 290X had an official 290W TDP

Nvidia 780Ti had an official 250W TDP

here you see that 780 and ti has the same TDP, so let us look at an bench site, like anandtech

59709.png

as you see there is 3W difference between at 290x being at Quiet mode, at uber there is 30W

(these are total system power consumption numbers but it can represent the difference of power consumption)

And lastly: if you are so environmentalist why would you buy dedicated GPU anyway? I mean an integrated one would be the lowest consumption, more polar bear cubs would stay alive

everyone's mentioning the titan z.. surely they're not even in the same league to start comparing. they maybe similar in power, but the titan z will probably be $1200 the 390x should come in at around $650 that's 2 completely different target audiences.

while I'm sure the titan is an epic card I'm still not sure if nvidia completely know who their aiming it at. industry grade performance aimed at enthusiasts.

I mean how many average people are going to utilise anywhere near the 12gb frame buffer. not even 8gb cards are particularly stressed in that area at the moment.

triple 4K? Surround gaming?

You'll still probably want 2 cards for 3x4K though.

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

here you see that 780 and ti has the same TDP, so let us look at an bench site, like anandtech

59709.png

as you see there is 3W difference between at 290x being at Quiet mode, at uber there is 30W

(these are total system power consumption numbers but it can represent the difference of power consumption)

And lastly: if you are so environmentalist why would you buy dedicated GPU anyway? I mean an integrated one would be the lowest consumption, more polar bear cubs would stay alive

But... but... MUH NVIDIA SAYS ITS MORE EFFICIENT!

but...but... AMD runs hot and needs a nuclear power plant for power!

Right? RIGHT GUYS?!?!

Gotta love silly nvidia fanboys or just ignorant people that listen to them :)

For the love of sanity, if your GPU works to do what you want it to do, its good. End of discussion.

Using graphic cards for something other than displaying text and images on an internet forum is blasphemy. 

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Hopefully if they announce the card and roughly the price, it would shake Nvidia. Nvidia should stop feeling so comfortable, though they keep getting more of the market. :P

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

But... but... MUH NVIDIA SAYS ITS MORE EFFICIENT!

but...but... AMD runs hot and needs a nuclear power plant for power!

Right? RIGHT GUYS?!?!

Gotta love silly nvidia fanboys or just ignorant people that listen to them :)

The problem (?) starts when people brings emotions to something rational, although I am aware that many cases emotions hard to ignore.

We are talking about 2 large piece of silicone and copper, doing logical calculations. One uses 20-60W more power than the other

One can argue that at power consumption it means one uses 1 amp more current than the other, and it goes to heat and it can be proven mathematically

But when people start to "hate" on one brand and "praise" the other, as they have less R&D money than the other, or engineers not as capable to create components, and do nothing else just to show their hate with weak reasons, that is where thing goes wrong. These are companies who tries to create the best tools to logical problems, and their momentary position can change a lot in the next year, see the past 30 years of computing as an example.

Appreciate the components and love them as well, I mean that is the reason why we are here, but being " a fan" of one company or other at computing seems less reasonable as I know more about electronics.

On the otherside, at cars where I am not as deeply involved as in electronics my favourite brand is BMW as they have lovely interiors and I am usually surprised when I see a different brand with good interior, so I can understand of liking a brand`s product, but I would not go as far as "hate" other brands as they are competition

Notice how this thread has 2 pages of replies and the Titan X thread has 24.

Probably because Nvidia actually show cased the new card? This thread is just about AMD comfirming its existence, which is already a given. I don't understand how you can compare both threads.

Fanboys will be fanboys though, there has to be at least 1 in each type of these threads.

My PC: i7 3770k @ 4.4 Ghz || Hyper 212 Evo || Intel Extreme Motherboard DZ77GA || EVGA Hybrid 980ti || Corsair Vengeance Blue 16GB || Samsung 840 Evo 120 GB || WD Black 1TB

Peripherals: Corsair K70 RGB || Sentey Pro Revolution Gaming Mouse || Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 250 Ohm Headphone || Benq XL2420Z Monitor

M8 TDP doesn't mean power consumption, TDP is a way to measure heat like Kalvin, but you point is ture.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650