AMD Officialy Confirms Existence of New Radeon Flagship "Ultra-Enthusiast" GPU

TERAFLOP

Whoa !?
9iSolL4.jpg

AMD officially confirms for the first time ever the existence of a new Radeon flagship. The Fiji XT based Radeon R9 390X in all likelihood. The unreleased flagship graphics card in question was running the Showdown demo on the Oculus Rift Crescent Bay
AMD's recently announced LiquidVR set of technologies were demoed on this unreleased flagship Radeon GPU. The virtual reality demo is dubbed "Showdown" and uses Unreal Engine 4. It involves a huge robot that's causing all kinds of mayhem in the city around you. Explosions, flying debris and a car being flipped over all in a slow motion immersive 360 degree experience

source

does this mean a 295 will get even cheaper then 600?

because honestly you can build a 4K machine right now for 1300$ before storage. thats crazy. hope to bring that price down, so I can afford that and something more then a 1080P monitor. 

Well based on the amount of power that AMD cards have used in the past mixed with the amount of heat that they produce, I'd say that it probably could literally kill it with fire. xD

burn_zps66b84d0d.jpeg

:D

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

Very excited to see how this card performs. Hopefully it performs well enough to make me want to replace my SLI setup. 

On another note, that WCCF Tech article reminds me of a little kid when they are right. I told you so. 

"We exclusively told you four days ago that AMD was going to use the graphics card to run demos at GDC and in fact they did."

"In fact only three weeks ago we exclusively told you that AMD has sufficient inventory of the R9 390X to begin demoing it publicly."

How about just releasing it, at the very least as a GDC demo, instead of just talking? 

We all knew the Titan X was coming, but we didn't know how. It just showed up, there, end of story. The hype wrote itself.  AMD spends way too much time being a cheerleader for their own products without even releasing anything. 

The war has begun, digg your trenches, and use 390X and titan X to keep warm

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

The war has begun, digg your trenches, and use 390X and titan X to keep warm

4 months later the NYT writes:

The alliance has been pushed back from the Russian borders due to collapse of morale. The alliance chose to keep themselves warm with Nvidia Titan X graphics cards. The Russians chose AMD 390X to be their space heaters in the bleakest, coldest weeks of winter. Testing has shown the 390X produces significantly more heat, and it is likely the battle lines would not have collapsed if the soldiers had been properly equipped.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Well based on the amount of power that AMD cards have used in the past mixed with the amount of heat that they produce, I'd say that it probably could literally kill it with fire. xD

These are annoying, and have been proven over and over again.

OT: I wonder what the performance is like though

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

These are annoying, and have been proven over and over again.

OT: I wonder what the performance is like though

The power jokes are getting dry, I don't know why you'd make such jokes if the 780 Ti only consumed like 20w less while the reference was also noisy af >.>

The power jokes are getting dry,

So dry it can start a forest fire?

Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8ghz, NZXT Kraken X61, ASUS Z170 Maximus VIII Hero, (2x8GB) Kingston DDR4 2400, 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury OC+, Thermaltake 1050W

All in a Semi Truck!:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/519811-semi-truck-gaming-pc/#entry6905347

Hopefully a full reveal will be happening soon. Pretty exciting news with the Titan X announced as well.

Dual 390x would make a mighty fine folding rig...  ^_^

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

I love how heat is irrelevant for Nvidia when they were high in TDP. As soon as AMD gets high in TDP, it is suddenly important again. I'm not complaining, I bought a cheap GTX 480 back in the days and I'm using a cheap R9 290 now. I live in Wisconsin though, so I have the exhaust directed at my feet in winter.

YES!

AMD KILL THE TITAN X WITH FIRE!

Nvidia will ruin its shit.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

I love how heat is irrelevant for Nvidia when they were high in TDP. As soon as AMD gets high in TDP, it is suddenly important again. I'm not complaining, I bought a cheap GTX 480 back in the days and I'm using a cheap R9 290 now. I live in Wisconsin though, so I have the exhaust directed at my feet in winter.

Agreed :)

When Nvidia do it, they are focusing on Performance

When AMD do it, they are focusing on Space heaters

Dat GTX480!

/Jealous of your giggity winter.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

My body is ready. My savings account is only up to $400, so maybe they can just send me a free one for my birthday tomorrow.

For the love of sanity, if your GPU works to do what you want it to do, its good. End of discussion.

First rule of LTT forums; Whatever Nvidia is currently better at is the most important thing ever.

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling

500W, I bet.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

500W, I bet.

Power consumption or TDP ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

First rule of LTT forums; Whatever Nvidia is currently better at is the most important thing ever.

It's nice to see more unwritten rules.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Notice how this thread has 2 pages of replies and the Titan X thread has 24.