What GTX 970 looks the best?

steve nasty

Hello! I've been looking at 970's lately and I found one I really liked, the Galax 970 SOC edition and it looks beautiful. All except the "Gamer" logo that is on the top of the card and would be what I'd be looking at the entire time and honestly is a deal breaker. Can anyone recommend a GPU brand that looks good? I've already looked into performance, don't worry. It doesn't have to be a mainstream brand

I just love MSI's Twin Frozr's design.. On all card.

After that the Gigabyte G1 card, Asus Strix, Galax..

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I'm a fan of the AMP cards... something about that yellow and aluminium styling catches my fancy.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

I would like a hydro copper, but I think EVGA only makes a 980 hydro copper

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

LIke if you clicked on this thinking it was @Jerakl. :P

As for the card G1 Gaming seems to have had good reception.

Zotac Amp Extreme core... You G1 ppl dont know what you're talking about :P

zotac-gtx-970-amp-extreme-core-edition-g

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

the stock zotac card looks really sleek, as does the MSI twinfrozr V and gigabyte G1 cards. The palit jetstream looks decent as well, but I'm not a fan of the strix cooler by asus, give me a matrix or 780 based DCuii cooler instead.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Well, as you can see everyone has they're own opinion.. Just go and search for the names that you see here and choose which one you find the best looking

Everything that's in my PC and on my desk

Intel Core i5 4670K | MSI Z87-G45 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 770 Gaming 2GB | Corsair Obsidian 450D | Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD | Toshiba 1TB HDD | Corsair CX750M  | Scythe Mugen 4 PCGH Edition | NZXT Hue RGB Leds | 2x Corsair AF140 Quiet Edition | Corsair AF120 Performance Edition | Nanoxia Frontpanel Extension Red | AOC G2770PQU | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate MX Brown | Corsair Vengeance M65 FPS | Corsair Vengeance 1500

Nvidia-GTX-970.jpg

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

strix or reference

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

My brother has the evga one

@KayTees' Little Brother

My PC: Stepping Stones (2019)

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700

CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3

Motherboard: GIGABYTE B360 HD3

RAM: HyperX Fury 8GB (2x4) Black DDR4-2133GHz

GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Titanium 8GB

Case: Thermaltake View 27
Storage: SanDisk 2.5" 128GB SSD | Western Digital 3.5" 1TB HDD

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 550W

Displays: LG 27GL63TBenQ GW2270 21.5"

Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ Cherry MX Red Switches & 2010 Razer Blackwidow w/ Cherry MX Blues Switches

Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum

Headset: V-MODA Crossfade M-100

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 LTSC

Last updated: August 10, 2020 at 2:10 PM

Mobile Devices:

Spoiler

Phone: OnePlus 7 Pro Almond (OnePlus GM1917)

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8" (SM-T330NU)

Previous Phones: Apple iPhone 4, Apple iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (SM-N910W8), OnePlus 5T (OnePlus A5010), OnePlus 6 (OnePlus A6003)

PCPartsPicker:

Spoiler

PCPartsPicker Link: http://tiny.cc/KenTees

Last updated: April 23, 2019 at 2:00 PM

Buying a video card for looks 

586.gif

Core I7 5960X / Gigabyte X99 SOC Force / Kingston 16GB DDR4 3000 / EVGA GTX 980 Classified's In Quad SLI / EVGA 1600W G2

Core I7 6700K / Asus Z170 Maximus VIII Hero / Corsair 16GB DDR4 3000 / MSI R9 290X Lightning / EVGA 1600W T2

LIke if you clicked on this thinking it was @Jerakl. :P

As for the card G1 Gaming seems to have had good reception.

Did you really have to tag me 3 times?

I might go back to classy stormtrooper at some point in time. Used that emblem for at least my first 2K posts.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Asus Strix and MSI Gaming, avoid Gigabyte if you hate coil whine and overall low quality trash product.

Buying a video card for looks

Ain't nothing wrong with that.

Strix hands down IMO.

Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX | Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z270i | CPU Intel i7-7700K | RAM Team Vulcan 16GB DDR4 | GPU Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | Storage Crucial MX300 1TB M.2 | PSU Corsair RM750x

Nothing wrong with picking the best looking out of a line. Just pick a good line first.

I like EVGA's simple aesthetic. I dislike the lack of backplates though and I missed the opportunity to get a free one from them. Second would be Asus' Strix, less simple, but they look pretty good.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

Did you really have to tag me 3 times?

I might go back to classy stormtrooper at some point in time. Used that emblem for at least my first 2K posts.

i tagged you once...

Zotac Amp Extreme core... You G1 ppl dont know what you're talking about :P

zotac-gtx-970-amp-extreme-core-edition-g

this and if it has a back plate then yeah more so :)

but the msi ones I'm liking too

Live your life like a dream.

i tagged you once...

1047dc63ad.png

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

EVGA has the best looking cards.

Am I the only one around here who really doesn't like pcpartpicker?
I also like Ubisoft and Origin/EA          
Guess I'm just odd that way.

HATER OF MAIL IN REBATES!