Youtube will no longer allow video overlays of sponsor logos and product branding, unless Google is paid by the sponsor

Overl0rd

LMG should start their own video service. :P

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

I would be the good person to disable adblock on person, HAD GOOGLE NOT IMPLEMENTED FUCKING MIDROLLS. Prerolls are fine, Banners, alittle intrusive, but I can deal with that, but midrolls are fucking absurd, especially the way Google has it where they are placed at seemingly random points of the videos. I pretty much only adblock youtube for that one reason. If I can control what it blocks, like only block FUCKING MIDROLLS, then I would set it to that. Sadly, its just not possible to do that sort of thing. I guess the only way i will be able to support the content creators I like will be via donations...

Actually some guys like phelous or the cinema snob do midrolls tastefully doing an old time movie interruption add and all, I don't mind those.

But otherwise yeah fuck midrolls.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Fuck you, Google. How is this good idea, at all? Let's piss off the people making videos for our service. That will certainly make them not look for a possible alternative.

I think you're missing the point here. YouTube isn't television nor has it anything to do with broadcasting on a big scale. YouTube is Social Media.

No it's not. I get your point from a legal stand they claim to be social media to get away with this. You failed to get my point which is that legally they Can do it but morally it's a shit move.

They're a content delivery platform with abyssal social media features to cover technicalities, they are for practical purposes just like a TV broadcast station so I have nothing else to say on this.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Google.... I TRUSTED YOU!

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

NO!, we want ads in our linus videos

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

Google is trying to fuck over Youtube, but only the smaller once because if the bigger ones leave to any other platform they will lose alot of money.

sad

*hands google a shovel*

*Backs a backhoe into their headquarters and put the bill on the seat*

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

So much for "don't be evil".

Time to find out how best to get in touch with them and voice our opinion.  If all the content creators get their viewers to do so too, they'll be flooded with emails. 

Super unpopular opinion. They are so right. The same way that you can't advertise other services on this forum. Isn't is a little hypocritical then?

Good point Sire.

LMG wants no advertisement using their sevices (in this case forum) so they cant really complain about Google not allowing it on youtube (for free).

Now its just overlays but it will turn into full ban on unauthorised ads in videos.

I wonder if Youtube is going to flag or block or put a warning on every single video that came out before they announced this LOL.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I wonder if Youtube is going to flag or block or put a warning on every single video that came out before they announced this LOL.

If they find a way to legally do that based upon rules that have long been forgotten, they can force the video creators to pay back the money they got from all those videos.  That would wipe out almost every tech channel.  

Good point Sire.

LMG wants no advertisement using their sevices (in this case forum) so they cant really complain about Google not allowing it on youtube (for free).

Now its just overlays but it will turn into full ban on unauthorised ads in videos.

Eh. It's a different circumstance. This is a forum site where they don't want people click baiting to member's YouTube channels for views, that's just a rule to protect against spam and to keep the integrity of the forum. This forum doesn't really make LMG money except for linking to affiliate sponsorships that are optional.

"Now its just overlays but it will turn into full ban on unauthorised ads in videos."

It is a ban on unauthorized ads, it's in the FAQ document:

What is the definition of a paid product placement?

Paid product placements are defined as pieces of content that are created specifically for a sponsor and where that sponsor's brand, message or product is integrated directly into the content. A typical example of a paid product placement is one in which a marketer pays a partner to specifically mention their product or brand in what would normally be the editorial part of the content.

Do I need to notify YouTube if a video has a paid product placement?

Yes, you can notify us by ticking the appropriate box when you're choosing your monetisation settings for a video.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

If they find a way to legally do that based upon rules that have long been forgotten, they can force the video creators to pay back the money they got from all those videos.  That would wipe out almost every tech channel.  

Oh geeze, hopefully it's not retroactive.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

Vimeo has a per-user upload limit per week/month and it's laughably small, they are too small time to afford servers.

Dailymotion is stuck in the stone age of video compression and is an adware shithole.

The only hope is whatever Yahoo! said they were working on, which went all quiet-mode.

I hope something proper emerges from a country with sustainable copyright laws and won't be DMCA lapdogs like Google.

yahoo screen is not that bad. fairly clean and nice UI, everything from the menu options on the left and top. they just need better navigation. its too touchscreen optimized and has huge thumbnails and icons all over the place. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

Eh. It's a different circumstance. This is a forum site where they don't want people click baiting to member's YouTube channels for views, that's just a rule to protect against spam and to keep the integrity of the forum. This forum doesn't really make LMG money except for linking to affiliate sponsorships that are optional.

"Now its just overlays but it will turn into full ban on unauthorised ads in videos."

It is a ban on unauthorized ads, it's in the FAQ document:

What is the definition of a paid product placement?

Paid product placements are defined as pieces of content that are created specifically for a sponsor and where that sponsor's brand, message or product is integrated directly into the content. A typical example of a paid product placement is one in which a marketer pays a partner to specifically mention their product or brand in what would normally be the editorial part of the content.

Do I need to notify YouTube if a video has a paid product placement?

Yes, you can notify us by ticking the appropriate box when you're choosing your monetisation settings for a video.

Wow, this is gonna get real big on thw internet now.

If it gets to the point when nobody can mention sponsors or advertise a product in any way, then new service should rise to compete. Or the amount google will ask for such activity should be under 3%.

Francis will flip tables again :D

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Policy makers for ads at google are dum ass guys they will lose alot of business like this.

CPU: i7 4790K | Ram:Corsair Vengeance 8GB | GPU: Asus R9 270 | Cooling :Corsair H100i | Storage : Intel SSD, Seagate HDDs | PSU : Corsair VS 550 | Case: CM HAF Advanced.

There are, at the beginning of the video.

I know there is ads my point is that without ads content creator can't create content (cause they aren't paid)

@LinusTech and @Slick : Easy solution (if it's allowed, at least) : Print the sponsor logos on paper and hang that on the wall.  Or similar (plotted logos on plastic would look more pofessional)

gotta love technicalities

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

What the actual fuck Google?

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

THink my next phone will be a windows phone.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

If Youtube doesn't get some competition Google will just keep doing shit like this. Perhaps we will go back to privately hosting your own videos and uploading them to your website. No doubt TekSyndicate could probably pull that off with their streaming systems...