Youtube will no longer allow video overlays of sponsor logos and product branding, unless Google is paid by the sponsor

Overl0rd

How come Linus doesn't want to talk about it in depth  on the show?

Might be a big no no to talk about it on a show.

He addressed it on the Aftershow.

Current build: Konata-ROG

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7-4790K, 4.4GHz @ 1.2V | Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus VI Impact | Cooler: H80i GT with 2x Silverstone Air Penetrator 120mm | Case: Cooler Master Elite 130| SSD: AData SP550 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 750GB 2.5; WD Blue SSHD 1TB 2.5; WD Red 1TB 3.5 | RAM: Mushkin Redline 2x8GB DDR3-1866 | VGA: Sapphire Dual-X R9 280X | PSU: Silverstone SX600-L

Current build: Konata-HTPC

Spoiler

CPU: AMD FX-6100 (currently at stock) | Mobo: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 | Cooler: Silverstone AR-06 | Case: Silverstone GD10 | SSD: AData SX900 256GB | RAM: ADATA XPG 2X4GB DDR3-1600, Kingston HyperX 2-4GB DDR3-1600 | VGA: MSI HD7950 Twin Frozr III | LG Blu-Ray PSU: XFX TS 750W

He addressed it on the Aftershow.

I didn't see it, what was said?

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

I didn't see it, what was said?

Bloody hell, it was available in the Twitch archive, but when I checked just now, the afterparty video (including the Youtube info and the garage sale) disappeared. What happened @LinusTech? Sigh, it basically gave Linus' thoughts on the whole situation, and what happened when another Youtuber who reviews phones made a Patreon account, the negative response she got, and how she actively responded to her detractors.

Not much is changing at LMG for the time being, but don't expect to see an Intel logo, at least a normal one, for a very long time.

Current build: Konata-ROG

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7-4790K, 4.4GHz @ 1.2V | Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus VI Impact | Cooler: H80i GT with 2x Silverstone Air Penetrator 120mm | Case: Cooler Master Elite 130| SSD: AData SP550 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 750GB 2.5; WD Blue SSHD 1TB 2.5; WD Red 1TB 3.5 | RAM: Mushkin Redline 2x8GB DDR3-1866 | VGA: Sapphire Dual-X R9 280X | PSU: Silverstone SX600-L

Current build: Konata-HTPC

Spoiler

CPU: AMD FX-6100 (currently at stock) | Mobo: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 | Cooler: Silverstone AR-06 | Case: Silverstone GD10 | SSD: AData SX900 256GB | RAM: ADATA XPG 2X4GB DDR3-1600, Kingston HyperX 2-4GB DDR3-1600 | VGA: MSI HD7950 Twin Frozr III | LG Blu-Ray PSU: XFX TS 750W

Oh my god. This is just stupid.

I can bet that this won't work and after while they will change this policy.

I do hope so.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

So, we heard you was trying to cut us out of the deal?

j5Pl9pf.jpg

CPU: i5 4670K  Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo  MB: Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 ATX  RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengance  GPU: MSI R9 280 3GB

PSU: EVGA 600W Bronze  Case: Corsair 200R (with pair of 120MM Noctua Redux PWM fans)  SSD: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO

HDD: 1TB Toshiba DT01ACA100   Optical: Pioneer BDR-209DBK Blu-ray writer

I think the only thing that could change googles mind is having groups of creators who draw huge view counts leave the service to something like Vessel.  I see both sides of the coin here, but I think google needs to change its cut. Does a record label take almost 50% of an artists income no. Youtube is not creating the content they are just serving it, so their cut should be a lot smaller.

I think the only thing that could change googles mind is having groups of creators who draw huge view counts leave the service to something like Vessel.  I see both sides of the coin here, but I think google needs to change its cut. Does a record label take almost 50% of an artists income no. Youtube is not creating the content they are just serving it, so their cut should be a lot smaller.

Actually... Record labels are a baaad example... There have been a lot of ex-label artists that cut out the label and have since sold directly to the public, talk about their time whilst signed to a label and how little their cut of the profits are compared to selling their music direct to the public without the corporation whittling away the money with hidden 'fees' and crap...

Actually... Record labels are a baaad example... There have been a lot of ex-label artists that cut out the label and have since sold directly to the public, talk about their time whilst signed to a label and how little their cut of the profits are compared to selling their music direct to the public without the corporation whittling away the money with hidden 'fees' and crap...

You can have bad deals, but no label is near 50% is what I was getting at. In the music industry its not just the label that causes the issue its that you have label, management, personal management, lawyer, tour management, publicists and ect. all with their hands in the pot before you even see anything. I have been in the music industry for many years, so I seen it all first hand.

well since 99% of the money from ticket sold goes to the theater

Completely wrong, theaters make their money from concessions not from ticket sales.

I generally like google, but they screwed up here...bad.

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

Completely wrong, theaters make their money from concessions not from ticket sales.

yes got to love the 7 dollar popcorn and 6 dollar soda. Its almost internet service level markups there.

Google at it again. Hey google don't be sooooo greedy!

yeah I know read the post above. I was making a metaphor (like I was saying that if creator don't get ticket sale revenue (aka normal ads) they need to make their own ads to cover the cost/make a profit)

So basically if you don't use the Google partnership to get money from the YT views, you :

a ) don't have to annoy your viewers with Youtube's own minute-long no-skippable ads before and even during the video

b ) can put in sponsor logos and ads as much as you want.

Depending on how much either source of income generates, that might give food for thought ...

So basically if you don't use the Google partnership to get money from the YT views, you :

a ) don't have to annoy your viewers with Youtube's own minute-long no-skippable ads before and even during the video

b ) can put in sponsor logos and ads as much as you want.

Depending on how much either source of income generates, that might give food for thought ...

this might work for less than 1 percent of channels out there that gets many millions of views on daily videos but everybody else is screwed

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch