Valve suspends 19 more CS:GO players for match fixing

Rohith_Kumar_Sp

Valve's ongoing investigation into pro-level Counter-Strike: Global Offensive match fixing has resulted in the suspension of another 19 players from its sponsored events. The ban means that three teams—Epsilon eSports, the former ESC Gaming, and WinneR—will not be eligible to compete in the offline qualifier for the upcoming ESL One Katowice 2015.

ESL One has scheduled a "last-chance tournament" for February 8 to determine the teams that will replace Epsilon eSports and ESC Gaming, while LGB eSports and 3DMAX will take WinneR's position. The league noted that those two teams had been slated to play a third-place match in the second European qualifier, but that will no longer be necessary as both teams will now advance.

14 of the players determined to be involved in match fixing have been given indefinite suspensions that won't be reviewed prior to 2016:

• Kevin “Uzzziii” Vernel
  • Joey “fxy0” Schlosser
  • Robin “GMX” Stahmer
  • Morgan “B1GGY” Madour
  • Damian “DiAMon” Zarski
  • Michal “bCK” Lis
  • Jakub “kub” Pamula
  • Mateusz “matty” Kolodziejczyk
  • Michal “michi” Majkowski
  • Karol “rallen” Rodowicz
  • Mikolaj “mouz” Karolewski
  • Grzegorz “SZPERO” Dziamalek
  • Pawel “innocent” Mocek
  • Jacek “minise” Jeziak

Another five have been declared ineligible for ESL One Katowice while the investigation continues:

• Robin “r0bs3n” Stephan
  • Tahsin “tahsiN” Sarikaya
  • Koray “xall” Yaman
  • Ammar “am0” Cakmak
  • Antonin “TONI” Bernhardt

Valve again said that professional CS:GO players and teams "should under no circumstances gamble on CS:GO matches" or associate with those who do, a position echoed by the ESL. "At ESL, we want to underline the fact that unsportsmanlike behavior, such as match fixing, will not be tolerated, and therefore the banned players will not be allowed to take part in any ESL CS:GO tournaments until these cases are reviewed by Valve," it said in a statement.

The Counter-Strike: Global Offensive tournament at ESL One Katowice 2015 runs from March 12-15, and features a $250,000 prize pool.

77a2hp3tp7dz.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

Source : http://www.pcgamer.com/valve-suspends-19-more-csgo-players-for-match-fixing/

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

What's the point of even watching CS:GO, it's just full of cheats and hackers. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Betting. Always betting.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

Oh please. People don't watch the super bowl just because they bet on it. CS:GO is a very entertaining game to watch, regardless of bets.

Ya know, when a certain tournament asked for the betting to be taken down for them, the viewership plummeted so much that they had to re add the match in order to get more views. 

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

*plot twist* anyone who kills you in any FPS game is hacking/cheating/fixing in some way.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Ahaha, cheater-cheater pumpkin eaters. No eSports for you! :lol:

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Coffee is one hell of a thing.

I initially thought you said coffee is one hell of a drug, I'm waaaayyy tooo tired. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Oh please. People don't watch the super bowl just because they bet on it. CS:GO is a very entertaining game to watch, regardless of bets.

It's the only reason I watched it, and made $2000 on it.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Most of them are Polish... way to go motherfuckers, keeping those retarded stereotypes true.

Most of them are Polish... way to go motherfuckers, keeping those retarded stereotypes true.

Can you give one ????? I want to know.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Maybe lower tiers. But for the games that most people watch, NiP verse VP, etc, where are all the cheaters?

*plot twist* anyone who kills you in any FPS game is hacking/cheating/fixing in some way.

Hey you, yes you. I see you have a fancy 144hz monitor and dual 290x....that gives you an unfair advantage so off with your head!

-------

Current Rig

-------

Valve will look at what the rest of the world does like say in the NFL where the CHEATRIOTS reign supreme and give these guys a slap on the wrist.  One year ban will be the max.  and they will be back playing.  It is a total joke.  The world is crap.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

The ESC players that were banned have since been unbanned, there was no evidence they were involved. Nice job Volvo for almost ruining 5 peoples lives for no reason.

The ESC players that were banned have since been unbanned, there was no evidence they were involved. Nice job Volvo for almost ruining 5 peoples lives for no reason.

Volvo? 

Valve did nothing wrong here, if the players were suspected of cheating a ban makes sense, when they found there was nothing implicating them they lifted the ban, its the only reasonable thing they can do.

Yeah, you and 12 other people think so. While the thousands if better don't watch matches.

Irish in Vancouver, what's new?

So much for being "professional" what a shame...

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

Why doesn't valve just fix the matches themselves instead of letting other players deal with these broken matches.

How would Valve match fixing solve this problem? It would only make it far less credible. CSGO would become the equivalent of WWE. :D