Official Nvidia GTX 970 Discussion Thread

I have explained if you dont understand or accept i have no time to make drawings for you

have fun, cheers

He has a clear and present nvidia bias.

Its best just to ignore him.

It is what i will do.

He is so mad about this that he harasses AMD personal on twitter.

It's currently an issue with the way the memory is currently being handeled. It will stop being an issue with proper heuristics!  

I have explained this FIVE times now. This is why I told you to leave. You are too stupid to understand these matters yet continue your fear-mongering and AMD fanboyism.

I have explained if you dont understand or accept i have no time to make drawings for you

have fun, cheers

predictable , have a nice day

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

It's currently an issue with the way the memory is currently being handeled. It will stop being an issue with proper heuristics!  

I have explained this FIVE times now. This is why I told you to leave. You are too stupid to understand these matters yet continue your fear-mongering and AMD fanboyism.

Like i said its currently an issue NOW.

Wether nvidia will fix it or not is speculation.

And speculation does not  bode well in a debate.

Like i said dont be mad , your name calling is childish and immature.

Cheers.

On Ultra. You can just set the textures a little lower and have no issues. You shouldn't really expect a 285 or 760 to run everything on ultra. 

I'm not mad, you're just ignorant. Which is annoying because you keep repeating the same things over and over again.

The fact is ultra textures are taking a bigger buffer to render them, and thus so requiring more Vram. Sure clock speeds and what not matter, but Vram also matters.

in gaming. I think what zapplan is saying is that putting a outdated quantity of Vram in any new video card is a poor choice for a card pointed towards gaming.

more than 2gb atm. You may say "well, why don't you just turn down the settings?", well i would expect a new card such as a GTX 960 to be able to play anything  

for a period of time on Ultra, as my 660. They should of equipped the card with either 3 or 4GB, so people could at least over clock, if clock speed would be a issue.  

2GB is kinda inexcusable, and i was kinda stunned to hear that it was 2GB. 

Why do you have insult people? If you don't like he says, and you're tired of it, just simply ignore it :)

I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends.

~Abraham Lincoln

In times when we are on the brink of destruction, war, and loosing ourselves, let's remember a basic fundamental element of love, forgiveness, and understanding; God bless!

Come on people.

We spent 48 pages in a single thread debating about this issue. And we keep going around and around in circles.

This is what the situation boils down to:

The GTX 970 is a very fast card for the price. All what has happened is that Nvidia has properly explained the behaviour the card performed under certain conditions, and corrected the facts as such.

Is the GTX 970 still the rocket fast card at a reasonable price? Yes it is.

Has what was revealed changed anything in terms of performance? No it hasn't.

It's not like Nvidia rolled out a GTX 970 that was specific to reviewers as reviewer samples and another version that they bait and switched sold to everyone else that was crippled, or that Nvidia released a software update crippling the card's performance permanently.

The fact is ultra textures are taking a bigger buffer to render them, and thus so requiring more ram. Sure clock speeds and what not matter, but Vram also means a lot, and definitely today

in gaming. I think what zapplan is saying is that putting a outdated quantity of Vram in any new video card is a poor choice for a card pointed towards gaming, as i said before gaming needs

more than 2gb atm. You may say "well, why don't you just turn down the settings?", well i would expect a new card such as a GTX 960 to be able to play anything for a period of time on

Ultra, as my 660. They should of equipped the card with either 3 or 4GB, so people could at least over clock, if clock speed would be a issue. 2GB is kinda inexcusable, and i was kinda

stunned to hear that it was 2GB. 

Why do you have insult people? If you don't like he says, and you're tired of it, just simply ignore it :)

He resorts to ad hominem and name calling to sort his matters.

Such a violent individual.

He has a clear and present nvidia bias.

Its best just to ignore him.

It is what i will do.

He is so mad about this that he harasses AMD personal on twitter.

the same way you have clear and present AMD bias.? 

not actually , i am not hating AMD here, you are on a Tech forum crapping over Nvidia,

i only wish you would ignore this post and go away as you said yesterday .

i was not mad about AMD , i gain nothing by hating on them , but you on the other had offending people here on the forum hating on nvidia , i have no other explanation why would you hate on nvidia unless you are fanboying here . do you have an explanation as regarding why ?  

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Why do you have insult people? If you don't like he says, and you're tired of it, just simply ignore it  :)

Read back. He keeps using the same arguments, and I debunk them. And then he uses it again. Repeat. He has no clue and yet continues to use his arguments no matter what we say to him. If you don't undestand that this can get annoying after a certain time, you're not thinking clearly.

Like i said its currently an issue NOW.

Wether nvidia will fix it or not is speculation.

They will, because OS and Driver already can detect and select which memory is suitable for which task, otherwise it would be completely random which memory they'd use (cache, system memory, vram). The 512MB just isn't divided properly yet, which should be easy enough to do.

i think this thread needs to be locked its kinda getting out of hand and just keeps going around and around can some one tag some mods in?

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Read back. He keeps using the same arguments, and I debunk them. And then he uses it again. Repeat. He has no clue and yet continues to use his arguments no matter what we say to him. If you don't undestand that this can get annoying after a certain time, you're not thinking clearly.

They will, because OS and Driver already can detect and select which memory is suitable for which task, otherwise it would be completely random which memory they'd use (cache, system memory, vram). The 512MB just isn't divided properly yet, which should be easy enough to do.

They WILL?

Like i said speculation.

You can prove me wrong when they do , until then no cigar.

If they fix it i will be the first one admitting i was wrong.

"Read back. He keeps using the same arguments, and I debunk them. And then he uses it again. Repeat. He has no clue and yet continues to use his arguments no matter what we say to him. If you don't undestand that this can get annoying after a certain time, you're not thinking clearly" - It doesn't give you a right to be a dick., or do anything to help your side of the situation. 

Core Values (LTT's)

Generally speaking, as long as the following rules are met you should never find yourself subject to disciplinary action:

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.
  • Ensure the privacy of our members and that of others.
  • Comply with both US and Canadian law
  • Encourage responsible use of our forums and discourage activities which disrupt our community and reduce the value of our services to our visitors.
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
  • No "lmgtfy" style posts or demeaning posts targeted at anyone.
  • "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
  • "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.
  • Remember your audience; both present and future.

I see that you're in violation of a few core values.  I underlined them for you.

~Abraham Lincoln

In times when we are on the brink of destruction, war, and loosing ourselves, let's remember a basic fundamental element of love, forgiveness, and understanding; God bless!

Sure @airdeano

It shouldn't be locked. What are we 12? Can we not handle such a simple conversation? 

~Abraham Lincoln

I see that you're in violation of a few core values.  I underlined them for you.

Which he also violates, and he did it first. Which is why I told you to look back. At a certain poiint everyone stops being friendly when the other party is in so much dissonance.

What you're doing here is like walking into a bar fight, grab a random person and accuse him of starting it and lecturing him.

They WILL?

Like i said speculation.

No it's just logic. 

Which he also violates, and he did it first. Which is why I told you to look back.

This is like walking into a bar fight, grab a random person and accuse him of starting it and lecturing him.

No it's just logic. 

"Which he also violates, and he did it first. Which is why I told you to look back." We are talking about you, and not him. If he did, it doesn't excuse you, and that logic is just childish ("Well billy took a cookie too").

~Abraham Lincoln

Which he also violates, and he did it first. Which is why I told you to look back. At a certain poiint everyone stops being friendly when the other party is in so much dissonance.

What you're doing here is like walking into a bar fight, grab a random person and accuse him of starting it and lecturing him.

No it's just logic. 

Thats called jumping to conclusions.

Anyway tag me in the forums if i end up being wrong.

Until then your idea is a pipe dream.

Anyways off to studying for finals , gonna check out in a few hours to see what this thread is like.

Have a good day sir  ;)

predictable , have a nice day

since you told me to have a nice day and not calling me a idiot i will respond not that i want to change your take on the matter or to bother you.

at this point this not about the performance issues, there are some but still is a great product, on the other hand the specs do not match what people payed for they have the right to be upset, obviously some people are over reacting and trying to gain something from this, in my honest opinion those people that really want a card with matched specs should be helped by NV and pay the extra difference form their pocket and get a 980, to others asking for a free a game NV should just close thir eyes and do just that...a sign of good faith, hey he sorry and take this fore your "trouble" in my opinion i don't like this last option but i would do it just to clear the room.

last but not least the design of the 970 is made my intent, nothing took a long time to discover it has allways been there, the engineers and makers now this, how could they have been quite, that i will never believe, they came clean after the cuda test and then all went to hell

"Which he also violates, and he did it first. Which is why I told you to look back." We are talking about you, and not him. If he did, it doesn't excuse you, and that logic is just childish ("Well billy took a cookie too").

So what you're saying is, we should remain friendly eventhough he is chronically refusing to accept any hypothesis except his own (even when being talked at my >8 people) and continues to patrol the forums looking for threads to latch on to so he can tell people to buy 290X's instead based on the same ignorant logic?

You honestly believe that this serves a positive purpose on the forum? Cognitive dissonance combined with extreme bias/fanboyism? That kinda puts your comments into a perspective which makes me reject your lecture towards me. Because that is not being objective.

So what you're saying is, we should remain friendly eventhough he is chronically refusing to accept any hypothesis except his own (even when being talked at my >8 people) and continues to patrol the forums looking for threads to latch on to so he can tell people to buy 290X's instead based on the same ignorant logic?

You honestly believe that this serves a positive purpose on the forum? Cognitive dissonance combined with extreme bias/fanboyism? That kinda puts your comments into a perspective which makes me reject your lecture towards me. Because that is not being objective.

The 290x is cheaper , performs the about same( considering its quite cheaper) , has more fast VRAM and higher bit BUS.

The cheapest 290x is  240 buck with rebate.

Thats some great price/performance.

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/powercolor-video-card-axr9290x4gbd5tdhe

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1059?vs=1355

Thats why i recommend it.

lair lair pants on fire.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

You honestly believe that this serves a positive purpose on the forum? Cognitive dissonance combined with extreme bias/fanboyism? That kinda puts your comments into a perspective which makes me reject your lecture towards me. Because th at is not being objective.

"So what you're saying is, we should remain friendly even though he is chronically refusing to accept any hypothesis except his own (even when being talked at my >8 people) "- Yes. It's the mature, and right thing to do, especially under unimportant subject line such as this, were we should always be friendly.

"and continues to patrol the forums looking for threads to latch on to so he can tell people to buy 290X's instead based on the same ignorant logic?" - That's his business, do you really care that much that someone is express their honest, and trust opinion? Everyone has one, i bet i can find some opinions that you have that are wrong, but i'm not going to start a internet flame war on a thread over it; grow up man.

"You honestly believe that this serves a positive purpose on the forum? Cognitive dissonance combined with extreme bias/fanboyism. That kinda puts your comments into a perspective which makes me reject your lecture towards me. Because that is not being objective." - All opinions serve a positive purpose on this forum if they are legitimate, and his are. There is a lot of bias in this world, so get used to it, and cope. Look at the bad, and good opinions, then make the best outta both of them.  Stop being arrogant. 

~Abraham Lincoln

The 290x is cheaper , performs the same , has more fast VRAM and higher bit BUS.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1059?vs=1355

Thats why i recommend it.

As long as you mention it's also 50% less energy efficient, uses about 100W more during load, is countless times louder during idle for not having 0dB fans, and the extra VRAM has no real tangible benefit for it's intended use (because as you say yourself, speculation has no place in debates! :)). Sure, go ahead. Otherwise it's called misleading.

"So what you're saying is, we should remain friendly even though he is chronically refusing to accept any hypothesis except his own (even when being talked at my >8 people) "- Yes. It's the mature, and right thing to do, especially under unimportant subject line such as this, were we should always be friendly.

"and continues to patrol the forums looking for threads to latch on to so he can tell people to buy 290X's instead based on the same ignorant logic?" - That's his busniess, do you really care that much that someone is express there honest, and trust opinon? Everyone has one, i bet i can find some opinons that you have that are wrong, but i'm not going to start a internet flame war on a thread over it; grow up man.

"You honestly believe that this serves a positive purpose on the forum? Cognitive dissonance combined with extreme bias/fanboyism. That kinda puts your comments into a perspective which makes me reject your lecture towards me. Because that is not being objective." - All opinions serve a positive purpose on this forum if they are legitimate, and his are. There is a lot of bias in this world, so get used to it, and cope. Look at the bad, and good opinions, then make the best outta both of them.  Stop being arrogant. 

I have already explained with I recommend 290x , four posts above this one.

I have a logical reason to do so.

As long as you mention it's also 50% less energy efficient, uses about 100W more during load, is countless times louder during idle for not having 0dB fans, and the extra VRAM has no real tangible benefit for it's intended use (because as you say yourself, speculation has no place in debates! :)). Sure, go ahead. Otherwise it's called misleading.

Thats why 290x cfx is faster at 4k than 970 SLI.

Because the extra VRAM and higher bit BUS makes no difference.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2014/11/19/nvidia_geforce_gtx_970_sli_4k_nv_surround_review/2#.VMoZPiusVSk