Official Nvidia GTX 970 Discussion Thread

please elaborate 

if they had disclosed the real specs and how the card actually handles memory allocation during the launch period they would not be in this shit storm 

they did not come clean, not for one second can anyone believe their was a no communication between departments for such a long time.

its practically a damaged product in the eyes of the public .

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8913/amd-reports-q4-fy-2014-and-full-year-results

What's that AMD? You were saying something about doing good business?

@zappian, stay away.

You are not the boss of me btw.

Just saying.

Thats because their cpus are shit and no one wants to buy them.

No, they also sell their cards at nearly no margin, just like their CPU's. They are literally the worst example of doing business. And they lecture companies who are doing great business.

It's really fucking ironic xD

No, they also sell their cards at nearly no margin, just like their CPU's.

Their cpu division is sinking , do you think it reflects well in their balance.

Your response to this is a ad hominem to AMD.

What does AMD have to do with this btw?

No, they also sell their cards at nearly no margin, just like their CPU's. They are literally the worst example of doing business. And they lecture companies who are doing great business.

It's really fucking ironic xD

Lol i never said AMD was perfect.

Their cards are good for the price but their cpus are pure crap.

Their cpu division is sinking , do you think it reflects well in their balance.

Your response to this is a ad hominem to AMD.

What does AMD have to do with this btw?

In response to theirs, don't deflect now that you're losing the argument again. Do you think their 384bit cards with die sizes twice that of Nvidia selling at less turn a nice profit? No they don't.

You're being a muppet again.

In response to theirs, don't deflect now that you're losing the argument again. Do you think their 384bit cards with die sizes twice that of Nvidia selling at less turn a nice profit? No they don't.

You're being a muppet again.

Why are you insulting me? This clearly is making you mad for some reason.

At least they have good cards for the price , they have taken that commitment to produce good cards for the consumer.

I recommend a 280 over the 960 all the time because games are starting use more than 2 GB of VRAM.

I posted this on another 970 thread, but I just want to share some form of positivity from this whole debacle. 

10362369_758528650892304_107582702285792

I found it strangley amusing.

I recommend a 280 over the 960 all the time because games are starting use more than 2 GB of VRAM.

Using 2GB =/= need 2GB. I've explained this to you four times already. 

It was in response to their stupid "4GB means 4GB" stab. They are literally the LAST people who can take the high-ground or lecture companies about doing business. Since they're doing such a terrible job at it, bordering bankruptcy.

I posted this on another 970 thread, but I just want to share some form of positivity from this whole debacle. 

10362369_758528650892304_107582702285792

I found it strangley amusing.

Clean your screen!

I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends.

~Abraham Lincoln

In times when we are on the brink of destruction, war, and loosing ourselves, let's remember a basic fundamental element of love, forgiveness, and understanding; God bless!

Clean your screen!

it isn't mine  :P But yea it's time for a wipe down on this sucker.

Using 2GB =/= need 2GB. I've explained this to you four times already. 

It was in response to their stupid "4GB means 4GB" stab. They are literally the LAST people who can take the high-ground or lecture companies about doing business. Since they're doing such a terrible job at it, bordering bankruptcy.

Some games need more than 2 GB VRAM.

som_1920kukvw.png

But hey thats just my opinion , and most people would agree with me on these forums.

The 280 is a better all around card than the 960.

No need to be mad man , just my opinion.

Cheers.

if they had disclosed the real specs and how the card actually handles memory allocation during the launch period they would not be in this shit storm 

they did not come clean, not for one second can anyone believe their was a no communication between departments for such a long time.

its practically a damaged product in the eyes of the public .

still waiting where is your explanation to "NVidia damaged a great card" , still waiting to here your biased opinion 

they did not come clean, not for one second can anyone believe their was a no communication between departments for such a long time

so you just assumed they knew this from the start when they released and waited for the shit storm , makes sense. you are an Idiot if you think they need to respond to you without making any investigation first.

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Some games need more than 2 GB VRAM.

On Ultra. You can just set the textures a little lower and have no issues. You shouldn't really expect a 285 or 760 to run everything on ultra. 

I'm not mad, you're just ignorant. Which is annoying because you keep repeating the same things over and over again.

On Ultra. You can just set the textures a little lower and have no issues. You shouldn't really expect a 285 or 760 to run everything on ultra. 

I'm not mad, you're just ignorant. Which is annoying because you keep repeating the same things over and over again.

Another insult i see.

What if i want to play games at ultra?

For the low price of 165 bucks or 170 depending on the brand i can get a card that can do that at over 30 frames.

Even with all the filters turned up.

Like i said no need to be mad.

Your name calling is useless.

There has been a poll made on this matter , and most people here agree with me

Cheers.

Another insult i see.

What if i want to play games at ultra?

There has been a poll made on this matter , and most people here agree with me

Don't play the victim card and pretend yesterday didn't happen.

Buy a better card. Don't create scenario's that aren't realistic like aiming for 30fps.

You create an echochamber, ask a loaded question and thereby conclude that the majority agrees with you?

Heh, hehe. Oh you.

Don't play the victim card and pretend yesterday didn't happen.

Buy a better card. Don't create scenario's that aren't realistic like aiming for 30fps.

Yeah the 280x is only 20 or 30 bucks more expensive than a 960.

That would be even better.

Why are you harassing the man?

Jesus christ wtf.

So if i sell you a car that i advertise as a car that easily goes over 200 MPH.

You buy it and it only goes to 190 MPH and then it craps out.

Would you be satisfied with your purchase?

I know i wouldn't.

Just my two cents. 

Fuck me drunk, we have been over this so  many times now, when will you guys finally get it,  Nvidia did not release a product that has been gimped since release.  It has always been as fast as the day it was released, the performance has not changed.  The benchmarks all said it could do x frames at x resolution and that's what it does.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Fuck me drunk, we have been over this so  many times now, when will you guys finally get it,  Nvidia did not release a product that has been gimped since release.  It has always been as fast as the day it was released, the performance has not changed.  The benchmarks all said it could do x frames at x resolution and that's what it does.

The analogy is right since the card craps out after 3.5 GB .

People were simply not aware of that at release and are now.

Its still the same card , we simply know more about how it works now.

And we know the limitations of the card when we didn't before.

That much is accurate.

Cheers.

The analogy is right since the card craps out after 3.5 GB .

People were simply not aware of that at release and are now.

Its still the same card , we simply know more about how it works now.

And we know the limitations of the card when we didn't before.

That much is accurate.

Cheers.

Can you please

stopt this unnecessary 

line skipping

that serves no real

purpose?

Anyway, you're right that the memory bus realistically can only use 3.5GB in terms of high-bandwidth use. That however, does not imply it's a limiting factor in it's realistic use as a graphics card. I've been over this countless times. The fact games use x-amount of memory, does not mean they require it to properly function.

And if you honestly believe that, than even 4GB is weak. Which begs the question just how far you're willing to make the shitty console ports the default standard.

And btw, A 290X doesn't really have 4GB either, it's 4GB - Windows desktop.

Reply to my comment would you?

I can only respond to those who are intelligent enough to hear and understand what's the other person is trying to convey, and then there's you , you seem more upset and angry about 970 then those who actually have bought the card, you don't even own a nvidia card and here you are fanboying all over AMD by hating on Nvidia , i'm sorry , no matter what explanation or reasoning i give to you , you still will find a way to argue , and no , when engine of a car is rated at 200 km/h , it's tested in an controlled environment , it will never be the real life stats, no car will deliver the speed which it was suppose to deliver on road .have a nice day. 

If_36134c_1812648.jpg

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Can you please

stopt this unnecessary 

line skipping

that serves no real

purpose?

Anyway, you're right that the memory bus realistically can only use 3.5GB in terms of high-bandwidth use. That however, does not imply it's a limiting factor in it's realistic use as a graphics card. I've been over this countless times. The fact games use x-amount of memory, does not mean they require it to properly function.

Its a limitation at high resolution.

http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/2tu86z/discussion_i_benchmarked_gtx_970s_in_sli_at_1440p/

HOWEVER.

The 970 has never been a good 4k card and the 290x and 980 have always been much better options.

The card is still a good performer but i would take a 290x myself because its cheaper and it has 4 GB of usable VRAM.

Unless you are into extreme OCing the 290x is a better alternative.

Just my two cents.

Cheers.

I can only respond to those who are intelligent enough to hear and understand what's the other person is trying to convey, and then there's you , you seem more upset and angry about 970 then those who actually have bought the card, you don't even own a nvidia card and here you are fanboying all over AMD by hating on Nvidia , i'm sorry , no matter what explanation or reasoning i give to you , you still will find a way to argue , and no , when engine of a car is rated at 200 km/h , it's tested in an controlled environment , it will never be the real life stats, no car will deliver the speed which it was suppose to deliver on road .have a nice day. 

If_36134c_1812648.jpg

Nice retort chap.

If you don't want to discuss this its fine by me.

still waiting where is your explanation to "NVidia damaged a great card" , still waiting to here your biased opinion 

so you just assumed they knew this from the start when they released and waited for the shit storm , makes sense. you are an Idiot if you think they need to respond to you without making any investigation first.

I have explained if you dont understand or accept i have no time to make drawings for you

have fun, cheers