FCC changes legal definition of 'broadband' to 25 Mbps/3 Mbps

well this is good, hopefully the UK will follow that trend

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Att currently gives me 23 Mbps. I think its capped because speed test just sits within the 22-23 range. Connection seems to be very consistent.

Do you guys think they will bump up my speeds?

I'll just leave this here...

U mad, bros?

4100302366.png

$45/month, no data cap.

well this might have did some good now, Just checked my ISPs website and the took their speeds down, they kept the broadband internet service slogan up. So I might see a change, hopefully.

This is what I get now and I pay $70 a month for it.
QHLeKwts.y3kJdIn6.png

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

i hope this has an impact on other countries as well,

having 16 down 1 up does work against me when running a yt channel

also isps dont offer more in my area so im stuck with this crap "forever" ;(

Xeon E3-1231-v3 // 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro // Asus Z97AR // XFX RX 480 GTR

A three to two decision... I want to know the two dumbasses that voted against raising the defintion.

The two people were apparently "republicans" but they sure as hell were not representing my conservative viewpoints. Once again GOP is embarrassing true republicans.

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

Guys im curious about something how much of that graph is actually bad country speeds offerrings and how much is the plebians fault for not upgrading their networks?in my country Romania minimum(yes minimum) you can get from my isp is 100/30 up/down at 6 euro/months no caps we should be rocking that chart basically everyone should have 100mpbs+ internet now but people arent upgrading are they?so the ISP's in this country have done  their job but the peasants arent upgrading.

Korea is small country(easy to upgrade networks) and people like technology there and are probably more tech-savy than the rest of the world,where as USAis huge(slow network upgrades) and has shittiest ISP's ive heard off ever,even if people are tech-savvy.

Now will I get these speeds on my Verizon Fios? Currently my maximum download speed on Steam is 2.6Mb.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

doesn't really do all that much unless they enforced something.   Now they'll just change the product service names around to probably dumb crap if it refers to broadband

Cox in my area upgraded everyone internet for free after they upped their speeds from 10 to 25 and from 50 to 100 for free! I think it's a good decision my area (Phoenix) is in on this.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Cox in my area upgraded everyone internet for free after they upped their speeds from 10 to 25 and from 50 to 100 for free! I think it's a good decision my area (Phoenix) is in on this.

That's probably them hoping they don't get pooped on by Google Fiber. Something tells me they'll end up bundling those higher speeds to try and get you to use their services for cable, phone and other stuff.

https://fiber.google.com/newcities/

FX-8350 | Asus Sabertooth 990fx r2.0 | 16 GB (2x8 1600Mhz) Corsair Vengeance | EVGA GeForce GTX 770 SC Dual | Corsair Vengeance C70 | 120GB Samsung EVO SSD, 1TB WD Black | Corsair AX860i | 2x BenQ XL2420TE | Corsair H110 | Logitech G15 | Logitech G500 | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Windows 8.1

That's probably them hoping they don't get pooped on by Google Fiber. Something tells me they'll end up bundling those higher speeds to try and get you to use their services for cable, phone and other stuff.

https://fiber.google.com/newcities/

Actually cox already has 1 gig speeds here same price as google fiber, and they are already developed here google fiber is only in the drawing boards faze.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

My internet is now 25x slower than broadband ;-;

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

I get 15 MB down and 1 MB up from TWC. It's broadband so I wonder how long it will take to get my extra speed. I should call them tomorrow and complain about it to see what happens.

"FCC says broadband is at least 25 MB down and I get 15 MB down, this isn't broadband it's like dial up in the 21'st century yo"

I get 15 MB down and 1 MB up from TWC. It's broadband so I wonder how long it will take to get my extra speed. I should call them tomorrow and complain about it to see what happens.

"FCC says broadband is at least 25 MB down and I get 15 MB down, this isn't broadband it's like dial up in the 21'st century yo"

That would actually be an interesting experiment. Would the FCC vote go into effect instantly? 

That would actually be an interesting experiment. Would the FCC vote go into effect instantly? 

It would be interesting to hear their plans none the less since we know this is coming. TWC only operates through coaxial and modems. So they can't get around not upping their speeds in my area since Broadband is all that is offered. :P

Lol, that means the Australia has no broadband. I have fairly high end internet here and i only get 35mbs down and not even 1mbs up

How many computer programmers does it take to change a light bulb?

None, that's a hardware problem.  :D

There's something odd with those speeds.They are very low everywhere.

http://www.netindex.com/download/allcountries/

There is some question as to the accuracy of akamia's data. It is nearly always wrong in Australia.  Apparently they aren't as thorough as ookla.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Yay, 3rd place <{O.o}^

I always feel sorry for you guys, when I hear the crap that's going on over there. Hearing all the stuff and having experienced terrible services (in down under, that was) really makes me appreciate what we have here more everyday.

But it seems, you guys are starting to move forward, so keep your heads up.

I think mbit is false advertising, ALWAYS. Why doesn't the fcc just say, " we are going to be good guys for one time, let's change the notation from mbit to actual MB." but of course the isp's have to trick non tech savvy people into thinking they have "fast" internet.

Interested in Business and Technology

I'm less concerned with download speeds as I am with upload, as thats become my limiting factor for some of the things I need to do. At my current speeds, its faster to put my content onto a SSD and simply drive it over to the persons house than it is to upload. 

Agreed I get 125 down 10 up which blows

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

does any 1 know if this counts for world wide or just in selected areas cos i really want to tear my ISP a new 1

It's a good thing that they upped the speed, but it still is kind of low, especially the upload speed. If they keep at it, maybe in a few years broadband will mean 50/10 or better :)

I'll just leave this here by the way:

4101544678.png

My home connection is laughing

4101671494.png

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Geforce RTX 3090 FE