What should I review next?

Can you do a review on motherboards and the chipsets, what they mean

a Z chipset means you can over clock

B = ... budget ?

T = ?

Etc ...  what are the cost benefits and differentials between the types

a video about power consumption between older systems and new ones in the view of home server that run 24/7. i woudl love to see the difference in performance and power consumption between 10 year old stuff (X58 1366 boards) and the latest and greatest from both the red and blue team. especially the ryzen vs intel in home server application would be really interesting to see.

that might show how "better" the technology has gotten as a $150 X58 xeon from ebay can still beat a modern i5 in performance.

On 1/28/2015 at 10:24 PM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

Just want some community feedback on this. Most of these things are already in the queue to some degree. Just trying to prioritize...

Several external graphics cases would make a good review.  There are a lot more than the Razer Core now.

Dear linus tech tips.

Have to get out first : Awesome videos. Really helpfull for this noob on building pcs. You made me want to build my own pc. Always bought pre builds. But I want the satisfaction of building my own rig. But.... I always see the $1000/$1500 builds. Or the insane $5000/$10000 builds. What about the people (like me) Who have a budget of $2000/$2500 + plus a bit. Speaking out for myself : I want to build a pc for usage of Photoshop, gaming and mabe streaming on twitch. Also I would love to see movies in 4K or even gameplay in 4K. The choices now are so hard with the new ryzen cpu's and Intel cpu's. 

So dear people at Linus Tech Tips is there any plans for a video like that. With at the end some options for diffrent cpu setups for like Intel i7 7700K or ryzen 7 1800x Or the i7 6800K etc.

Kind regards VowaNL :D

Review the Jaybird X3?

Let Luke(yes Luke, not Linus <3) review another Cooking item, maybe another Sous Vide item? @LinusTech

Buy creepy spy cameras, those button small once and let Linus be a creep, title: one small camera and you're suddenly a creep? - Linus

Love you guys <3

@LinusTech

Please review a Proper FPV Racing Quad, Those DJI with there googles are such over priced junk. Show everyone the racing/Freestyle options :) 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

Here's my Idea...

Benchmark how much airflow effects CPU temps by starting with none and ramping up in steps to.... A FREAKIN LEAF BLOWER AT FULL SPEED!

Yes use something like a hyper 212 evo and replace it's fan with various things such as a desk fan (the kind that keeps you cool in the summer) and eventually a leaf blower!

I can just picture Linus doing this video with his over the top reactions :)

derp

Most of the people I know (including me) are couch gamers.

now with 4k tv's coming down in price i know a lot of people that would like to know what to look for when buying a tv for gaming.

things like true 100hz, low input lag, game mode implementations etc.. 

Not really a review suggestion per say, but I would love to see a competition between built in car rear entertainment systems, and whatever Linus can Ghetto together. Like take a minivan that you see those "wonderful back display systems" advertised on, figure out how much extra that really costs, and use a budget to built something better. Like a compact lcd display of maybe 1080p, and hook it up to a mid end gaming laptop that is somehow hidden, maybe in the seat rest? Essentially, make fun of how much those terrible in car entertainment systems cost, while making Linus suffer showing how pc gamers can do it better. Thanks!

PS: I know this is a ridiculous amount of work, but I think it would be hilarious.

As #muricaparrotgang's founder, I invite you to join our ranks today.

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

(We actually welcome all forms of animated parrot gifs.)

The artist formerly known as Aelar_Nailo.

Profile Pic designed by the very lovely @Red :)!

@LinusTech Intel just launched its Last ever Itanium (IA64) chips, and HP will be selling the last HP-UX systems for 24/7 uptime mission critical applications towards the end of this year. Would love to see a review of one of them, and might give LTT the chance to play with a part of computing history.

Hello Linus, here is a idea for good video I never found in youtube information for the problem or on the web.|
So the idea is many people like me buy new TV's and they hook them to their old PC's or they buy one just for multimedia purpose. And there is no information specific for this problem - What components to buy for multimedia PC, why the hell my pc can run 3D blue ray video on the video player, but 1080p/60fps videos on youtube run like comics I mean on my old rig I can game some new games with 100+ fps on 1080p but can't play 1080p/60fps videos in youtube I mean what the hell???
There is 1080p/60fps, 2k, 4k.. there is 4k/60fps, 8k in the future and so on and what kind of PC you will need to play this,what type of internet even. 
When I started, I buy videocard and I realise I do not need it, I buy several pocessors that did not do the job  and onther stuff, but there is no info on that.
I think it will be interesting because it is a budget build and you need to put your brains to it, for not buy stuff you do not need and throw your money for nothing.
P.S I hope my english is readable sorry for that I'm from very far away.

Okay I know some people are probably not overly interested in this but I think a lot in the community would benefit from a series of reviews of some of the various thin and light laptops available and not just the insanely expensive (e.g. Razer Blade Stealth, Dell XPS line, etc.) but also some of the cheaper ones on the market for around the £400-£600 ($500-$750 US) price bracket.

Personally, I'm interested in laptops like the Acer Swift 3 or Dell Inspiron. Maybe do it in the lead up to the summer for people looking for laptops for University because this insistence that insanely expensive devices (Surface laptop, macbook, hp spectre) are in any way aimed at the normal university student. When you're paying for tuition (in most countries, not mine luckily), accommodation, food, other things you need for living alone and not dying, most can't afford to spend £1000+ on a laptop. Especially people in this community - most of us have desktops and these are second devices.

Sorry if this was a rant but really - reviews of cheaper, portable laptops isn't that hard to do and would really help cause laptops are one of the worst types of PC for not being able to compare specs and get a good conclusion. And this being LTT, I don't expect stupid things not to be done to them.

|| CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (@3.9GHz) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B350 Plus || Cooler: Arctic Freezer 33 eSports Edition || GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB C16 (@2933MHz) || SSD: SanDisk 128GB || HDD: WD Blue 2TB, Toshiba 2TB, Transcend 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM550x || Case: Fractal Design Focus G || Monitor: 2x AOC 23” I2369VM IPS Full HD, Samsung 32" LED TV Monitor || Mouse: Logitech G703 Wireless || Keyboard: Cooler Master MK750 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) || Speakers: Dell Stereo Speakers || Headphones: Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT / Samsung Galaxy Buds ||

23 hours ago, Aelar_Nailo said:

Not really a review suggestion per say, but I would love to see a competition between built in car rear entertainment systems, and whatever Linus can Ghetto together. Like take a minivan that you see those "wonderful back display systems" advertised on, figure out how much extra that really costs, and use a budget to built something better. Like a compact lcd display of maybe 1080p, and hook it up to a mid end gaming laptop that is somehow hidden, maybe in the seat rest? Essentially, make fun of how much those terrible in car entertainment systems cost, while making Linus suffer showing how pc gamers can do it better. Thanks!

PS: I know this is a ridiculous amount of work, but I think it would be hilarious.

@LinusTech Please do this. Or even better make it a Scrapyard Wars challenge and do it with some car guys and each team gets a car guy and an LTT guy.

|| CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (@3.9GHz) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B350 Plus || Cooler: Arctic Freezer 33 eSports Edition || GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB C16 (@2933MHz) || SSD: SanDisk 128GB || HDD: WD Blue 2TB, Toshiba 2TB, Transcend 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM550x || Case: Fractal Design Focus G || Monitor: 2x AOC 23” I2369VM IPS Full HD, Samsung 32" LED TV Monitor || Mouse: Logitech G703 Wireless || Keyboard: Cooler Master MK750 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) || Speakers: Dell Stereo Speakers || Headphones: Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT / Samsung Galaxy Buds ||

you talk or promote for freshbooks and tunnelbear so how about a review/ tutorial on those products?

you can do fake business and show the ins and outs of the two softwares then do 3rd video on them being used together.

I'd like more mouse, keyboard etc but i would like Edzel to host it because he is a cs:go pro and i can't really find reviews on peripheral's by people like ed that are pro but casually play like he does off camera that actually know what the best of all is but i would like categories like Most comfortable, Best agility mouse, in Any price range, or bets under $100 But i would like more keyboard reviews than mouse because i can't seem to find what cherry switch i like best because the closet thing i have is razor, and corsair at my local best buy (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻. But this is really what i would like to see more than most things because i'm in the works with my new gaming build and i am a noob when it comes to finding the best long term use stuff not amazon $20 mouse that breaks after a month with no instructions in the box. which is what i am used to.

On 5/7/2017 at 0:26 PM, VowaNL said:

Dear linus tech tips.

Have to get out first : Awesome videos. Really helpfull for this noob on building pcs. You made me want to build my own pc. Always bought pre builds. But I want the satisfaction of building my own rig. But.... I always see the $1000/$1500 builds. Or the insane $5000/$10000 builds. What about the people (like me) Who have a budget of $2000/$2500 + plus a bit. Speaking out for myself : I want to build a pc for usage of Photoshop, gaming and mabe streaming on twitch. Also I would love to see movies in 4K or even gameplay in 4K. The choices now are so hard with the new ryzen cpu's and Intel cpu's. 

So dear people at Linus Tech Tips is there any plans for a video like that. With at the end some options for diffrent cpu setups for like Intel i7 7700K or ryzen 7 1800x Or the i7 6800K etc.

Kind regards VowaNL :D

I agree with VowaNL and I would like to add a request to it. could you make a series out of it? for example making the first video would be for an optimal gaming machine with a little extra power. and in the future what you would suggest to do to that pc to keep it up to date with the new games and software that come out. 

That way an average PC gamer can remove some guess work from building a PC from scratch and know what is optimal to spend money on for an upgrade. each video could have links on where to buy the products used in upgrading the computer. 

all around it would help the community by providing a baseline on how to / when to / what to do to keep your system at the optimal performance level as time goes on and newer tech comes out. 

In my situation i have a pc that is about 1.5 years old and i know there is newer tech out there that would give my system a boost to keep up with newer games, but i am unsure if i should upgrade the CPU or GPU or time to get a new motherboard... but if you had a uniform "set" PC that was always being maintained with the times to be optimal (not extreme), i could buy / build that PC and follow your suggestions on when and what to upgrade.

It would allow me to just follow your step by step guides on what to / when to / how to upgrade and be notified by the PRO's (thats you guys) when to do maintenance on my pc.

Thank You

Trevor

19 hours ago, Inversion said:

@LinusTech Please do this. Or even better make it a Scrapyard Wars challenge and do it with some car guys and each team gets a car guy and an LTT guy.

That would be even better! A competition to make the best AV system for the lambo! (lol)

As #muricaparrotgang's founder, I invite you to join our ranks today.

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

(We actually welcome all forms of animated parrot gifs.)

The artist formerly known as Aelar_Nailo.

Profile Pic designed by the very lovely @Red :)!

Some storage NAS reviews from Synology and Qnap would be a good move as some folk like myself are now looking for these and theres very few reviews. Also a setup in a typical home would be a good move as well, maybe use Slicks place or another LTT Staffers place as a typical home set up and not a Linus Home Overkill set up.

Intel i9 9900X | EVGA X299 Micro 2 | Asus GTX 1070 Strix Gaming 8GB | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 (4X8GB) 3200 | EVGA 280mm CLC

Seasonic 1300w Focus Gold | Samsung 500GB 970 EVO

WD Black 2TB/WD Black 1TB (X2)/Seagate 4TB Ironwolf/Crucial 1TB P1/Crucial MX500 500GB/Samsung 1TB QVO

Phanteks Entho Evolve MATX

Samsung LS29E790C 29 Inch Monitor | LG 24UD58 24 inch 4K UHD

Coolermaster Master Keys Pro RGB (Cherry MX Brown)

Logitech G700s

Razer Leviathan

I was thinking microphones the one the offers the best sound quality but comfort in setting up with features that benefit the user

Currently have a blue yeti mic but pics up too much background noise so I either need something to muffle the background noise or that or a replacement 

I'm not sure if this qualifies under "reviews" per se, but it'd be great if Linus and the team could go over the best way to approach buying more customized laptops internationally. I live in Canada (actually like 30 minutes from LMG HQ), but I had such a difficult time trying to figure out how to buy my now shipping Sager NP8156 because most Sager Re-Sellers are based out of the states. I tried looking up reviews for different companies that ship internationally, how the shipping/fees/taxes are handled and such, but there's no real concrete complied information out there.

Ended up buying from ReflexNoteBooks, but even then it was quite a gong-show with their site not having up-to-date info and whatnot.

On 1/28/2015 at 10:24 PM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

Just want some community feedback on this. Most of these things are already in the queue to some degree. Just trying to prioritize...

Linus, do another "The Mailroom" episode soon!! Maybe in a week or so??

Linus, I think you should branch out into another DIY space. Home security DIY specifically. This space is wide open, and good information out there is spartan. I'll admit it would be a big learning curve for you guys if you don't already have somebody that is knowledgeable about such things. However, security is a huge amount of content you could mine, and people willing to build their own computer seem like the type that would be interested! Maybe start by reviewing several different AIO Security Camera systems. It might actually have some merit for you there at the office as you pack in more and more valuable hardware as well.

I'm doing it at home and I have been researching for months and it has been an extremely tough slog. Just look to your own forums, (https://linustechtips.com/main/search/?type=all&q="home+security") people seem to be into it.