What should I review next?

Do a retro reflection/use/attempt of use of dial-up, the pains, the speeds, and using it in the office.

2017 Gaming PC

Excellent value machine, keeps me going.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K | GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 8GB | RAM: 16GB DDR4 | Motherboard: MSI Z170A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM

PSU: Casecom 600W PSU | Case: Corsair Graphite 230T | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | HDD: 3TB WD Blue

Dell XPS 15 9560

Beautiful laptop, in a stunning form factor.

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700HQ | GPU: Intel HD Graphics 630/Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 (not mobile, full GPU) | RAM: 16GB DDR4 | SSD: 512GB SK Hynix SSD

Display: 4K IPS 100% Adobe RGB Touch Panel | I/O: Two USB 3.0 with PowerShare, HDMI, 3.5mm Headphone Jack, SD Card Slot, and Thunderbolt 3 USB-C

Samsung Galaxy S8 64GB | Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 32GB

On 1/28/2015 at 10:24 PM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

Just want some community feedback on this. Most of these things are already in the queue to some degree. Just trying to prioritize...

I know I'm probably going to get some hate for saying this... But I would honestly like to see some present day laptop coolers. 

Unfortunately I travel too much to have a decent desktop to use. So I ended up getting a laptop since it could be used for tons of other things besides games. My current cooler works well with my laptop since has a flat and padded side and pulls air from the side up onto the bottom of the computer. So far it has lowered the temperatures at least 10C across the board when running games. 

I would like to see what other laptop coolers are out there and see if there are others that perform better (even if they are a bit noisy). 

Do a review of the BOXX APEXX 1. Its a super small micro ATX computer built by BOXX technologies and its used for CAD and rendering applications. It has the same specs as a gaming computer would have but in a very tiny boxx custom case.

And then when thats done you could review some Dell latitudes. 3000 5000 and 7000 series to show the differences between them.

2 hours ago, NickWollman said:

Do a review of the BOXX APEXX 1. Its a super small micro ATX computer built by BOXX technologies and its used for CAD and rendering applications. It has the same specs as a gaming computer would have but in a very tiny boxx custom case.

And then when thats done you could review some Dell latitudes. 3000 5000 and 7000 series to show the differences between them.

I agree. This would be really interesting to see them do this.

The new iPad Pro (10.5" and 12.5") and the new Apple Pencil which Apple claims to have the lowest latency stylus in the industry at around 20 ms. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

On 6/9/2017 at 11:31 PM, grimreeper132 said:

Is it only me which is disappointed in that description, I mean they haven't answered the important questions, like what's the storage capacity of this butt plug, I mean I don't wanna get one, I don't have the money to, but seriously you need to supply the important stuff in a description. Also there isn't enough innuendos in there, you could make so meany, and they haven't :(   

More like "in-your-endos" ;)

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

Just now, Ezzy-525 said:

More like "in-your-endos" ;)

Although yes I do like a good pun here and there, this post is one of the reasons I think a facepalm emoji should be added to then fourms till it's added I will just borrow the one skype uses :P 
 Facepalm

The owner of "too many" computers, called

The Lord of all Toasters (1920X 1080ti 32GB)

The Toasted Controller (i5 4670, R9 380, 24GB)

The Semi Portable Toastie machine (i7 3612QM (was an i3) intel HD 4000 16GB)'

Bread and Butter Pudding (i7 7700HQ, 1050ti, 16GB)

Pinoutbutter Sandwhich (raspberry pi 3 B)

The Portable Slice of Bread (N270, HAHAHA, 2GB)

Muffinator (C2D E6600, Geforce 8400, 6GB, 8X2TB HDD)

Toastbuster (WIP, should be cool)

loaf and let dough (A printer that doesn't print black ink)

The Cheese Toastie (C2D (of some sort), GTX 760, 3GB, win XP gaming machine)

The Toaster (C2D, intel HD, 4GB, 2X1TB NAS)

Matter of Loaf and death (some old shitty AMD laptop)

windybread (4X E5470, intel HD, 32GB ECC) (use coming soon, maybe)

And more, several more

43 minutes ago, grimreeper132 said:

Although yes I do like a good pun here and there, this post is one of the reasons I think a facepalm emoji should be added to then fourms till it's added I will just borrow the one skype uses :P 
 Facepalm

Oh come on, he set me up for it lol

On topic: I'd like to see more themed builds. Perhaps it's time for another competition where Linus build the system for the winner?

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

15 minutes ago, Ezzy-525 said:

Oh come on, he set me up for it lol

On topic: I'd like to see more themed builds. Perhaps it's time for another competition where Linus build the system for the winner?

he set me up for it as well, difference is I have standards with my jokes, they aren't high in any way, but at the same time they aren't quite that low :P

I agree with the idea of the competition, on one condition, the winner is pre arranged and the winner is me :P but yea give away's are nice to have as it gives you a sense of getting something back for your support, even if you don't win. 

Also how about an updated review/build guide on ryzen now lots of the bugs have been fixed with it. 

The owner of "too many" computers, called

The Lord of all Toasters (1920X 1080ti 32GB)

The Toasted Controller (i5 4670, R9 380, 24GB)

The Semi Portable Toastie machine (i7 3612QM (was an i3) intel HD 4000 16GB)'

Bread and Butter Pudding (i7 7700HQ, 1050ti, 16GB)

Pinoutbutter Sandwhich (raspberry pi 3 B)

The Portable Slice of Bread (N270, HAHAHA, 2GB)

Muffinator (C2D E6600, Geforce 8400, 6GB, 8X2TB HDD)

Toastbuster (WIP, should be cool)

loaf and let dough (A printer that doesn't print black ink)

The Cheese Toastie (C2D (of some sort), GTX 760, 3GB, win XP gaming machine)

The Toaster (C2D, intel HD, 4GB, 2X1TB NAS)

Matter of Loaf and death (some old shitty AMD laptop)

windybread (4X E5470, intel HD, 32GB ECC) (use coming soon, maybe)

And more, several more

I'd like to see a video on the Xbox One X.

You do a good amount of "Console Killer PC" videos, and I'd like to see a good in-depth price/performance comparison on the new console and a good ol PC, along with your thoughts on the console and how it might affect the console, PC, and gaming industries as a whole.

Perhaps with a build of the same price and a side-by-side comparison of their performance and quality.

Obviously PC wins out on versatility and upgradeability. But It's been a while since I've seen a real good comparison video between consoles and PCs.

CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6 GHZ Motherboard: Aorus Z270X-Gaming 7 RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000 GPUs: 2 x GTX 1080 FE SLI Cooling: Custom CPU and GPU loop Storage: 1TB Samsung 850 EVO , 1 TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM850i Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG Monitors: 2 x Acer XB271HU 1440p 144Hz Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Mouse: Utechsmart Venus

24 minutes ago, Badimir Putin said:

I'd like to see a video on the Xbox One X.

You do a good amount of "Console Killer PC" videos, and I'd like to see a good in-depth price/performance comparison on the new console and a good ol PC, along with your thoughts on the console and how it might affect the console, PC, and gaming industries as a whole.

Perhaps with a build of the same price and a side-by-side comparison of their performance and quality.

Obviously PC wins out on versatility and upgradeability. But It's been a while since I've seen a real good comparison video between consoles and PCs.

Good point! Would also be nice to see a comparison between high end pc and the x and finally your stereotypical starter gaming rig, such as a haswell or ivy bridge i5 optiplex with a 1050ti. This would be an example of the p/perf of a person who has a pc for the web and MS-office, who now wants to start gaming. Is it really future proof? Or should they go console, or do a full pc upgrade.

As #muricaparrotgang's founder, I invite you to join our ranks today.

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

(We actually welcome all forms of animated parrot gifs.)

The artist formerly known as Aelar_Nailo.

Profile Pic designed by the very lovely @Red :)!

review of the 388 watts EBM-Papst Fan, you guys need another "Holy $h!t" episode!

there were already germans reviewing it

The Curta mechanical calculator!

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

I would love it if you did some more high-end IEM's. It'd be great if you could do a review of the Campfire Audio Lyra II's or the Vega's. Love to know your thoughts on this brand.

@Slick have you thought about a video comparing a modern mechanical hdd, a Sata ssd and a nvme ssd during gameplay/streaming. That is other than load times, is there a worthwhile real world benefit to storing games on a ssd vs mechanical hdd.

With load times an ssd kills but in my experience actual gameplay is not really affected, so would it be worth the extra cash to get a higher capacity ssd or would it be better to save the money. No experience with streaming though, is this something LTT could look into.

On 1/28/2015 at 7:24 PM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

Just want some community feedback on this. Most of these things are already in the queue to some degree. Just trying to prioritize...

I love the amazon affiliate code builds, but I'd like to see what people are returning... what PC components don't make the cut once they've been installed, and which ones break the most? I think this would be really good viewer information. 

@LinusTech I feel a video explaining your current editing workflow is in order as you have upgraded to RED cameras and also use Da Vinci resolve. Also why are you still using cineform as you have recently upgraded to to 10 core processors so you don't need gpu accelerated timeline scrubbing?

Please quote me so that I know that you have replied unless it is my own topic.

On 01/28/2015 at 9:24 PM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

How about reviewing caching software for accelerating disk access

Like elitebytes, primocache and others who is best and worst..

Like elitebytes has ramcache and ssdcache.. how well does it improve things vs a dedicated sata controller with cache builtin or vs other sata caching hardware...

I would be interested in a review and run down of the Norton Core. (And comparison to other routers).

https://us.norton.com/core

It's a $249 router, which claims "increased security". I'd love to see LTT do some real world tests on it and see if it's value for money.

Do a video review on a laptop and/or tower from Falcon-NW.com

Hey @LinusTech, if you ever decide to review the iPad Pro, I have a test idea. Have the 10.5 iPad Pro and the MacBook Pro export the same 4K and 1080p/60fps footage via iMovie. Or better yet, test the new 10.5" iPad Pro against the Surface Pro or any other Windows ultrabook using cross platform benchmarks:

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

On 1/28/2015 at 10:24 PM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

I think the new HP envy AIO 34" curved display with i7 7700hq, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD, 32GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX 950M, all for $2,100 USD on Amazon is a pretty good deal. What do you think?

Edited by BigBacon
Needed to show source of product