What should I review next?

1 minute ago, CTxGrey said:

Linus, you should do something on external graphics card in preparation for xconnect. I would like to see a custom external gpu build or find other methods of hooking up an external gpu to a laptop.

I want to know how to make one.

@LinusTech people are still "liking" that comment after over a year. Before the likes got... Well wiped/archived, that comment was around 60 or so. Maybe something to consider? Make for a neat video, even if the product is shit.

On 3/22/2016 at 3:20 PM, JoeyDM said:

@LinusTech people are still "liking" that comment after over a year. Before the likes got... Well wiped/archived, that comment was around 60 or so. Maybe something to consider? Make for a neat video, even if the product is shit.

Well, Xconnect is only meant to work over thunderbolt 3. I'm sure he'll get a Razer Core, at some point.

Working a lot with Video design and editing, I have been looking for a comparison in render times and crunching on an equivalent system (same CPU,Ram, Mobo, etc) using different level graphics cards.  In my spare time, I build rendering machines for people, some of whom demand a Quadro level card for something as simple as Premiere only editing.

I watched your video on Quadro vs GTX cards, but there was no numbers or comparison between lower level cards available.

A test of Nvidia 960, 970, 980, Titan, and a Quadro level card, and equivalent ATI products with the OpenCL instead of CUDA for comparison, within editing software AE, Premiere, DaVinci Resolve and possibly AVID, would be extremely helpful in not only understanding where GPU usage comes in, but also what price point and card is best for purchase when doing rendering operations that may or may not even use the GPU in the first place.

Apple watch. Actually dont do that. Youve got one up. I forgot. Maybe it isnt a review but maybe a speaker system you build yourself. I have made one and it works great. Actually, that could be the next competition between you and others. OMG, that sounds amazing

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

My Linksys router I bout about 5 years ago is on the fritz. It's time for an upgrade anyway. I know LTT has done a lot of videos on server grade high speed networking and how to do it at home but I haven't seen any recent videos, reviews or otherwise, about good'ol consumer grade home networking solutions. I don't need a high speed network to support a rendering pipeline or for a dozen simultaneous Netflix streams. I would just like some friendly advice about current generation home networking solutions.

I think that would be much more helpful then trying to heat up a slice of cold pizza with an old cardboard box. 

On 1/28/2015 at 7:24 PM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

Just want some community feedback on this. Most of these things are already in the queue to some degree. Just trying to prioritize...

I would love some reviews on the entire Zen processor line when it comes out later this year, or are you already planning on doing that? 

GTX 1070 - Ryzen 5 3600x - Corsair H100i V2 - 32GB DDR4 3200

Spoiler

Check out my Minecraft channel here!

Oh, yeah, and another Scrapyard Wars type series called "RETAIL WARS", where each of you pick a different computer parts store and try and make the best PC on a budget, and see which one wins.

GTX 1070 - Ryzen 5 3600x - Corsair H100i V2 - 32GB DDR4 3200

Spoiler

Check out my Minecraft channel here!

The new iPhone SE, and the Raspberry Pi 3, and do a project with it too, I think that would be interesting for the viewers even if it isn't LinusTechTips' main focus

Got an Android, never going back to apple again (notice I spelled apple with a lowercase and Android with an uppercase)

Would love to see a comparison for Pentium Extreme Edition (65nm) to Core 2 Duo's (65nm) in DirectX 12 :)

Core 2 Quad (65nm) 3,6GHz vs. Rise of Tomb Raider or The Division would be nice as well.
Just plain interesting to see what a 10 Year old CPU can do in 2016 games (in best case scenarion, ie. with high OC).
First Quad Core from Intel had premiere in November of 2006 ;)

Different Idea :
What's the worst x86 type architecture so far in pure power usage :
1) 5GHz "Centurion" (FX-9590),
2) ~5GHz "Presler" (Pentium Extreme Edition 965),
3) ~4GHz "Smithfield" (Pentium Extreme Edition 840).

CPU : Core i7 6950X @ 4.26 GHz + Hydronaut + TRVX + 2x Delta 38mm PWM
MB : Gigabyte X99 SOC (BIOS F23c)
RAM : 4x Patriot Viper Steel 4000MHz CL16 @ 3042MHz CL12.12.12.24 CR2T @1.48V.
GPU : Titan Xp Collector's Edition (Empire)
M.2/HDD : Samsung SM961 256GB (NVMe/OS) + + 3x HGST Ultrastar 7K6000 6TB
DAC : Motu M4 + Audio Technica ATH-A900Z
PSU: Seasonic X-760 || CASE : Fractal Meshify 2 XL || OS : Win 10 Pro x64

R9 Nano x3 Crossfire and compare it with other cards on the same price range

How about a $1000 ethernet cable, lol to see to the effects if it provides any better connection than a $20 one xD

Build Name:

Anton

CPU: I7 4790K

GPU: ZOTAC RTX 2060 SUPER AMP EXTREME

RAM: 16GB 1600MHZ

MOBO: MSI H81M-E33

CASE: COOLER MASTER N300

PSU: THERMALTAKE 600 WATT

STORAGE: TOTAL 6.5TB, 512GB SAMSUNG 850 PRO BOOT DRIVE, 2TB HDD 1, 2TB HDD 2, 2TB WESTERN DIGITAL USB 3.0 BACKUP DRIVE

- CRACK!

Can you break a cpu on the next workshop with Luke? Just take a 4790k or a 6700k and increase the voltage/stress test until the point where the computer no longer works. 

How about the the real world gains (if any) of going from a a Samsung 850 pro to the M.2  950 pro

Family is Everything ....But a fast pc with an SSD is NIce

Bitrate in graphics card,, what is DirectX,, spying in windows 10 and android,, many topics, you had never talked about,

More on Server boxes.

I am interested in ASUS's line of Server grade stuff.

Especially the following;

ASUS ESC8000 G3

ASUS ESC4000 G3S

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Review action camera, such as the low price and relative high quality Xiaomi Yi vs Gopro black/silver

On 28 januari 2015 at 4:24 AM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

Just want some community feedback on this. Most of these things are already in the queue to some degree. Just trying to prioritize...

The iPhone SE would be a great candidate for a review.

Why don't you guys do a video on the best budget monitors. AKA 1080p 60Hz 24" basic monitors that will just be a solid choice for anyone. Also maybe a video on BUDGET gaming laptops for people who want secondary PC (laptop form) but might want to game. $100-$200 monitors and $400-$600 Laptops.

On 1/28/2015 at 7:24 PM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

i think. Overclocking From intel vs amd cpus. See if a 8350 can beat out a core i5 after you overclock it.

CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K | Ram: 16GB Corsair LPX 3000 DDR4 | Asus Maximus XI Hero Z390 | GPU: EVGA RTX2080 XC | 960 EVO Samsung 500GB M.2 | 850 EVO Samsung 250GB M.2 | Samsung 1TB QVO SSD | 1TB HDD WD Blue 

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 2 in 1 9370 | I7 1065G7 | 32GB DDR4 | 1TB SSD |

Why not review linux?, kinda like what you did to the OS in iswitched to mac series. see how you feel about it and all of the different distros 

make another build log :) everybody loves those, but not enough are made IMO

Make some computer parts all by yourself and see how they 'perform' against others.

Also do so more phone reviews, I feel like that has been a while

to game or not to game, that`s the question

With small cases now getting more popular it would be cool to see some episodes reviewing what fans works best in the tight spaces, and what GPU works best (Blower vs Non-Blower)

Now that I think about it this would probably be better as a workshop (Luke) project.

Azure Fists - "Grown men playing with each other since 2009"

Spoiler
Spoiler

CPU : Intel® Core™ i5-4590T, OS : Windows 10 64bit + Custom Alienware Console Interface, GPU : NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 860M 2GB GDDR5, RAM : 8GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600MHz, SSD : Kingston V300 240GB, WIFI : Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 2x2 + Bluetooth 4.0, CASE : Alienware Alpha, PSU : External Power Brick, MOBO : Custom Dell Motherboard.

Spoiler

CPU : i5 6600, Mobo : Asus Z97i-Plus, RAM : 16GB DDR4 3000mhz Corsair Vengeance LED, GPU : Gigabyte G1 GTX 1080, Case : Silverstone RVZ02, Storage : SanDisk 1TB M.2, PSU : Silverstone Strider SST-SX700-LG, Display(s) : AOC Q2963PM 29" IPS Ultra Wide 21:9, Fans : Noctua NH-L9i with Be Quiet Pure Wings 2, Keyboard : Razer Blackwidow Stealth 2015, Mouse : Razer Naga 2015, Sound : LG Wireless Soundbar /Razer Kraken Pro, OS : Windows 10

why not make a review of the Mayhems glass water cooling tubes. Not many people have reviewed it and the people who have haven't gone in to much detail about how to use it.

do a comparison/review of the oculus rift and its recommended spec vs lower end specs. 

low-end like with the gtx 950 gtx 960, amd r9 280, r9 270x etc

i would like to know if people like me with "capable" cards should really have to invest in a better card to use it.  eventually i will upgrade my card anyway but i dont want to rush out and upgrade my card if i can still enjoy vr without the extra cost. 

also, will game makers actually code into their games the minimum specs and not allow users with lower end specs to play at all, i doubt it but a lot of reviews say in bold caps that everyone "WILL" have to upgrade to vr ready specs.

i should have preordered but because my pc wasn't "ready" i didn't, though if i did i could have sold it for $1k like my friend did and could have upgraded my pc with the extra cash. 

hope someone does these vid's if you decide not to, i think it might be informative to a lot of people on the vr bubble.

if i post a link to amazon try to use the LTT affiliate code to help the channel http://www.amazon.com/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&linkCode=ur2&tag=linustechtips-20