What should I review next?

Raspberry Pi 3. 

A little back story first, I bought the original pi with the plans to turn it into a retro gaming device. It ran atari, nes, snes etc just fine but when I tried to play n64 (Super Mario 64 specifically) it would skip and have issues. Same goes for PS1. When the Pi 2 came out I was hopeful and installed EmulationStation again. Even after overclocking the Pi 2 it still isnt powerful enough to run Super Mario 64 on EmulationStation properly (audio cuts in and out).

It is so close to working fine but at this point I have spent $100 on the two Raspberry Pi's. And an hesitant to buy the third. Im a long time fan of LTT and would love to see a video of you guys building a "RetroPie" using EmulationStation on the Raspberry Pi 3. And specifically see how it runs n64 and PS1. I think it would be a really fun video and would love to see a LTT video on this project! 

On 2/1/2016 at 7:50 AM, nerdnooby said:

I would like to see a video showing us how to cluster computers together I have multiple computers and would like to know if I can connect them in such a way as to make a super computer and utilise all the cpu's and gpu's as one computer

I am about to buy/put together a PC with 16 true cores and 32 threads. That is basically a super computer. Haha.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

An Overclocking review/comparison on 980TI's would be awesome, and if include the iChill X3 Air Boss Ultra

On 29/01/2015 at 10:24 PM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

Just want some community feedback on this. Most of these things are already in the queue to some degree. Just trying to prioritize...

More components! (cases, etc)

DIY Tough Book Laptop for the extremely extreme gamer on the go

2 minutes ago, lazar.d said:

You should try to stack two contra-rotating fans, like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contra-rotating_propellers

Interesting... lets look at what they claim the advantages/disadvantages are:

The torque on the aircraft from a pair of contra-rotating propellers effectively cancels out.

probably the most obvious and beneficial benefit - to an aircraft - in a PC I don't think this matters ;) 

Contra-rotating propellers have been found to be between 6% and 16% more efficient than normal propellers.

Hm, we may have something here!  More airflow for the same number/cost of fans?  Worth a try!

However they can be very noisy, with increases in noise in the axial (forward and aft) direction of up to 30 dB, and tangentially 10 dB.[2] Most of this extra noise can be found in the higher frequencies. These substantial noise problems limit commercial applications.

Oh... this may have just killed it - the last thing PC fans need is much more noise! xD 

Still, maybe worth a quick experiment?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

On 1/29/2015 at 9:24 PM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

Just want some community feedback on this. Most of these things are already in the queue to some degree. Just trying to prioritize...

There's this Floridan company called "BLU" and right now they hold the world record for the world's thinnest 4G LTE phone, here's a link.

Would be nice to see a Review from Brandon about best compact cameras!

On ‎10‎-‎02‎-‎2016 at 2:35 PM, yourfavoritenumber said:

Since everyday Joe's home networking is mostly low-end stuff, I recommend you guys My Mate VINCE's channel. I hope you find it useful.

wha about some ASUS high end graphics cards ??

Not so much a review, but a great idea from me based on my recent issues with Interparcel.

A video showing / describing how shipping PC components individually is not as bad / safer than shipping a whole pre built PC!

Linus is my fetish.

It would be awesome if you could review the Asus Maximus VIII Extreme/Assembly Motherboard

One of these. Tear it apart and show that it isn't an M.2 drive inside, but actually an M sata drive.

Screenshot_2016-03-10-20-52-52.png

I would love to see a video for bench-marking air and liquid cooling.

One idea I'd like to see is a dual CPU board, one CPU AIR cooled, and the other CPU liquid cooled both with high end cooling systems. Monitoring temperature of both CPU would tell if there is any difference.

I'd love a video about external graphics cards. Maybe it's not a TechTips feature, but maybe an As Fast As Possible. Other than that, how about a review of "smart home" technologies? Like the "nest" thermostat or other remote-controlled home appliances?

Current Rig: ASUS Prime Z390-P, Core i7 9700k, 48GB DDR4 3200 G.Skill Ripjaws V RAM, EVGA RTX 2080 Super Black, 512 GB NVME SSD boot drive, 2TB HDD, 360mm CoolerMaster MasterLiquid AIO, 1200W Rosewill Photon power supply

Former Rig (RIP 11-29-19): Cyberpower Fangbook 4 Xtreme   CPU: Intel i7-6700K   GPU: Nvidia 980m 8GB   RAM: 24GB DDR4 2133   SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO   Main Drive: 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 300

How about comparing 60Hz monitors vs 100/144Hz without Freesync or G-sync ? I.e should I upgrade my 1080p 60Hz panel. 

https://hardforum.com/threads/pcie-bifurcation.1870298/   please try something in that mini itx and crossfire via a plx chip pci express riser and or bifurcation direction like on hardforum .. they brag alot but dont show of any result, iam to poor to try it my self and it would be a nice youtube workshop video :) 

greetz Dom 

CPU

Intel  i9 13900k

Motherboard

Asrock Z790 Taichi

RAM

Kingston Fury Beast DDR5 RGB 32GB 6000MHZ

GPU

MSI GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING TRIO 24G 

Storage

Samsung SSD 980 PRO 1TB 
Unraid NAS 10Gbit about 50TB HDD's, i713700k 64GB DDR5 crucial @ 5800Mhz