Republicans want a net neutrality law, but only if it stops the FCC from handling it

Victorious Secret

Don't tell me you guys support party loyalty

I'll go with whoever supports my ideas, I'm not much of a party loyalist. I am however Conservative, and therefore my ideas align more with Republicans than Democrats.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I'll go with whoever supports my ideas, I'm not much of a party loyalist. I am however Conservative, and therefore my ideas align more with Republicans than Democrats.

Im a pragmatic man. 

Whoever makes more sense at the time of voting gets my vote. Somewhat simple for me. 

I jump off the bandwagon at least half a dozen times a year for either party. sometimes they say stuff I agree with, sometimes they say some really stupid shit.

No. I hate Republicans of any kind. Democrats should be doing the talking.

Democrats aren't any better, sometimes worse!

We need I'm gonna do the right shit party!

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

His argument was poorly constructed and completely lopsided. I come here for tech related news. Not this crap

You realize that he was agreeing with you... right? I mean, it might not have been worded in the best manner, but you essentially just put someone on your ignore list for having the same opinion as you do...

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

At least you understand, let's see what terry has to say. 

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

The FCC is having their balls put into a vice because Obama made one crucial mistake. 

He openly embraced net neutrality and embraced the FCCs power to reclassify under Title II. Republicans, being Republics (the same way Democrats would be Democrats) now have to disagree with what the President wants because...stupid political reasons. 

Hence them pushing their own bill to cut the FCC out in this respect. Also, LOL @ people who think one side is any better than the other. Both parties are 50 shades of shit and the President sits in the middle with no real power yet gets to enjoy the shit from all sides of the equation. 

I think the only reason he did that was to get support from the population. Which to those that even knew what the hell he was talking about, he did. Everyone else it flew over their head. And the rest don't want it because "oh the Democrat wants it, it must be bad."

Fucking airheads. "Republicans are the worst." "Democrats are the worst." Choose your ideals, not your puppets, because in the end both sides will give you their sausage.

So, instead of a watchman watching the watchman, they're going for pure capitalism? Yeah, that's gonna go down well...

"Well you're biased." Well.. I'm right. Sadly. And it really irks me when people under voting age try to give a political opinion when they haven't taken the slightest look at any facts.

Whats worse is that they genuinely don't know anything about how politics actually work, especially in America. 

Black and white isn't even a thing. Its 50000000000000 shades of grey, you're damned no matter what you try to do. Its the nature of the beast, and I fucking despise people who take absolutes on either side. Life just can't work that way. 

The ISPs have proven time and time again that they had their chance to prove they can get their act together and always failed. From mishandling funds intended to upgrade infrastructure to throttling, they need critical overseeing with the levels of corruption they are at right now. They have no one else to blame but themselves and I'm an anti big government kind of person.

Whats worse is that they genuinely don't know anything about how politics actually work, especially in America. 

Black and white isn't even a thing. Its 50000000000000 shades of grey, you're damned no matter what you try to do. Its the nature of the beast, and I fucking despise people who take absolutes on either side. Life just can't work that way. 

Which is why watching politics from a front row seat is both amusing and saddening at the same time.

The ISPs have proven time and time again that they had their chance to prove they can get their act together and always failed. From mishandling funds intended to upgrade infrastructure to throttling, they need critical overseeing with the levels of corruption they are at right now. They have no one else to blame but themselves and I'm an anti big government kind of person.

"But government control is terrible!" Progress is progress imo.

Which is why watching politics from a front row seat is both amusing and saddening at the same time.

"But government control is terrible!" Progress is progress imo.

Nothing will ever be more embarrassing than Ted Cruz's "Net Neutrality is ObamaCare for the internet" quote. That right there made me deeply ashamed to be from Texas.

Nothing will ever be more embarrassing than Ted Cruz's "Net Neutrality is ObamaCare for the internet" quote. That right there made me deeply ashamed to be from Texas.

Yeah when I saw that I just dropped my face to my desk..

from what i can gather, it would seam that the republicans want to remove a regulating body and that just dosnt sit right.  wheeler may be dodgy but at least its something. 

if i was an american i would be embarrassed with this whole title 2 thing. its clear that it will open up competition and drive the internet forward for you guys, especially with the likes of google wanting to roll out fiber every where and yet its taken this long foe wheeler (who is clearly being influenced by some outside party on all this) to even admit that title 2 may be on the cards.  i really feel for you Americans at times

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

I am against this having th congress be able to make decisions over net ruling can lead to serious issues especially with senators being paid to represent special interests, DO NOT think that having the FCC striped of its power as a good thing, it would be like doing the same with the FDA  were then laws could be passed that directly benefit special interest groups.

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

...it's quite possibly the thing that is preventing it from becoming a Democracy.

The US never has been a democracy, and wasn't intended to be one, it's a republic.

The US never has been a democracy, and wasn't intended to be one, it's a republic.

"Republic" has two definitions. One is synonymous with "representative democracy", and the other means that the head of state is chosen individually, as opposed to a monarchy. They aren't mutually exclusive -- it's generally expected for a country that calls itself a republic to satisfy both definitions.

"Republic" has two definitions. One is synonymous with "representative democracy", and the other means that the head of state is chosen individually, as opposed to a monarchy. They aren't mutually exclusive -- it's generally expected for a country that calls itself a republic to satisfy both definitions.

You're correct, but a Democratic Republic is not a true democracy, and was never intended as one. A representative democracy is not a direct one.

With that in mind @Vanderburg, it was intended to have heavily democratic leanings, even if it was never a true democracy.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

You're correct, but a Democratic Republic is not a true democracy, and was never intended as one. A representative democracy is not a direct one.

With that in mind @Vanderburg, it was intended to have heavily democratic leanings, even if it was never a true democracy.

Representative democracy and direct democracy are both forms of democracy. There isn't a "true" form of democracy.

Don't throw away the FCC, just don't. Don't care who comes witht this idea, it's just bad. It gives the politicians power they don't deserve. They can say now "it will all be good!" and i'm 100% sure, it won't.

I live in belgium and look where we are. Politics said "we will do this and that and it will all be great" Now, they have power, and they did NOTHING what they said, actually they are doing more the opposite of what they said so yea...  Could be just here? But tbh i don't think so, there are a lot of places where crap happens thanks to politics lying. Don't see it going well if this will be real.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

You realize that he was agreeing with you... right? I mean, it might not have been worded in the best manner, but you essentially just put someone on your ignore list for having the same opinion as you do...

I realize now that he and I are on the same page. The way he worded was not the best as noted. In the end it was my mistake. I wish he could have worded it better. I'm not trying to ignore people of opposing position. Just trying to filter thru the people on this site, that offer no type of context in a argument and just attack each other out of sheer stupidity. I was wrong and have no problem stating I was wrong

Test ideas by experiment and observation; build on those ideas that pass the test, reject the ones that fail; follow the evidence wherever it leads and question everything.

No. I hate Republicans of any kind. Democrats should be doing the talking.

Republican, Democrat, or what ever party don't matter my friend. All that matters is the individual you are voting for. If you decide with a certain party more often that doesnt matter either if you care about what that individual thinks. If you typically like the typical stances one party makes then you will vote for that party.

Personally I HATE the party system. It creates prejudice in politics. You just showed exactly why I dont like the party system because you think all the Republicans thinks a certain way and so they are all bad. It's not true. There are certain issues or tendencies that every party has but that doesn't mean every single one has the same exact stance on every issue.

Also it depends on what you want to vote a person in for because of the needs that are imminent at the present time. If money is an issue you got for the candidate that is going to change that problem for the better for also the future. It doesn't matter if they are Dem or Rep.

You weren't in the first place? Jesus between GWB and Mark Levin I'd have thought anyone but the crazies be ashamed of that backwater cesspool of ignorance and disregard for science and education.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

You weren't in the first place? Jesus between GWB and Mark Levin I'd have thought anyone but the crazies be ashamed of that backwater cesspool of ignorance and disregard for science and education.

It's really sad. Politicians don't want a educated populist. They try to control the less informed with fear and hatred, racism and prejudice. They don't to teach science, they just want to preach and teach ignorance. All I see around me is the intolerance of other people point of view. I'm right and your wrong without clear explanation of why they feel the way they do.

And when your throw well formed opinions backed up with statistics data at them. They just keep on saying, i'm right you're wrong

Test ideas by experiment and observation; build on those ideas that pass the test, reject the ones that fail; follow the evidence wherever it leads and question everything.