Bill Gates invests in machine that turns poop into water and electricity ( holy he aged)

ahhming

6wA9tHV.png

Bill gates drinking that poop water

Bill Gates is investing in “The Omniprocessor”, which is  sort of small scale waste processing plant inputs human waste, and through a few processes outputs lots of clean water .The  leftover solids are then burn  for electricity. Through that process the Omniprocessor powers itself and even generates a small amount of extra power that’s fed back into the grid.

The design was recently tested out in the US with a successful results, with a bigger version set to start being trialed in Senegal later this year. If all goes well, and it this point that’s a considerable if, the Omniprocessor could start being sold to many developing as well as developed nations around the world.

This is good news considering that the plant power itself and even generate extra power to the grid!  i can see in the future every household will have this !

Source:

http://www.gatesnotes.com/Development/Omniprocessor-From-Poop-to-Potable

http://www.neowin.net/news/bill-gates-invests-in-machine-that-turns-poop-into-water-and-electricity

There is tons of poop, so why not. There is a maschine like that, which uses dog poop. 

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Wait, so that mean's it's more than 100% efficient if it can power it's self and then some? Is that even legal?!

This is amazing.

CPU AMD FX-6300 Motherboard MSI 970A-G43 RAM G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2x4GB) GPU PNY GTX 660 Case NZXT Source 210 Elite (White) Storage1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue PSU Corsair 500W Display(s)AOC and Viewsonic Cooling Enermax ETS-T40-TB Keyboard CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid with Blue Switches Dollar Store Mouse Sound Dollar Store Speaker

Lol I now know the pain that Dark users go through sometimes.

On topic though, that's interesting news. Though I don't think there's much water content in our stool.

Great for fuel source as well as nutrition!

if I remember correcly china or japan had a desing like this for a motercicle.. thogh its not electric

http://inhabitat.com/toto-toilet-company-unveils-toilet-bike-neo-a-poo-powered-motorcycle/

fun fact for @Slick  its a tree wheeler. so you can probably convert it to a TUK TUK :P

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

wow thats really clever

*poos in toilet and gets a glass... oh? it doesnt work that way?*

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Wait, so that mean's it's more than 100% efficient if it can power it's self and then some? Is that even legal?!

It means that burning the solid residue from the water extraction process generates more energy than the extraction process consumes.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

LMAO xD

QGzkkPu.png

for some reason i though this was funny ^^

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Awsome!

This post is absolute crap, I'm mean come on /s , well at least it's not pee to water, urine trouble if you do that... 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

People laughed at me 14 years ago when I said why don't we recycle poop just like we do with urine... Thanks to gates is now possible :P

If only the shit people talk online could be converted into water..

HAH

Currently yes, when some asshat corporation gets their filthy hands on it, patents it, and refuses to manufacture, or refuses to allow anyone to manufacture it, then that will be a different story.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

People laughed at me 14 years ago when I said why don't we recycle poop just like we do with urine... Thanks to gates is now possible :P

It would also remove the primary breeding ground for Cholera and Diphtheria, which is a real problem in Africa (and other really poor regions without proper sanitation). That alone could save hundreds of thousands of lives each year, while giving them clean drinking water (which prevents dying of dehydration if you get diarrhea from unsanitary living conditions).

HAH

Currently yes, when some asshat corporation gets their filthy hands on it, patents it, and refuses to manufacture, or refuses to allow anyone to manufacture it, then that will be a different story.

It wouldn't surprise me if Bill Gates acquired the patent and placed it in the public domain.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

v4HV4J8.gif

"that's water" , he looks so much like a tortoise in that gif... 

8b6192b410.jpg

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

It would also remove the primary breeding ground for Cholera and Diphtheria, which is a real problem in Africa (and other really poor regions without proper sanitation). That alone could save hundreds of thousands of lives each year, while giving them clean drinking water (which prevents dying of dehydration if you get diarrhea from unsanitary living conditions).

It wouldn't surprise me if Bill Gates acquired the patent and placed it in the public domain.

That would be excellent of him.

@ahhming i love your avatar !

On topic: this wouldbe great if it catches on for futute generations. Too much waste and poop that is not being proccesed into anything useful just piling up and taking space.

I wouldnt want to drink it knowing its coming from human butthole...But if i didnt know about it i would drink it ofcourse.

But i hope the "drinking poop water" age will happen after my existence.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

So far it is. But i heard on TekSyndicate channel many months ago that some goverments want to tax solar panel users so making your own energy soon will be illegal. Greedy bastards :(

wow thats really clever

*poos in toilet and gets a glass... oh? it doesnt work that way?*

Phrase "Shitting in your mouth" is doable in 2015. All the years of research finally made the phrase accurate, litteraly :D

It means that burning the solid residue from the water extraction process generates more energy than the extraction process consumes.

He knows what it means, he was just wondering if Goverement allows people to have their own energy source and not pay tax for it nor pay electricity bills since they dont need electricity from the goverment.

HAH

Goverment will get its hands on it and we are all fucked...

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

So far it is. But i heard on TekSyndicate channel many months ago that some goverments want to tax solar panel users so making your own energy soon will be illegal. Greedy bastards :(

Phrase "Shitting in your mouth" is doable in 2015. All the years of research finally made the phrase accurate, litteraly :D

He knows what it means, he was just wondering if Goverement allows people to have their own energy source and not pay tax for it nor pay electricity bills since they dont need electricity from the goverment.

Goverment will get its hands on it and we are all fucked...

Yup. The way things are going, I am personally hoping for a worldwide societal collapse (think walking dead but without zombies).

Maybe if we go back to the stone ages for a hundred years or so, we will learn as a species.

Yup. The way things are going, I am personally hoping for a worldwide societal collapse (think walking dead but without zombies).

Maybe if we go back to the stone ages for a hundred years or so, we will learn as a species.

Im one of those people who havent seen a single episode of walking dead.

Imho people do learn a lot. But too many are easily corrupted by money. Combined with selfish behaviour of many people u get people in goverment leading the humanity to shit...