Lian Li's Launch the O Series cases

ahhming

I don't think it'd be that much more maintenance, it seems they've sorted the dust issues.

Nothing a good old can of compressed air couldn't solve ;)

Plus I don't know how much of a "downgrade" the smaller form factor boards are.

True true. But it might be hard to find a nice looking z87 mitx/Matx board :P

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

To everyone complaining about repost. this is news of the official release, we have confirmed details about the cases. and seeing logans review of it it is a lot different to the thing linus reviewed. 

New front plate and some tempered glass. That's it...

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

True true. But it might be hard to find a nice looking z87 mitx/Matx board :P

Nah there's loads!

Now try finding a nice looking Z77 mitx or matx board. That's next to impossible. Especially for the former.

...hence why I have to give up my 2700k :(

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Nah there's loads!

Now try finding a nice looking Z77 mitx or matx board. That's next to impossible. Especially for the former.

...hence why I have to give up my 2700k :(

I'm just going to grab a 760t maybe a GM210 card or w/e get a blue and white Mobo make a frozen themed build and be done with it.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

This looks pretty rad. I might want to make a console killer build/guide with one of these.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

New front plate and some tempered glass. That's it...

different graphics card layout,

different drive positions.

different psu position

different cooling potential.

yep just a new glass panel panel.

Haha, yeah, I think m-ITX or maaaaybe the mATX are all that really make a ton of sense though.

Unless they have a way to shoehorn 2 graphics cards in there.

well it has 4 expansions slots so if you removed the hard drive cage and went ssd only you could fit 2 longer  2 slot gpus in there if you run a PCIe cable, maybe a mini itx 970 and a reference 970. eg reference behind the mini so all there fans can work..

or just water blocks

I'm just going to grab a 760t maybe a GM210 card or w/e get a blue and white Mobo make a frozen themed build and be done with it.

I just hate the way the window looks. It opens up too much of the basement.

Each to their own though.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

This looks pretty rad. I might want to make a console killer build/guide with one of these.

You'd be over the price of the console with half these cases alone...

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

different graphics card layout,

different drive positions.

different psu position

different cooling potential.

yep just a new glass panel panel.

well it has 4 expansions slots so if you removed the hard drive cage and went ssd only you could fit 2 longer  2 slot gpus in there if you run a PCIe cable, maybe a mini itx 970 and a reference 970. eg reference behind the mini so all there fans can work..

or just water blocks

If you mean same configuration transposed a couple inches, then fine, all-new... Jeez you people can be thick...

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

wow, lian li finally made a good looking system in one of their cases haha

If you mean same configuration transposed a couple inches, then fine, all-new... Jeez you people can be thick...

There is a bigger difference in this case and the one Linus reviewed than there is between the fractal define r4 and the arc midi r2. Its a new product, who cares is it uses a similar design. No need to be a dick about it.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Exact same design but with tempered glass. Sorry :(

What are you on about? The reviewed case has a different outer design, a different construction and a different internal design/layout.

As for the cases, I love that Lian Li has finally taken to tempered glass, instead of cheap acrylic.

the itx case looks amazing, but since you can only have one expansion card, the matx and atx ones, just comes off as pointless.

I don't like the design of being semi open, or the back cable cover, making the cases extra large.

also the should have dropped the HDD cage, and put 1/2 in the wide cable area behind the motherboard. SSD's don't need a big cage.

Like all Lian Li cases, it looks really nice. But there are just some weird layout decisions made, that could make the cases useless. This seems to be the case with most of their cases.

They should hire a good system builder of gaming rigs, so they could prevent these issues.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

First off, might look into getting the PC-07S for use as an all in one deal for an entertainment center using my current older hardware when I upgrade. (Currently have an ATX gigabyte mobo + HD6850 and 2600k)
Secondly, saying the PC-0 series is the same case as the PC-Q series is just showing your either a) ignorance or b ) stupidity. Continuing to defend your stance that they are the same, however, once this has been made abundantly clear tends to lend it towards it being the later. Its like saying the Corsair Obsidian 650D and the Corsair Carbide 200R are the same case because they both come from Corsair.

You mean like this one that tek syndicate reviewed looks awesome 

But I'd have more functionality by virtue of it being an X86 box capable of running most Windows/Linux Applications. Who said I was speaking about it being a budget build? That would be using another case.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

Exact same design but with tempered glass. Sorry :(

lol no it isn't, it's completely different mate

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

lol no it isn't, it's completely different mate

No, it's not. Move everything by 3 inches, add a flat SSD mount, provide some tempered glass and you get the same thing with a new front panel. You people are crazy.

No, it's not. Move everything by 3 inches, add a flat SSD mount, provide some tempered glass and you get the same thing with a new front panel. You people are crazy.

HAHAHAHA DID YOU EVEN WATCH THE VIDEO? THE Q19 HAS THE COMPONENTS STACKED VERTICALLY.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

HAHAHAHA DID YOU EVEN WATCH THE VIDEO? THE Q19 HAS THE COMPONENTS STACKED VERTICALLY.

An option, not a requirement.

Console killer can't be used as a label when your cases exceed the cost of consoles. 

Thats...thats like my saying my Lamborghini is a Civic killer. NO FUCKING SHIT. Yes, both are cars. One is infinitely superior for a driving experience. One also costs 10 times as much once you're done. What kind of bullshit comparison is that? 

I swear, some people need any reason to use "console killer" to feel good about themselves and their PCs. If PCs you build are so good, why talk about them all the time? Its like the people who tell you how good they are, all the time. If you really where good, OTHER PEOPLE would talk about you and you wouldn't need to say a goddamn thing.

But I'd have more functionality by virtue of it being an X86 box capable of running most Windows/Linux Applications. Who said I was speaking about it being a budget build? That would be using another case.

@Victorious Secret pretty much nailed what I was going to say in the post below.

Console killer can't be used as a label when your cases exceed the cost of consoles. 

Thats...thats like my saying my Lamborghini is a Civic killer. NO FUCKING SHIT. Yes, both are cars. One is infinitely superior for a driving experience. One also costs 10 times as much once you're done. What kind of bullshit comparison is that? 

I swear, some people need any reason to use "console killer" to feel good about themselves and their PCs. If PCs you build are so good, why talk about them all the time? Its like the people who tell you how good they are, all the time. If you really where good, OTHER PEOPLE would talk about you and you wouldn't need to say a goddamn thing.

Exactly!! Exactly.

Especially that last part. Nothing could be more true, and it plays into so many things in life.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

QFT. The one thing that makes consoles as mainstream as they are is the initial cost to consumers. It is fairly low. Granted, you pay MUCH more in the long term, but to most people, the short term price is all that matters.

For example, why do most people prefer to buy a cellular contract, versus buying it outright? Paying the full price will save you quite some money overall over most contracts, but there is a catch. People do not like to pay a large lump sum of money in one go. Contracts makes it easier, as each term of payment can be more easily billed with the biweekly/monthly income that a given person receives in the job.

I have seen many people attempt a sub-$500 "console killer" gaming PC, and fail to do so. Most of them attempt to pull the excuse of "not using horrible hardware", which misses the point of the build in the first place. If you want a decent gaming rig, I would say the bare minimum budget is $700.

And also, how in the bloody hell do you own a Lamborghini??

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

An option, not a requirement.

No, the base chassis frame isn't even the same. How can you not tell?

No, the base chassis frame isn't even the same. How can you not tell?

Because he doesn't care. Once he got it into his mind, that he is right, no amount of facts, can change that.

already argued about it farther back, no response.

I would like to make an addendum to my previous post. After watching tek's video, it does seem like the HDD cage is removable, and that you can install both HDD's and SSD's behind the motherboard tray, which is really cool.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

QFT. The one thing that makes consoles as mainstream as they are is the initial cost to consumers. It is fairly low. Granted, you pay MUCH more in the long term, but to most people, the short term price is all that matters. For example, why do most people prefer to buy a cellular contract, versus buying it outright? Paying the full price will save you quite some money overall over most contracts, but there is a catch. People do not like to pay a large lump sum of money in one go. Contracts makes it easier, as each term of payment can be more easily billed with the biweekly/monthly income that a given person receives in the job. I have seen many people attempt a sub-$500 "console killer" gaming PC, and fail to do so. Most of them attempt to pull the excuse of "not using horrible hardware", which misses the point of the build in the first place. If you want a decent gaming rig, I would say the bare minimum budget is $700. And also, how in the bloody hell do you own a Lamborghini??

You can match PC hardware specs to those of a console (at UK pricing, at least) exactly, but you have to sacrifice form factor. A case as compact as a console costs more than a console in itself.

I think the point you're alluding to is valid though. Most people when they build a PC to replace a console don't want to just settle with an R7 260X and a G3258, the cheapest motherboard they can find that has what few features they need, the cheapest case available... It's doable, but not particularly desirable. So people spend more on something that is better than a console in every way. While I wouldn't call this a "console killer", if people are finding the console's specs so horrible then that's a message in itself.

You can match PC hardware specs to those of a console (at UK pricing, at least) exactly, but you have to sacrifice form factor. A case as compact as a console costs more than a console in itself.

I think the point you're alluding to is valid though. Most people when they build a PC to replace a console don't want to just settle with an R7 260X and a G3258, the cheapest motherboard they can find that has what few features they need, the cheapest case available... It's doable, but not particularly desirable. So people spend more on something that is better than a console in every way. While I wouldn't call this a "console killer", if people are finding the console's specs so horrible then that's a message in itself.

First, I doubt you can match the specifications of the consoles for the cost. I have never even heard of a low-clock octacore CPU, and even if it existed, it would not make any sense in a PC build. I think you are referring to performance, which can be a bit of a Pandora's Box for a build budget that low.

Second, in order to make a complete build under $500, you need to make serious compromises on the parts, including the PSU, which is a general no-no.You would need to spend significantly more time in configuration and troubleshooting. You would also need to be more careful about the impact of general overhead, including Windows/Linux, non-gaming applications, and thermal throttling. And yes, you can get a better performance out of paying a bit more upfront, but again, that is not the point. The specs of the consoles may seem horrible, but it still gets the job done, with form factor and ease of use as a bonus. PCs still have quite some ways to go to actually meet those basic conditions for that price, so it loses out.

To those that claim that you can "destroy" the consoles by actually paying the same price for a PC build; I am sorry, but you are full of yourselves! 

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.